• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGameshark

Oct 27, 2017
Catonsville, MD
Mashallah brother.

Dg87cpmWAAMXMb9.jpg
hahaha talk about being third wheel

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I saw some people saying he was just trying to get him off the field, and maybe that's true, but Ronaldo seems like a good dude tbh.

Anyways I hate these GOAT talks, both Messi and Ronaldo are fantastic players. We're lucky to witness them play.

I'd imagine it's a bit of both.

Was nice to see.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I consider myself fortunate for having watched these 2 geniuses play for a decade and a half. I doubt we'll ever see 2 players of this caliber perform at this level for so long at the same time.

In Ronaldo's case, a player that has pulverized almost every record in the book, watching people trying to downplay his achievements while grasping at straws to find some random statistic to supports their petty insignificant agenda is actually funny and amusing, but also quite sad.

Here's to Mbappé and other up and coming world class players, may they give us lots of fantastic football for many years to come.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
I consider myself fortunate for having watched these 2 geniuses play for a decade and a half. I doubt we'll ever see 2 players of this caliber perform at this level for so long at the same time.

In Ronaldo's case, a player that has pulverized almost every record in the book, watching people trying to downplay his achievements while grasping at straws to find some random statistic to supports their petty insignificant agenda is actually funny and amusing, but also quite sad.

Here's to Mbappé and other up and coming world class players, may they give us lots of fantastic football for many years to come.
Messi is still superior in almost every which way and that makes him the GOAT for me, Ronaldo is easily a top 15 of all time though.
Mbappe really shone with his finishing today but damn Argentina were not helping themselves with their decision making.

enanogrande

Oct 30, 2017
I'm of the personal opinion that Messi is a better player than Cristiano, and the difference in international titles doesn't really play into it much to me. As much as we expect the superstar players to show up and make magic (and they should, to be fair), at the end of the day you're at the mercy of the team you play in.

Nevertheless, I must say it kinda annoys me when people compare CL titles between the two and say Messi has just one less. On paper, sure, but there's no way you can compare Messi's contribution to Barças 2006 win with Ronaldo's contribution to ManU's 2008 title. The difference is two CL's in my book.

Oct 25, 2017
Messi had two assists and generated several scoring chances

Ronaldo was.... falling and complaining a lot

I think we should decide their legacies based on today only!

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
He had a better World Cup than messi his 6th ballon d'or is secured.
Messi scored a better goal than all of his combined, add the assists in the knockout stage and it is overkill. Messi gave his team a chance, Ronaldo did not.

Messi is easily superior than Ronaldo especially if you take into consideration the season overall. Neymar is the player capable winning it if the World Cup goes his way, unless Madrid's media arm go into overdrive like they usually do for the criminal/predator that is Ronaldo.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Truth is, several players are having better World Cup runs than Ronaldo.

You got out in the Round of 16 and your goals will be a footnote. Cavani and Mbappe is all anybody cares about right now.

Them be the breaks.

As for the World Cup itself, I can not disagree here. Suarez, Cavani, Mbappe, Modric and Coutinho have easily had better tournaments, let alone the legend that is Harry Kane.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
you are only as good as your team.

1 man can't carry 9 men to win every match (i didn't count the keeper because he is doing his job to the best of his abilities despite the aging defenders)

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
THIS TITLE CHANGE. LIFEGIVING. INSPIRING.
Thank you for not subjecting my eyes to this thread any longer.
Spoiled a match result too this shit. BYEEEEEEE CRIMINALDO!!!

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I look forward to returning to this thread once Ronaldo wins his 6th Balon. Oh the tears will rain down from the skies.

Deleted member 33408

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Its been an honor to watch history happen first hand.

everyone will miss these times, and football will never seem the same ever again.

Deleted member 8644

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are you a cristiano fan.
I'm not anyone's fan. Both Messi and Ronaldo were let down by bad sides, Argentina was trash all over, had no strategy and couldn't figure out what to do at any point in the tournament (although according to rumors you could lay down the strategy problems at Messi's feet) and Ronaldo had no help up front which is why Uruguay was able to put their whole team in front of him every time he touched the ball.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Can you really be the greatest if your team never won the WC?
I'm not a Ronaldo fan and don't consider him the greatest but only 8 countries have ever won the World Cup and there are a lot of countries out there. It's more advantageous to play for some countries than others and no one has any say where they're born. George Best played for Northern Ireland who would never win anything but he's still one of the greatest ever.

PaddingtonDidntDoIt

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 8, 2018
I think hyperbole is too prevalent.
Ronaldo is one of the best.
Messi is one of the best.
But to be TRULY the best, you need to be better than all others. The only way is if you can do what everyone did, and do it better. Including winning a world cup. How can you say you're the best when you didn't win a world cup and there's 11 at least other men who have?

Lachdanan

Oct 27, 2017
I think hyperbole is too prevalent.
Ronaldo is one of the best.
Messi is one of the best.
But to be TRULY the best, you need to be better than all others. The only way is if you can do what everyone did, and do it better. Including winning a world cup. How can you say you're the best when you didn't win a world cup and there's 11 at least other men who have?
What the hell man. Ronaldo and Messi will never win the world cup single-handedly. You can't do that anymore, the game has changed

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So mods are now bullying our own forum members by reviving their old threads with title changes? Quite unbelievable really

Status
Not open for further replies.