• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
They've been subtly giving Tal shit for his phlegmy throat for the past few weeks. I feel kind of bad for him, but it does really gross me out to be honest. Is there a reason he's averse to clearing his throat? Is it a voice actor throat health thing?

He sounded alright 2 weeks ago. At least on mame drop. Last weeks mame drop he said he was fighting a cold or something. So could be effecting him slightly tonight

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
They're having fun with their new freedom it seems, yeehaw
He sounded alright 2 weeks ago. At least on mame drop. Last weeks mame drop he said he was fighting a cold or something. So could be effecting him slightly tonight
Maybe so. I think it might just be from doing Caduceus in a lower register all the time, because I've been noticing it a lot more in recent months, and he just. won't. clear. it.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I might watch this new Travis show, their call of duty game last year was lots of fun. Last time they played both of them cheated and screen peaked so much it was hilarious.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Fjord is starting to become the personal medevac with that teleport he has. It's kind of sweet considering how often people assume he is secretly evil.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Fjord bamfing around will never not be cool.

"Greens stay together
Yeah, drowning victims" lmao

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
They should either kill Yasha or temporarily leave the party until Ashley returns. It's been months since she been in a session.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
They should either kill Yasha or temporarily leave the party until Ashley returns. It's been months since she been in a session.

I mean how many episodes has she actively even been in? At least with Pike they had years with her in the home game and she had incredible utility and a deep relationship with Scanlan and Grog. Sure it would suck if she died but it wouldn't really have a big impact in the grand scheme of things.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of feel bad for Travis sometimes. He has to play at least 2 characters a fight, 3 if he summons the demon. That has to be a lot to keep track of.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair. If what happened, happened. This time was out of the groups control since D&D Beyond reset the health

Plus even while Travis has had experience playing that class for several years, his mind is now more focused on Fjord and external factors like Ronin. Mistakes happen. Matt's good enough to turn those around if need be, and luckily Dani let them know before it got to an awkward point.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
Hooo-o-o-o-o-oly crap that really could have gone so much worse. They should have probably been a little more cautious with two of them but once they figured out they were weak in charisma they managed to turn it around.

God. They almost killed her. Almost.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This was a great episode, I really hope they decide to investigate the supernatural stuff in the city. We haven't really been able to stay in one city for a while since they started their pirate adventures.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, between the tweet, Sam's Flask tonight, and Chronicles of Exandria Vol.2, I have all but 3 letters (F, J, Z) of the Cobalt Soul cypher.

The Cobalt Soul emblem on the cover of Chronicles of Exandria Vol. 2 CE reads:

• Outer Ring: From the Archives of the Cobalt Soul. To Seek. To Know. To Record.
  • Top Ring: That Which is Quintessential
  • Right Side: Culture.
  • Right Circle: That Which Lies Within
  • Bottom: Knowledge
  • Left Circle: That Which We Observe
  • Left Side: History

F, J, and Z haven't been included in any material yet. There's also some interesting phonetics and merging going on that can throw people off. For example, C and K are the same symbol. The symbol for U is included in Q, but only stands for Q when many other symbols combined usually represent both. -AL hardly resembles either letter. -IC was another tricky one.

Edit: Sorry for the imgur post, but someone else figured it entirely on Reddit: https://imgur.com/a/fvdIt0S

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Daredevil was on Relics & Rarities and I missed it live....dammit. I didn't know. I just discovered I can quickly add it to my calendar from the Alpha site, so that's cool.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
That was the first episode I've been able to catch from beginning to end in awhile, and it was pretty damn good! It'll feel totally messed up if they take either of those quests for the gold, though. I mean....I think they will. But it'll feel really weird that they'll just drop finding Nott's husband for that.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
That was the first episode I've been able to catch from beginning to end in awhile, and it was pretty damn good! It'll feel totally messed up if they take either of those quests for the gold, though. I mean....I think they will. But it'll feel really weird that they'll just drop finding Nott's husband for that.
Doing something very valuable for the Kryn and then bargaining for her husband as a reward might be a better plan than infiltrating a foreign hostile (and paranoid if Matt's Drow are like they are usually depicted) city to rescue him and fight their way out. Either is equally valid in D&D logic

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Doing something very valuable for the Kryn and then bargaining for her husband as a reward might be a better plan than infiltrating a foreign hostile (and paranoid if Matt's Drow are like they are usually depicted) city to rescue him and fight their way out. Either is equally valid in D&D logic

Ah, you're right. I forgot that they were also offered something besides gold. Smart of Matt to do that, actually. Also, do we know what the demons they fought were? Were they created by Matt or were they official D&D monsters?

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The only one that has allegiance to the Empire is Beau. Yasha has a bad history with the Kryn but that does not make her automatically a friend of the empire, Jester and Fjord are Clovis, Caleb clearly hates the empire. Nott and Caduceus seem to be neutral about the whole thing.

I don't see why their characters should feel any urge to defend the Empire against the Kryn in the war.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, you're right. I forgot that they were also offered something besides gold. Smart of Matt to do that, actually. Also, do we know what the demons they fought were? Were they created by Matt or were they official D&D monsters?

They were Shoosuvas from Volo's Guide. They are minions of the Gnoll Lord Yeenoghu, so take that as you will.

Last edited:

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any explanation as to why she can't Skype in like in the old days? They have WAY more resources now than they did before so they should be able to set her up with multiple cameras so she can see the players, map, and whatever else. Maybe Blindspot has just gone super dick and won't let her participate until their filming is done?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any explanation as to why she can't Skype in like in the old days? They have WAY more resources now than they did before so they should be able to set her up with multiple cameras so she can see the players, map, and whatever else. Maybe Blindspot has just gone super dick and won't let her participate until their filming is done?

Could be just the shooting schedule and other aspects that make that time difficult for Ashley. I know there were moments where they'd stop playing at 1 or 2 am her time, and had to shoot at 5 am.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Something along the lines of "she wants more than 2-3 hours of sleep before a 12 hour day of filming a tv show" would be my guess.