• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Codemasters Cheshire are the remnants of Evolution Studios, the team that worked on OnRush when they joined Codemasters. Even if Rushy isn't there anymore, there can be something really nice out of this.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Codemasters Cheshire are the remnants of Evolution Studios, the team that worked on OnRush when they joined Codemasters. Even if Rushy isn't there anymore, there can be something really nice out of this.
I'm interested in how this will turn out.
Do we know where Rushy went?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in how this will turn out.
Do we know where Rushy went?

Rushy went to Slightly Mad Studios, released Project Cars 3 and then left on 2020 for Avalanche Liverpool, a new studio from the Just Cause / Generation Zero team.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
A very exciting studio combo technically, but both studios are notoriously bad for creating an interesting career/story mode. I hope they don't turn NFS into pick races and try to get 3 stars type of structure.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This is VERY good stuff, we need some high quality arcade racing

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
having just played dirt 5, which was made by evolution, this news doesnt fill me with confidence that we will get a good single player experience out of this joint effort

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
please build on heats handling. that was a great game. i wish they didnt try to reinvent the wheel with every game.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
please build on heats handling. that was a great game. i wish they didnt try to reinvent the wheel with every game.

NFS15's terrible handling model was tweaked which gave us Payback. It was okay. Heat is literally just a further tweaked version of that. It was more okay, but i dont really think it was good enough to really keep reusing, criterion and cheshire are both pretty comfortable with their stuff in this regard and ghost was receiving a lot of criticism for their handling model throughout the years.

Kellemann75

Chicken Chaser
Nov 19, 2019
So the Dirt 5 team is on NFS, and the Dirt Rally team is on WRC. So Dirt franchise is dead?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
NFS is one of my all-time favorite franchises. It has ups and downs, but it's been with me since i started gaming and it's not like we have a ton of arcade racers to sort through like we did in the early 2000s. I root for every NFS game to be a 10, and I hope this one is too. That leaked video with the animated flourishes looked really cool to me, so my fingers are crossed

Tigerfan2019

Jun 14, 2020
I just want another Burnout.... 😢
Unfortunately I don't think we will ever see another Burnout game, for EA know a big draw for there racing games is using real cars and the car manufactures want let there cars get all damaged and beat up like in Burnout. Plus with today social climate I can't see them every during a crash mode again.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like it'll be a great game but... does this mean the Evolution team/Cheshire will no longer be independent making their own games moving forward? If so, a bit disappointing as DiRT 5 still had some of that Motorstorm voice in it.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Suddenly very interested in the next NFS. Between the anime aesthetic rumors and having two of my favorite arcade racer devs of all time, I think it could be really great.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Give up on this already JFC, either make something linear and non live service like Underground or the original Most Wanted or fuck off!

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
How much of Criterion from the Hot Pursuit 2010 and Most Wanted 2012 days are actually left? Didn't EA relocate like over half of the team to Ghost Games who just got kicked off NFS?

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think I will ever be interested in a need for speed since it's usually way too engrained within the whole street racing "culture" that I have absolutely zero interest in. Hell, most of them lately seem to have some cheese-fest storyline in there too that only serves as another thing to skip to get to the actual racing.

Just make a new burnout already.