• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like the Feast of Legends VOD is still mia. No reasons so far from what I've seen. Could be the circumstances of profit preventing it from being put up or just a choice not to have it available. Or, they are doing additional post work before putting it up.
It's not on Twitch anymore so we're probably never gonna see it again. So many Ify puns lost. So many Matt reactions to Ify puns lost. Well, except for the hundreds of clips of them that are still available.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I cant believe im never gonna get to see that one shot lol

πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Taking ad money from a big corporation and then donating all the money to something that opposes them is pretty cool, to be honest. I'm sure they were paid to do the ad-venture during their live stream slot only, not put a 3 hour long ad on their youtube page in perpetuity, so I doubt they broke any contracts by doing what they did either.

I mean, Wendy's is never calling again, but who cares?

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
It may stop other people from calling again as well, but those companies probably aren't people they want to be in business with anyway. Not that WOTC are perfect, of course.
If they make an enemy of WOTC, they may have some issues, lol
I agree to an extent, but with the rest of the team being so damn rudderless, the agent-of-chaos duo in the group don't really have a foil to play against.
If anything, they're the ones keeping the group on track along with Cad.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they make an enemy of WOTC, they may have some issues, lol

If anything, they're the ones keeping the group on track along with Cad.

I'd argue it's less them keeping on track than keeping the party moving, for better or worse. Cad and Caleb have the right mindset often, but they are in the backseat 9 times out of 10. Fjord isn't far off from that either. Much of their predicament is due to following the chaos crew's lead instead of just stepping forward and taking the reins more often. It was actually nice for, a hot second, Jester not wanting to rush into the Lotusden.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Undeadwood trailer was great, and the latest Yee-haw Game Ranch was a really good time. L4D is definitely more their style, and it was nice to see them have fun. Travis looked like he was dying in that costume by the end.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait, that Undeadwood trailer looks amazing. Sucks to hear about the Wendys VOD being removed. I really enjoyed the content but unfortunately, the team at CR seem overly sensitive to the clamouring outrage of randoms on twitter. Sometimes it's a blessing, this time it was a curse, excluding the charitable donations.

Let's hope the main campaign returns to a frequent schedule and that the Might Nein can pull themselves together at some point. Their team could some structure and definitely needs a leader who can keep track of everything and keep them moving in a reasonable direction. Not sure who the leader would be though, perhaps Fjord or Caleb or Cad. They seem like the most reasonable people to me, at least in organising everyone anyway. Caleb might be dangerous because of his desire to kill so many powerful enemies but he seems alright other than that.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Fjord has clearly shown he has no desire or real capability to lead. Honestly Beau or Caleb should be taking the lead on this as the most intelligent and research-focused of the group, but it always somehow leads to Nott or Jester suggesting something silly and the party ends up rolling with it. Cad is great but he solves things by asking the Wildmother, who in turn responds with vague directions and he doesn't end up really providing any concrete direction.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Let's hope the main campaign returns to a frequent schedule and that the Might Nein can pull themselves together at some point. Their team could some structure and definitely needs a leader who can keep track of everything and keep them moving in a reasonable direction. Not sure who the leader would be though, perhaps Fjord or Caleb or Cad. They seem like the most reasonable people to me, at least in organising everyone anyway. Caleb might be dangerous because of his desire to kill so many powerful enemies but he seems alright other than that.

I've been wondering who would make a good leader in this group for a while now. Caleb seems like the most obvious choice with his good charisma and intelligence, but like you said he comes with a lot of baggage in the form of some very strong wizards. He also is kind of erratic with his moods, going from very daring and confident to sullen and defeated after the group stumbles.

Fjord seems like one of the next best choices, but it has become increasingly apparent that he feels more comfortable as a follower. He seems to like having someone to look to for guidance like his old captain and Caduceus. Maybe as he grows as a Paladin he will become more independent, but right now it feels like he is best suited as an advisor and negotiator.

Cad doesn't seem like he is really interested in forcing the group into line, and already is kind of the default spiritual leader of the group anyway. Nott could step up to the role, as she already is kind of the team mom right now, but her drinking makes her really erratic, and so she alternates from skittish to really reckless randomly.

Beau really could become a good leader I think. She has a strong personal dynamic with almost everyone in the group, and has on occasion called them out on bad plans. However, she is really held back by her attitude. She seems kind of like a young adult a little out of their depth trying to act cool for her friends. If she could take things a little more seriously she could be a good leader.

