• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Am I terrible for not being super into any of the Jester ships? I like the character, but I guess the ships feel a bit Manic Pixie Dream Girl for my liking. So far the closest thing to a ship I like is maybe Fjord and Caduceus.

The thing I was really excited to hear was that Caleb seems to be hoping Artagan will help him kill Trent.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So who isn't in love with Jester? I guess that happens when there's only one straight(?) single female on the adventuring team.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
So who isn't in love with Jester? I guess that happens when there's only one straight(?) single female on the adventuring team.

Maybe Fjord? I honestly can't get a clear read on how he feels about her. I mean he likes her, but it feels like it's been a long time since he showed any romantic interest in her. I'm probably wrong though, Fjord's sexuality is really hard for me to read. I get the feeling he isn't straight, but don't have any evidence at all to back that up. Just a vibe, and the fact that he never established who he slept with when he talked about his history way back in Hupperdook.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Knowing the half the group has a crush on her is great, which is why I loved that one Zone of Truth moment from a month or so back.

Jester: "Okay... Who has a crush on me?!"
Beau: "Jester... You know that everyone does."
Jester: "W-What? ... No..."

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
At this point i seriously doubt Fjord has any romantic interest in Jester.
like there was a little bit of flirting and then zilch for ever.

Maybe Fjord? I honestly can't get a clear read on how he feels about her. I mean he likes her, but it feels like it's been a long time since he showed any romantic interest in her. I'm probably wrong though, Fjord's sexuality is really hard for me to read. I get the feeling he isn't straight, but don't have any evidence at all to back that up. Just a vibe, and the fact that he never established who he slept with when he talked about his history way back in Hupperdook.
i mean, he slept with Avantika.
unless your wondering if hes Bi?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I've fallen behind so badly. I'm on episode 70 now. The King's Cage episode was intense. So many close calls. Fjord didn't die because a sure-to-be fatal hit missed (and this right after him having used that half orc ability that lets you survive one fatal blow), Beau saving Fjord from the grasps of the Smiling Hand with the unlikeliest strength check win, Jester having that one mirror image (or whatever) that saved her from turned-Yasha's sentinel ability. *phew*

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Am I terrible for not being super into any of the Jester ships? I like the character, but I guess the ships feel a bit Manic Pixie Dream Girl for my liking. So far the closest thing to a ship I like is maybe Fjord and Caduceus.
I'm not really into them either, but maybe one of them will grow on me by the end. It feels more like "please date outside of your work/friend/family group, everyone" at the moment.

Cad/Fjord is kind of interesting. It doesn't feel like Fjord is really going for anyone, though. Unless he starts putting in some work with jester, it's going to be very blah if they end up together.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
At this point i seriously doubt Fjord has any romantic interest in Jester.
like there was a little bit of flirting and then zilch for ever.

i mean, he slept with Avantika.
unless your wondering if hes Bi?

Yeah I think Bi is probably where I'm leaning. The Avantika situation is kind of messed up because of the situation. I could never tell if he was actually attracted to her or just trying to get information out of her/stay on her good side. He has flirted with Jester as well, so Bi is most likely.

I'm not really into them either, but maybe one of them will grow on me by the end. It feels more like "please date outside of your work/friend/family group, everyone" at the moment.

Cad/Fjord is kind of interesting. It doesn't feel like Fjord is really going for anyone, though. Unless he starts putting in some work with jester, it's going to be very blah if they end up together.

Yeah, I get that same kind of date outside the group feeling a lot too. Whatever the cast chooses to do will be fine, and I'm sure they could sell any pairing, I'm just mostly neutral at the moment. I do really doubt that Fjord and Jester are going to be a real pairing. So much of Fjord's story is kind of finding and accepting himself that I would be fine if he never had a romantic partner.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if Travis is really all that comfortable going through all the motions that portraying such an intimate relationship would entail, especially with his own wife which could easily go into TMI-on-your-real-relationship territory. He's always been the least likely to show tons of affection, outside of friendly comradery.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
I let the shipping comments wash over me. If they happen, great; if they don't it doesn't ruin anything. It does not surprise me in the slightest that everyone has a crush on Jester though. Even if she's got some problems she is a force of positivity that every single individual in the group needs. That can easily lead to romantic feelings (whether a romantic relationship really forms is a different story).

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Jester is this campaign's Percy. There was a joke online asking what the male version of a manic pixie dream girl was and it was dysthymic ghoul nightmare boy. It fits.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
The only one who would really want to take action on their love of Jester is Beau but even she is hesitant because Beau is more into one night stands instead of a potential long term relationship and who knows if Jester is even bi. Jester herself might not even know because she has based her sexuality around reading straight romance novels. Fjord isn't into it at all, Travis just enjoys messing with the shippers every once in awhile aka, the "kiss" underwater. Caleb wont ever take any action regarding his crushes because he feels he doesn't deserve love and that anyone else would be better off without him romance-wise. Maybe something with Essek could develop since Essek doesn't seem to have any options unlike Jester who Caleb feels would be better off with Fjord, Beau, etc...

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I say they just follow Sense8's lead and have the group become a psudo polyamorous couple. That way no one has to get angry that their ship isn't cannon.

