• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And what, tkinter is great. I use it all the time.

I mean I only use it for ONE SPECIFIC THING (selecting a file) but it works for that! :D

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Fjord trying to intimidate a jungle, and immediately getting devoured is beautiful. That was Matt punishing Travis for being silly right?

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I never feel like these Skill Challenges really go great. I've read a few articles and watched some videos of how they work and I still don't really see how they work. They rely on player creativity but there's still only so many ways you can forge a path through the wilderness. I just don't really see what Matt really wants to happen and the players just seem confused most of the time.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
ive only been programming for about a month and i started learning tkinter and its so ugly :(
Literally all I use is:

root = tk.Tk()
filename = askopenfilename()
root.destroy()
root.mainloop()
xl = pd.read_csv(filename)

opens a box that lets you select a file from anywhere on your computer and then imports it (in this case a csv file but works for any file depending on how you import)

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
oh no this isn't good

HE'S GONNA ASK JESTER TO UNLOCK THE THIRD OF UK'ATOA'S CHAINS

edit: OR this is the hag in which case i love it

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
godddddddamn

edit:

is it a cult if the person is legit magical? I meeeeeeean....

I mean in this universe enough people BELIEVING you're a god IS what makes you a god.

So by that logic Jester's faith is what MADE him a god and conferred him his powers. Really all the gods in the world are granted powers by their believers.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This is so freaking wild. An archfey became a god, and is now freaking out because it has too much responsibility. This is so cool.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I mean in this universe enough people BELIEVING you're a god IS what makes you a god.

So by that logic Jester's faith is what MADE him a god and conferred him his powers. Really all the gods in the world are granted powers by their believers.

Yeah I thought that was how it worked, lol.

Makes sense why he'd be telling her this, last session combined with her belief being the reason for his strength lol.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Artagan is somewhere going "holy shit I'm a god with legit god powers now what the FUCK do I do with this? How do I not fuck up the world oh god I only wanted to play pranks on people!"

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
So if the Traveler has no idea what he is doing, does this officially make Travelercon fantasy Fyre Festival?

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
So if the Traveler has no idea what he is doing, does this officially make Travelercon fantasy Fyre Festival?

oh goddddd

there's just gonna be a 4-man band with a wailing fucking bone flute and some ribbon dancers or some shit

no food no shelter just 500 people on a potentially active volcano

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
oh goddddd

there's just gonna be a 4-man band with a wailing fucking bone flute and some ribbon dancers or some shit

no food no shelter just 500 people on a potentially active volcano

tenor.gif

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
im so excited Ally Beardsley is going to be on the Monsterhearts one-shot! They're such a fun addition to the D20 cast and I think D20 was theirfirst experience with TTRPGs/DND so I'm glad they're branching out and having a good time

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Oh man. Vox Machina releases an Archfey upon the Prime Material Plane, who immediately goes out and accidently turns himself into a God. That's hilarious and the complete opposite of what happened with Vecna who was actively pursuing it.

Though hopefully this time we don't have to preform a ritual to prevent it from happening like with Vecna

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
The Vox Machina x Mighty Nein game will be Vox machina trying to ban Artagan and Mighty Nein trying to stop them.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I fucking love that Artagan has no idea what he's doing in his newfound position as cult leader. Honestly can't think of a more interesting reveal of his intentions with it all.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, I just finished the episode where Jester mind changes the Hag....

And I really dont like it when Matt just lets them cast spells whenever they want instantly. They've done it before and usually it doesnt matter but this I felt was the straw.

Jester needs to gesture and speak magic words to cast a spell. She does this in plain site of the Hag who apparently just allows it. This would be equivalent someone pulling out a gun and pointing it the target and the other person not reacting.

He's allowed to run his own table however he wants but I feel he should have at least rolled for initiative and/or use a stealth check to cast it secretly, which he has done the stealth cast thing before but not always.

Nov 2, 2017
Wouldn't it essentially count as a surprise round?

With Modify Memory the point of doing it slyly isn't important if you can change their memory of it happening. It's not like casting Friends where the target inherently knows something is up afterwords.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York

And I really dont like it when Matt just lets them cast spells whenever they want instantly. They've done it before and usually it doesnt matter but this I felt was the straw.

Jester needs to gesture and speak magic words to cast a spell. She does this in plain site of the Hag who apparently just allows it. This would be equivalent someone pulling out a gun and pointing it the target and the other person not reacting.

He's allowed to run his own table however he wants but I feel he should have at least rolled for initiative and/or use a stealth check to cast it secretly, which he has done the stealth cast thing before but not always.
If that's how you want to run your game, that's fine; but it's by no means necessary. When you're DMing something like this and a player comes up with a genuinely creative answer to a problem they're facing, it's perfectly common to handwave things like somatic and vocal components and things of that nature. Even then, this was essentially a surprise round. And as you've said, he's allowed it plenty of times before, so there's totally precedent here for it to be expected.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Really fun episode.

I was really worried for a minute that they were going to let Beau slide, but they talked through it. Fjord really was the MVP of that scene. I think having her lead a group meditation was actually a super smart thing. Not only because Beau got to clear her head with it, but it put her back on firmer ground. It was something she was competent in and it put her in a position of control to rebuild her confidence. A+

The stuff with their new housekeeper was great. They've been given this house, they need to be responsible and make sure it's taken care of. Respect the hustle on Vidala.

The Traveler reveal. I was sooooo worried it was a hag trap, but then I realized the hag has no idea what the Traveler looks like or sounds like. The Artagan reveal was great. For weeks we've talked about how we don't have any idea what Traveler Con is going to be and it turns out, he doesn't either.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't it essentially count as a surprise round?

With Modify Memory the point of doing it slyly isn't important if you can change their memory of it happening. It's not like casting Friends where the target inherently knows something is up afterwords.

Surprise round would be if your foe(s) aren't aware of you and you attack

Oct 29, 2017
Jester is going to become a god herself at this rate
Or at the very least prophet status. Hilarious if this religion catches on and then all temples are dedicated to her like catholic churches and cathedrals are dedicated to the Virgin Mary.

Our Lady Lavorre of Devotion, second tallest building on Nicodranas, easily recognizable for its iconic 9 marble spires.

Last edited:

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

Im sorry but this just comes across as super petty.