Finally, Jester is a bit of a dark horse pick. She has the right impulses, she generally is concerned for the group's well being, and isn't overly reckless in combat. If she could just get a little self control when it comes to pranks, and feel confident enough to directly confront the group when their worst impulses kick in, she could be a solid choice.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would be surprised if Beau wanted to be a leader tbh. Idk, she's weird. She'll complain about "authority" all the time, including not overtly respecting the authority of the Cobalt Soul that much, yet instantly be on board with concepts of authority like when Fjord made her a first mate on the ship. Maybe she could say that she only respects forms of authority that she herself could submit herself to free from influence by others, but then idk how she'd feel about being in a position of authority over the others.

And I totally agree with what you said about Cad timedesk, I think I just wanted him to be the leader because though he hasn't ever really expressed interest, he's definitely the most caring and organised of the crew it seems.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would be surprised if Beau wanted to be a leader tbh. Idk, she's weird. She'll complain about "authority" all the time, including not overtly respecting the authority of the Cobalt Soul that much, yet instantly be on board with concepts of authority like when Fjord made her a first mate on the ship. Maybe she could say that she only respects forms of authority that she herself could submit herself to free from influence by others, but then idk how she'd feel about being in a position of authority over the others.

And I totally agree with what you said about Cad timedesk, I think I just wanted him to be the leader because though he hasn't ever really expressed interest, he's definitely the most caring and organised of the crew it seems.

Beau doesn't respect authority until it earns it/puts her in check. She only respected Cobalt Soul instructors who lashed out at her in hand to hand training, instead of taking administrative punishment. The only time I think I've seen her cave to immediate authority was the Plank King, and that was because they were so buried up in the Avantika nonsense that they couldn't afford to play games with him.

With Fjord, and to some degree Dairon, the respect comes from being given authority by recognizing her as a peer, rather than just some throw away assignment or position to abuse. Which is why she took things incredibly hard with the group for a bit after they played up the servant human bit (not to mention any player discomfort associated) for the Xhorhas council.

It would be interesting to see how she would react to being given authority and having to actually practice it, rather than 'playing house' like on the Mistake.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Beau doesn't respect authority until it earns it/puts her in check. She only respected Cobalt Soul instructors who lashed out at her in hand to hand training, instead of taking administrative punishment. The only time I think I've seen her cave to immediate authority was the Plank King, and that was because they were so buried up in the Avantika nonsense that they couldn't afford to play games with him.

With Fjord, and to some degree Dairon, the respect comes from being given authority by recognizing her as a peer, rather than just some throw away assignment or position to abuse. Which is why she took things incredibly hard with the group for a bit after they played up the servant human bit (not to mention any player discomfort associated) for the Xhorhas council.

It would be interesting to see how she would react to being given authority and having to actually practice it, rather than 'playing house' like on the Mistake.

Well she definitely put her position as Expositor to effective use quickly

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well she definitely put her position as Expositor to effective use quickly

Exactly. She respected Dairon, in her presence at least, not the Cobalt Soul. As soon as she was put into a position of answering to someone else, she makes a mess. Until Beau comes to some moment of enlightenment on how she can't get by on that at this level of intrigue, she can't lead them.

That and for whatever reason the group as a whole wanted to pour gasoline on their situation.

Jester would indeed be intriguing if she balanced out her own chaotic urges. Still, I'd love a reborn from the ashes Caleb embrace who he is and lead in Xhorhas while they research and gather resources. At least to get them in a position for someone else to take charge when they return to the Empire. Then again, he could be an issue to not only being known by the Assembly, but of this accrued debt to Essik.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
"I don't like authority"

*Becomes expositor*

*Starts violently whipping proverbial dick around* "I'm an expositor, witness my ranking, give me access to the thing"

imagine being Dairon and taking a leap of faith with your troubled student and promoting them, probably outside of normal procedures, and spending months undercover in a deeply hostile environment. Only for your student to then get barred from 3 separate Cobalt Soul libraries in the span of a day... just so they could keep their horses? The same horses which they then promptly left in Xhorhas to fuck off somewhere else.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
imagine being Dairon and taking a leap of faith with your troubled student and promoting them, probably outside of normal procedures, and spending months undercover in a deeply hostile environment. Only for your student to then get barred from 3 separate Cobalt Soul libraries in the span of a day... just so they could keep their horses? The same horses which they then promptly left in Xhorhas to fuck off somewhere else.
Put this way is so hilarious. Gosh they Beau really screwed up there lol.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Having run several recently at my local tabletop shop, I'm becoming more and more a fan of mini-campaigns. The chance to let the DM and players change a bit between sessions, let there be SOME sort of consequences for your actions.. should be fun! I'm also rather fond of Brian (granted he took me a while to warm up to on Talks) and am curious to see him run a game.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I think everyone has about the same chance of becoming the leader of the group at this point. Everyone has their own baggage and chaotic/shiftless default motivations that they could fall back on. So it really just comes down to which character/player sees how and why the group keeps failing, and really wants to take the leap to actively change to get their shit together and keep it together. I don't think it would even require anybody to suddenly become a hardass authoritarian, just someone with consistency who can put their foot down if they need to.