/s

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Campaign 3's party will just be a polycule to officially give all the shippers and artists whatever they want

Vox Machina
The Mighty Nein
Cuddle Puddle

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I want more genderbending in C3. Give me Laura as an old tortle dude descended from Orly and Travis as a teenage manic pixie dream gnome.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Brb, imagining a whole campaign of travis doing his gnome voice or mrs doubtfire, lol

Matt is so good at doing female characters without doing a cartoon voice, it would be cool to see other people stretch those acting muscles for a long term character. Sam has also done really well with Nott, which seemed like it would be way too much in the very beginning, and fleshed that voice out.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Brb, imagining a whole campaign of travis doing his gnome voice or mrs doubtfire, lol

Matt is so good at doing female characters without doing a cartoon voice, it would be cool to see other people stretch those acting muscles for a long term character. Sam has also done really well with Nott, which seemed like it would be way too much in the very beginning, and fleshed that voice out.

I think almost every member of the cast could do a pretty good character of the opposite gender. Nott was pretty grating for a while, but you're right Sam really did sort of get a great grip on it. I think it would just take a couple dozen episodes for any of them to really settle into a voice. Imagine how good Molly would sound now if he hadn't died.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I think almost every member of the cast could do a pretty good character of the opposite gender. Nott was pretty grating for a while, but you're right Sam really did sort of get a great grip on it. I think it would just take a couple dozen episodes for any of them to really settle into a voice. Imagine how good Molly would sound now if he hadn't died.
Yeah, it takes a while for any character. Remember Caleb sounded basically like Vax at the beginning because Liam had too light a touch with the german accent. Nott evolved from bedraggled miss piggy. Yasha got a bit more Scandinavian. Travis still seems to be finding Fjord's new accent (I miss the texan, which was good from the start). Jester and Beau's voices both came out fully formed.

Molly would have been better with a nailed down accent, and who doesn't like a bit of an irish brogue? Laura's one shot monk accent seemed like a bit of a flex at taliesin, lol

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Finally get a chance to watch last week's episode and frankly the most amazing thing about that episode was...

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT CUPCAKE SANDWICH IVE NEVER SEEN THAT.

Laura Bailey, everyone.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've seen that technique popularised in a viral video before but it seemed like it took everyone at the table by surprise!

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I have literally never thought anybody doing that or even considered that as an option or possibility. I'm amazed.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird, I know that I've heard of the cupcake sandwich before, but I swear I learned about it from Laura doing it before, lol. I think she might have just mentioned it off hand during a Talks or something?

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
OK I found this which seems like a place I would have seen it before, and theres a 4m view video on youtube but it's from a channel called Foodbeast and I don't think I've ever watched one of their videos. I also feel like I've heard Laura talk about it before but maybe my memory is just mixing it up with Liz Lemon.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder that tonight's liveshow episode starts an hour earlier tonight. I have no idea what to expect in this one. It could be a super emotional episode where they turn Nott back into Veth, or it could just be sailing hijinks. Either way, it should be fun.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I've been eating cupcake sammiches for a few years now and 100 percent saw it on one of those stupid Facebook foodhack videos. It was a moment of lucidity amongst all the other garbage and i've never gone back after trying it once. So brilliant.

edit: I also had a big response to some of the talk here over the last page and a half but lost it overnight when my machine rebooted. All i wanted to get out is that i'm a big blind idiot cause until Liam said anything about it I never in a million years would have assumed he had even a tiny spark of something for jester. Yasha's comments came off really disconnected and like someone trying way too hard to have a deep call now that they were back in the game properly. Cept she was totally right and I was totally wrong and I feel like i'm back in high school missing obvious cues from girls and other social situations constantly lol

I love this game so much.

Last edited:

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder that tonight's liveshow episode starts an hour earlier tonight. I have no idea what to expect in this one. It could be a super emotional episode where they turn Nott back into Veth, or it could just be sailing hijinks. Either way, it should be fun.

oh shit ty! I continue to wish that they do one-shots/off-canon episodes for live shows, but whatever, it should be good!

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
They should turn Nott into Veth on the high seas so she's guaranteed to not go back home for a while. Could give her time to assess life post goblin.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
1dgPyHj.gif

Another reminder that it's an hour early tonight. I'm expecting sailor hijinks, a battle with sea creatures, and (appropriately) shipping bait.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I've been eating cupcake sammiches for a few years now and 100 percent saw it on one of those stupid Facebook foodhack videos. It was a moment of lucidity amongst all the other garbage and i've never gone back after trying it once. So brilliant.

edit: I also had a big response to some of the talk here over the last page and a half but lost it overnight when my machine rebooted. All i wanted to get out is that i'm a big blind idiot cause until Liam said anything about it I never in a million years would have assumed he had even a tiny spark of something for jester. Yasha's comments came off really disconnected and like someone trying way too hard to have a deep call now that they were back in the game properly. Cept she was totally right and I was totally wrong and I feel like i'm back in high school missing obvious cues from girls and other social situations constantly lol

I love this game so much.

Just think about how many cues from guys you missed instead! :D