• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This transfer been rumored for the last 2 weeks now and today seems like the day it get's finalised, Juventus will pay Real Madrid 100m and agree to pay Ronaldo 30M (net) per year.

Statements from Cristiano Ronaldo, Juventus and Real Madrid is expected in the coming hours.

Thank you and goodbye, legend.

CIwvZ25WwAApK9y.png

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't have been better to wait with this thread until at least one official statement?

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
Shrewd business from Perez and co. I know he's a top player but that fee seems a bit too high for a 33 year old player.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Shrewd business from Perez and co. I know he's a top player but that fee seems a bit too high for a 33 year old player.

Football Finances have got mental, but to be fair he is the most marketable footballer in the world and still delivers at the highest level.

It's very much a statement of intent from Juve.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man it's going to be weird given I support AC Milan. Thank you for the years of fun!

OP
OP
Ahhthe90s

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How much does 50+ goals guaranteed cost now a days? What does 100m even get you today?

On one hand 100m + knocking off 30m a year in wages is great business for Florentino Perez. But on the other hand how do you justify losing your club legend so suddenly like this?

Is this a win or a lose?

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
How much does 50+ goals guaranteed cost now a days? What does 100m even get you today?

On one hand 100m + knocking off 30m a year in wages is great business for Florentino Perez. But on the other hand how do you justify losing your club legend so suddenly like this?

Is this a win or a lose?
Juventus have absolutely fleeced us. Perez is an idiot.

He's 33 and on very high wages.

If Madrid restructure their team by bringing in 2 or 3 quality players to replace him, like Juventus did with Zidane. They will come out stronger.

Ronaldo had to leave sometime, this way Juventus have received nine(?) years of service from him, a score of trophies AND made a profit.

I would call that a win.

OP
OP
Ahhthe90s

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I guess but who do you replace him with? Mbappe just signed for PSG?

I guess a 28 yeard old Hazard is in the works now but he's 28, his legs will start giving soon.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for your 9 years at Real Madrid, GOAT. Easily one of our greatest players ever. He should leave with a massive goodbye party befit of his incredible achievements at the club. Breaks my heart to see him go, but with everything that he has done for us he gets to do whatever he wants at this point.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Will misd him for sure. Perez better bring someone REALLY good to replace him.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
What a legend.

So sad to see him leave my club.

I could have done with at least two more years of his skills.

That said, we got €100 million from him, after having paid €94 million ourselves, and he has brought tons of trophies to our cabinet. That's certainly a win, so I won't complain about the transfer. Just be a little sad.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
At 33 he was already managing his fitness, missing a few games here and there. Perhaps his commercial appeal can outweigh the negatives.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

LE'TS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I have to assume that this deal includes his image rights because if not that's an insane amount for a 33 yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.