Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
GqFfosZ.jpg

Thanks to ArkkAngel007 for the thread title.
Critical Role is a 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons webseries, where a bunch of nerdy ass voice actors get together every Thursday and play, streamed on Twitch for our viewing pleasure. Featuring the voice talents of the Dungeon Master, Matthew Mercer (Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, McCree from Overwatch), with the Players, Ashley Johnson (Ellie from The Last of Us), Travis Willingham (Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist), Laura Bailey (Every Female Role Ever Made That Jennifer Hale Doesn't Get, also Abby from TLOU2), Liam O'Brien (Gaara from Naruto), Marisha Ray (Margaret from Persona 4 Arena Ultimax), Sam Riegel (Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney) and Taliesin Jaffe (10,000 Year Old Vampire Wizard).

With Campaigns 1 and 2 under their belt, featuring the adventuring parties Vox Machina and Mighty Nein respectively, the forthcoming Campaign 3 is an all new starting point, with a new adventuring party, set in Marquet. A vast continent of deserts and mountains, with port and oasis cities serving as beacons of civilisation, surrounded by scattered villages and towns clinging on.

So if you want to see these dorks:

lQRiUvc.jpg

L-R: Liam O'Brien, Taliesin Jaffe, Marisha Ray, Travis Willingham, Laura Bailey, Sam Riegel, Matthew Mercer, Ashley Johnson
Pretend to be these dorks:

latest

Campaign 3's Adventuring Party
L-R: Laudna played by Marisha Ray, Fearne played by Ashley Johnson, Fresh Cut Grass played by Sam Riegel, Chetney Pock O'Pea played by Travis Willingham, Orym played by Liam O'Brien, Imogen Temult played by Laura Bailey, Ashton Greymoore played by Taliesin Jaffe and Dorian Storm played by Special Guest Robbie Daymond.
Join us on Thursday's, 7pm Pacific Time.

CAMPAIGN 3 BEGINS IN:
Oct 21, 2021 at 10:00 PM

Official Website: (All the shows and podcasts can be found here, along with fan art and merchandise)
https://critrole.com/

Twitch Channel: (New episodes of CR every Thursday at 7pm Pacific Time)
https://www.twitch.tv/criticalrole

Official Youtube Channel: (All episodes are now on CR's own Youtube channel, uploaded the Monday following episode premieres on Twitch)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpXBGqwsBkpvcYjsJBQ7LEQ/featured

Official Podcasts: (Each episode will be available in Podcast form on all the usual services a week after the Twitch premier)
https://critrole.com/podcast/

Discord Link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
------

Latest Campaign/Session Video:

View: https://youtu.be/_0q56mZdgpM?si=tVfOoNGXieLuUcGG

Latest Lore Video:

View: https://youtu.be/SQIrVHIyPnw

Last edited:

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
Bidet!
Can't believe that campaign 3 is starting this week already. The long wait is almost over!

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
I can't wait to see what weird character Sam plays next
I also dearly miss the ad reads, what's happening in the NordVerse?

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I feel like it was only yesterday that C2 was ending. I needed a break from the whole thing so I didn't watch much EXU or keep up with the news so this really snuck up on me. I'm excited, though. I can't wait to see what everyone's new characters are.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Campaign 3 is starting this week? Wild. Will be the first time I hop on from the start of a campaign.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be checking it out on Friday because I'm too old to stay up on Thursdays.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
The time really flew by didn't it? I'm so excited for this new campaign. I've never been around to watch a campaign actually in real time like this (I started C1 last March due to a sudden excess of free time...) I'll have to wait for Saturday, though, since I'm forcing my sister to become a fan too lmao.

Kyberpunk

Oct 28, 2017
So excited to watch a new campaign live from episode 1 for the first time! Started with C2 and I finally caught up around the start of the Eiselcross arc, but wish I'd been there from the start.

Making my way through C1 now (C1E44) and realising why so many people love Vox Machina as much as I love the Mighty Nein.

Jared

Oct 27, 2017
Just started watching CR last week. Very excited to jump in with C3. I'll definitely watch C2 simultaneously. They are all fantastic but I have to say Laura is definitely my favorite by a long way.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
So how does the character process work? Does Matt hand them a sheet or do they work on their own characters?

