• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This high school set is kind of amazing. I also hate that this is set in Arizona, too close to my childhood.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
"I change the oil myself. I lay on a skateboard underneath it and let the oil splash all over me."

That exchange was legit hilarious

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ashley rules as this character tbh, its a total different vibe from pike and yasha

kinda feels like that girl she plays in the last of us

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Frankly, except for Pike, Ashley plays rough around the edges screw you characters. They're always fun to watch, but they also have pretty similar elements.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
That was kind of awesome. I love that they're trying out other game systems. Between this, Undeadwood, and CoC, they've made some pretty great non D&D content. I really really hope they revisit this system sometime in the future.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm learning so much about Tal in this rave scene lmfao.

"Bless you for thinking I have blotters."

My spirit animal.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
So what do you guys think happened to the stones? I don't know why, but I get the feeling they're not petrified. This giant bull thing reminds me of a guard dog. A lot of the statues/victims were found near the entrance to the cave, so maybe this creature was trained/created to keep people from getting in there.

I don't know why they would do this, maybe the family has gone crazy, or been corrupted by something in the cave. Either way, I think finding the Stones is going to be more of a dungeon crawl then just fighting the bull monster on the beach.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
So what do you guys think happened to the stones? I don't know why, but I get the feeling they're not petrified. This giant bull thing reminds me of a guard dog. A lot of the statues/victims were found near the entrance to the cave, so maybe this creature was trained/created to keep people from getting in there.

I don't know why they would do this, maybe the family has gone crazy, or been corrupted by something in the cave. Either way, I think finding the Stones is going to be more of a dungeon crawl then just fighting the bull monster on the beach.
Um the giant bull is a gorgon, a well known monster that has petrify AOE breath, but I am sure this is a legendary buffed one. Unless more show up... But a single one with legendary actions and a high DC breath save could be nasty, I think a regular gorgon is 13 DC for petrify and you get two saves. I wonder if buffed version will be 16 DC or something crazy like 20+ DC.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Um the giant bull is a gorgon, a well known monster that has petrify AOE breath, but I am sure this is a legendary buffed one. Unless more show up... But a single one with legendary actions and a high DC breath save could be nasty, I think a regular gorgon is 13 DC for petrify and you get two saves. I wonder if buffed version will be 16 DC or something crazy like 20+ DC.

Yeah, I have no doubt this thing will be strong. I just don't know if it is just some kind of mindless animal or serving a specific purpose. We didn't see any petrified creatures in the jungle, so this Gorgon thing seems to primarily hang around the entrance to the cave. That's what made me wonder if it is guarding the cave for the Stone family.

It is absolutely likely that I am seeing something that isn't there, and this monster just petrified everyone and killing it will solve all the problems. I just get the vibe that there is something bad in that cave. Like the Stones found something that either corrupted them, or they all killed each other, or something. Either way, I'm very excited to see what happens next week, hopefully they can keep the monster from smashing Cad's family.