• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are US police officers such absolute cunts, though? What does it matter if he calls him 'Papi', or whatever? It's not offensive. The kid is scared, probably knows the kill statistics of US police and that cop's doing nothing to reassure him that he's not about to get shot. Just absolutely garbage practise.

Uh, maybe not offensive but it's fucking weird. Why would he be calling the cop "daddy"? I'd tell him to stop with that shit too. Cops in the US fuck up but this ain't it.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are US police officers such absolute cunts, though? What does it matter if he calls him 'Papi', or whatever? It's not offensive. The kid is scared, probably knows the kill statistics of US police and that cop's doing nothing to reassure him that he's not about to get shot. Just absolutely garbage practise.

You don't thinks it's freakin weird to call the police officer searching you for drugs and weapons daddy?

He told him he was in fact not his daddy. And you called him a cunt. What's wrong with you?

Sep 28, 2018
You don't thinks it's freakin weird to call the police officer searching you for drugs and weapons daddy?

He told him he was in fact not his daddy. And you called him a cunt. What's wrong with you?

Yeah, it's weird and he's still a total cunt. Is there any risk that if the kid keeps saying it that it becomes true? No, so don't worry about it... I assume it's some kind of slang where ever the kid is from... It's nothing! Why should a kid be expected to monitor his speech when some trigger happy cop is waving a loaded gun in his face.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
q4hi99et1wo21.jpg

I witnessed this at the Gamestop I use to visit, there was a line and she was the only cashier and this guy was standing off to the side having an awkward one-sided conversation, she occasionally acknowledged him with one word yes/no/dunno answers.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Back when I was a manager of a Gamestop, I had to say something to guys coming into the store like that from time to time. I'd start out with something fairly polite, but obviously aimed at their behavior and not a general rule. Something like, "I think it's time for you leave."

Of course, the guys were obviously socially oblivious (hence the situation in the first place), and eventually I'd need to step it up. Unfortunately, due to the rules about how employees are supposed to treat customers, there wasn't much the girls working there could do for themselves. IDK if that's still the case, but it sounds like it.

Granted, I - myself - broke the rules when it came to selling games. This actually resulted in a hilarious meeting with our district manager. She started off with something like, "We've been going over the numbers, and you have the highest sales in your store by far. I've been sent to talk with you about what you're doing, so we can make improvements." So, I said something like, "Oh, I don't really have a technique. But I play a ton of games, so I make sure to tell my customers which ones are good and bad. A huge majority of our business relies on repeat customers, so they know they can trust me, either because they loved my recommendations, or because they ended up not liking a game I told them wasn't any good. So now, when they come into the store, they'll buy a game they've never heard of it I tell them it's great. In fact, I can barely keep Half-Life stocked."

She started to get angry and said something like, "You can't do that!!" "Do what?" "You can't tell a customer a game is bad! We have deals with these companies!" "So...you want me to stop doing the thing that's boosting my sales...the whole reason you're here?" "Yes, you have to."

I didn't.

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She started to get angry and said something like, "You can't do that!!" "Do what?" "You can't tell a customer a game is bad! We have deals with these companies!" "So...you want me to stop doing the thing that's boosting my sales...the whole reason you're here?" "Yes, you have to."

I didn't.
So Gamestop only sells good games :D

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hesitated between the cringe thread and the funny stuff one
But here you go

I can see her soul leaving her body when the song really starts

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, maybe not offensive but it's fucking weird. Why would he be calling the cop "daddy"? I'd tell him to stop with that shit too. Cops in the US fuck up but this ain't it.

Probably a cultural thing. I think Puerto Ricans and/or Dominicans call each other "papi" much in the same way americans might use "bro", and its not viewed as something sexual or creepy. It also seems like a really stupid thing for a cop in that situation to be hung up about, but cops do a lot of stupid things.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hesitated between the cringe thread and the funny stuff one
But here you go

I can see her soul leaving her body when the song really starts

Funny, for sure. This happens to me whenever I dig out my old MP3 player and listen to music I downloaded a decade ago.

You could tell me the video contained Carey Mulligan doing a striptease while speaking with an Irish accent and I still wouldn't be able to click on that thumbnail. Jesus fuck.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Did you see the video description?: "I ain't your Papi!! is a COPS Classic, head on over to our Facebook page where you can buy cool Cops TV t-shirts, hats and more. Plus, see behind the scenes photos and footage shot by the Cops film crews"

Eww.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
At first I thought "Yeah, I can see why he's upset that the bus driver told a random passenger that she's beautiful. That's inappropriate."

Then reality hits.