Oct 25, 2017
New thread! Looks great Uzzy

So how does the character process work? Does Matt hand them a sheet or do they work on their own characters?
They make their own. Well Sam has Liam pick the main details (race and class) , but then goes from there. But they often work with Matt on backgrounds, and give him stuff to work with for the world building. And he'll often help them out with custom character subclasses and whatnot.

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
Also the first time we'll have Ashley on from the start with no other obligations in the way! A lot of things to look forward to!

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Once again, great work on the OT Uzzy. Can't wait to see what you do when the the characters are revealed.
Also the first time we'll have Ashley on from the start with no other obligations in the way! A lot of things to look forward to!
Hopefully that holds, though not to where she has to turn away great opportunities.

Edit: Just paid attention to the actual OT title since I followed the link from the last one. Glad people liked that suggestion to make the cut.

Jamh

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Can't wait to meet some local Critters at the theater this Thursday, there's no Cinemark locally so it's going to be a bit of a drive but luckily I have Friday off 'cause driving home at 2 am is going to suck.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to seeing the new characters. I'm hoping we get some subclasses that take the class concepts in very different directions than how one typically imagines the class like Circle of Stars druid, Inquisitive rogue, Swarmkeeper ranger, Eldritch Knight fighter, etc. Although to be fair, depending on the level they start at, it could be a while until we know all the subclasses.

Courfeyrac

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Really looking forward to a new campaign starting. I actually only got into Critical Role via Exandria Unlimited over the summer, and honestly, I'm so intimidated by the sheer volume of campaigns 1 and 2 that I don't know when I'll get around to watching them. I did marathon all of Narrative Telephone over the last couple off weeks, though! The Exandria Lore video was fantastic and really helped to help me understand some of the references in the mini series.

I figure a new campaign at the start will be the best time to get into it, and then I can work on the catching up eventually. But Exandria Unlimited was so much fun, I'm kinda disappointed in myself that I didn't start watching sooner. Maybe I'll just wait for the animated series for 1, and maybe those animated recaps on YouTube that started showing in my recommendations for 2.

Also Aimee's Narrative Telephone is just up on YouTube and it is as incredible as I hoped it would be. She's just such a force of chaos, hope she shows up at some point again!

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Excited for C3 to finally get going. Interested to see where the characters go. It felt like everyone in C2 went dark, almost as an overcorrection from the C1 trope-y characters.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
This'll be fun! Feels like C2 ended yesterday, but I'll take it.

First time I'll actually be up-to-date at the start of a campaign!

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Great job on the OT Uzzy, thank you so much for making it.

It feels weird that we're only a few days away from a new campaign. I have no idea what to expect from C3 yet, but it is exciting. Does anyone have any guesses on what classes the cast might pick this Campaign?

I figure a new campaign at the start will be the best time to get into it, and then I can work on the catching up eventually. But Exandria Unlimited was so much fun, I'm kinda disappointed in myself that I didn't start watching sooner. Maybe I'll just wait for the animated series for 1, and maybe those animated recaps on YouTube that started showing in my recommendations for 2.

This is a pretty solid plan. The animated series will be a great place to get a solid sense of C1. It's only covering one major arc for now, but if it does well it might go on to cover the vast majority of C1. The animated recaps for C2 are a lot of fun, you'll at least get a sense of the major events that happened. The characters are presented a little broadly, but that's not a major detriment.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Once again, great work on the OT Uzzy. Can't wait to see what you do when the the characters are revealed.

Hopefully that holds, though not to where she has to turn away great opportunities.

Edit: Just paid attention to the actual OT title since I followed the link from the last one. Glad people liked that suggestion to make the cut.

Thanks, and I just remembered that I forgot to credit you for the title. Something that is now fixed!

Courfeyrac

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
She was so good. Deni$e!
Deni$e is legitimately now one of my favourite characters. I hope she got that money in the end! (Also texting Aabria about the price of the box? So good.)