Jester as the dark horse, especially if she has a big change at travelercon, is an interesting suggestion.
Having run several recently at my local tabletop shop, I'm becoming more and more a fan of mini-campaigns. The chance to let the DM and players change a bit between sessions, let there be SOME sort of consequences for your actions.. should be fun! I'm also rather fond of Brian (granted he took me a while to warm up to on Talks) and am curious to see him run a game.
My only problem with one shots tends to be how they wrap up. The intro and mid game is usually very interesting and fun, but by the end it can devolve into a breathless energy like "Oh god, we're coming up on time... uh sure you succeed, the bad guy drops the jewel and you all return it and theres a big party good job" that doesn't feel very satisfying. Endings are hard, especially improvised ones. But a one-shot over four weeks should be a good amount because there's enough time for novelty, an actual story, and wrapping things up.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So do you think anyone in the gang will talk about the recent Blizzard stuff ? Seeing as Liam, Laura and Matt all do work for em.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
One shots should ALWAYS end in a TPK. Always. And then a narrated epilogue by the DM showing how the party's failure has doomed the world.
This is something I can get behind, lol. Maybe one survivor who escapes to tell the tale
So do you think anyone in the gang will talk about the recent Blizzard stuff ? Seeing as Liam, Laura and Matt all do work for em.
I don't know. Really a rough week for CR's PR and corporations they are somehow involved with.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Excited for wherever this campaign shifts tonight. We likely have:
  • Essik likely calling in the first of many favors
  • The group examining their failure(s)
  • Bright Queen's reaction to a champion of Lolth being released to the world
  • Whatever Dairon has been up to with the Bright Queen's crest
All that among a number of smaller odds and ends. Plus with the benefit of no more breaks for a bit over a month.

Not on air, and I think they are still early on enough in the life of the company that they don't want to burn any bridges in their VO career over social media.

Edit: Watching them reporting back to the Gentleman in E16, and it's rough watching them trying to play him for what they recovered in Siff's den. They haven't changed a single bit, despite the hemming and hawing over lives of Innocents and extraplanar threats.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dreading a sun tree moment where they return to the dynasty and find dairon strung up or something. The moment when beau gave her the bright queen badge felt very foreboding.

Last edited:

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Yeah, Beau giving Dairon access felt really risky. Definitely a sign of trust.

I'm also really excited for tonight's episode! I think after last week's one shot with its controversy and the missed weeks of previous months it's nice to get back in the groove. Do we know when Ashley's returning? I know BWF said in July she wouldn't be out all of 2019.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ashley should likely be back sometime this month, depending on when Matt and her feel like bringing her in and how quickly a new character is put together if that hasn't been cooking already.

Idk if the Dairon stuff will go south that quickly. She's not as foolish as any of the Nein, so it could stretch for a while. Plus it'll give time for Beau to course correct. Killing her off and likely exposing the Nein as traitors to the Dynasty just after the loss they just suffered is a bit much and kind of a campaign ender/tpk scenario. However, it may likely go down that way if Beau and the Nein don't handle it soon.

I do wonder if the one shot will be addressed at all during the announcements, given the removal of the VOD since they donated the profits. Would be nice to have a solid reasoning on if the change in revenue/profit disbursement is in conflict with whatever the VOD views may bring in, or if they are just leaving it behind entirely.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I was promised falsetto screams, but that was still fun. I see what Laura meant on talks about him going through it fast, lol
Do we know when Ashley's returning? I know BWF said in July she wouldn't be out all of 2019.
I don't know, and it's hard to guess from last year either. She didn't come back until the last episode before christmas last year

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
I was kinda expecting a bigger reaction. Still very entertaining though! It sorta seemed like he was more scared playing parts of pacify on yeehaw than he was going through the haunted house lol.