This is a pretty solid plan. The animated series will be a great place to get a solid sense of C1. It's only covering one major arc for now, but if it does well it might go on to cover the vast majority of C1. The animated recaps for C2 are a lot of fun, you'll at least get a sense of the major events that happened. The characters are presented a little broadly, but that's not a major detriment.
Thanks for the advice. I think that's probably what I'll go with, and then maybe check out the numerous YouTube highlight reels to see how things actually went down in context.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love D&D and have listened to some episodes. I love the show but can't keep up with it lol

Maybe I will now since this is a fresh campaing.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any guesses on what classes the cast might pick this Campaign?
I want to see Travis be the healer, and Laura go something martial so she can go big damage on things and not feel bad about it. I'd also love to see Sam go for Sorcerer, because I want to see what he can do with metamagic.

I'm also going to make the out of left field, never would see this coming call of saying that Liam's character is gonna be a Certified Sad Boy. But I would love to be proved wrong here

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the advice. I think that's probably what I'll go with, and then maybe check out the numerous YouTube highlight reels to see how things actually went down in context.

If you wanna get through C2 through highlights, this guy's channel is incredibly consistent with 2-3 excerpts from every episode. Some emotional, some dramatic, some hilarious, just a good mix overall:

Courfeyrac

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
If you wanna get through C2 through highlights, this guy's channel is incredibly consistent with 2-3 excerpts from every episode. Some emotional, some dramatic, some hilarious, just a good mix overall:

Fantastic, thanks for this rec! I would love to say that I plan to watch the whole C1 and C2 one day but I just don't see me having that much time anytime soon, so figured the recaps and highlights might be a pretty good approach.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I still need to finish C2 (fell off around 110) but excited for the new season. It's just fun seeing what they come up with character wise and then seeing where those characters go.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm also really curious about the seating arrangement, given how much it impacts dynamics over several hundred hours of gametime. Jester/Nott & Fjord/Beau probably wouldn't have had as clear dynamics if they weren't seated next to each other for example.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
We finally got a new OT, nice.
I love D&D and have listened to some episodes. I love the show but can't keep up with it lol

Maybe I will now since this is a fresh campaing.
As someone who basically spent the pandemic catching up, it kinda sucks when you eventually do and have to wait, it's something great when you can just watch at your own pace, the big downside is obviously not being able to talk about the new stuff, but I always enjoy seeing peoples thoughts as the work their way through. C3 will for sure be a good starting point though. Save the other campaigns and One Shots for whenever you want.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
I'm looking forward to the new characters the most! I love new beginnings! Beginning of Season 2 was amazing, when the characters (for some more than others lol) were still forming.. so much fun for the players too with all the newness...

Fun fun fun!

BarryBJeans

Jul 22, 2019
Super pumped for C3. Got in on C2 when the first episode streamed and hyped that my partner wants to watch C3 with me.
Hoping for some great characters (hoping for an artificer!), I know they are all going to knock it out of the house.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited to be keeping up live this time around.

C1 got me through some boring hospital stays :D

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking forward to the new characters the most! I love new beginnings! Beginning of Season 2 was amazing, when the characters (for some more than others lol) were still forming.. so much fun for the players too with all the newness...

Fun fun fun!
I'm most looking forward to seeing who goes with a super hard accent and watching them quickly fuck it off after a few sessions. Sam in C2 bails so quickly on Nott's original accent, that it's always weird going back and hearing it.

laikalot

May 30, 2020
I really hope Ashley or Laura plays a bard. I know bards don't have to sing, but they both have lovely singing voices that would be nice to see them regularly flex. I have other class hopes, but I'm mostly crossing my fingers for a Kobold PC.

Nov 3, 2017
I really want to see an Artificer and a Paladin have some class representation.

Same for both! I can see Liam or Sam loving an Artificer. Sam for the versatility Liam for the ability to get into the description and details of all the arcane tinkering.

Hoping to see artificer, paladin and sorcerer this go around.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Sam plays a giant character, just to see him stuck with a tiny cup for a few years and how he'll pull off his usual shenanigans with it. I'd also like to see what Sam would do as the beefcake of the party, though he seems to enjoy magic too much to do that.