• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
So is this the week we get some self-reflection from the group-ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Don't laugh, here will be a few minutes of it at the beginning at least

Really though, I'm interested to see what kind of energy they come into the game with. Last episode when they were acting like asshole teenagers to essek right off the bat it was weird, and if they come in acting goofy this time after that failure it would be even weirder.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the Forbidden Wendys episode finally. it was fkin hilarious

i dont have to cyberbully anybody anymore 😇

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
There is so much political tension this episode. I'm really enjoying how intimidating just knowing they're being scryed on is.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This is the best episode in a while. I can't believe they may have just stumbled into a way to kill the laughing hand.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
This episode has been such a breathe of fresh air. Great intrigue, good lore drops, returning favorite, the group is actually communicating and coordinating, and the whole cast seems pumped tonight.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caleb should get swallowed by the frog then use a high level spell to bait the mites into attacking the Froghemoth...

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Fjord's sword seems stupidly overpowered, sheds light, damages attackers, see invisibility and apparently is +2?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Too short!! But finally a good dungeon crawl.

30 episodes later they finally make it out of the Happy Fun Ball, only to find 1000 years have passed and the world they knew is gone.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017

That's a pretty crazy spell. Being able to specifically target 5 creatures with fireball damage is really, really good.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
What a good episode! Everyone seemed to have a great time.

and yeah, Caleb's homebrew spell seems insanely good

It's basically a tweaked fireball : Same damage but instead of damaging everyone in a set radius, it damages up to 5 characters and only them. Or you can target a single enemy with 4d6 more damage than the regular fireball. And there's less range.

Considering Fireball is lvl 3 and this spell is 4. It seems rather fine.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
It's basically a tweaked fireball : Same damage but instead of damaging everyone in a set radius, it damages up to 5 characters and only them. Or you can target a single enemy with 4d6 more damage than the regular fireball. And there's less range.

Considering Fireball is lvl 3 and this spell is 4. It seems rather fine.

The fact that you can select targets and not worry about friendly fire makes it very potent. It's basically Sculpt Spells feature from the School of Evocation. While it's only 60 feet, it will likely prove more useful than a fireball, which is only a 20-ft radius sphere, since it's more likely that the enemies are spread out and can be individually targeted. Combined with the fact that you can increase the damage of the spell with an individual target at 12d6 (which is more than an upcast Scorching Ray), and this spell is incredibly versatile and will see near constant use. I would hesitate to call it OP, especially since it seems to have been an invented spell, and you wouldn't want to waste your time making a shitty spell. That being said, this could easily be a 5th or 6th level spell and retain the same description.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Great episode, lots more fun than the last few especially since the players were having a lot of fun. I'm not that nostalgic about Allura since I'm only through the Briarwood arc in C1 so far, but it's good they finally have a powerful ally that they know they can trust.

That being said, this could easily be a 5th or 6th level spell and retain the same description.

5th level possibly but not 6th. This spell is mechanically similar to Chain Lightning at 6th and that spell does a lot more damage (45 average damage vs 28 average for Caleb's spell)

Even at 5th level I think I would generally like Synaptic Static better, since it has a better save (Int), better damage type (psychic), and hits enemies with a concentration free Bane type debuff.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Popping into the thread to say I'm at the point where they're talking to Essik. Caleb and Cad are talking without imparting any actual information and I fucking hate when they do this. Just talk like a normal person and tell Essik what is going on. 😥

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Popping into the thread to say I'm at the point where they're talking to Essik. Caleb and Cad are talking without imparting any actual information and I fucking hate when they do this. Just talk like a normal person and tell Essik what is going on. 😥

I generally hate when they do that, but in this case they aren't 100% sure Essik is on their side plus they know they are being scryed.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the episode and we're back. The group doing a good old fashioned dungeon crawl is CR at its best.

ALLURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA <333333333333333

I generally hate when they do that, but in this case they aren't 100% sure Essik is on their side plus they know they are being scryed.
I'd argue it's a little late to be having second thoughts about Essik. As far as being scryed on, through Cad they found out it was through orders of the Bright Queen and unless they're trying to hide stuff from her, I don't get being worried here. Like presumably the stuff about Obann and his new friend is stuff that they'd WANT to make its way to the Queen. And as far as stuff about there being a traitor in the court, I don't think that would be news to the Queen. I imagine they didn't have that Beacon just lying around, so they must know it was an inside job.

Dairon probably should have stuck around to avoid suspicion. The house is being scryed on so the fact that the housekeeper that just randomly showed up one day disappeared the day after a huge break-in is a glaring neon sign of foul play.

Also Beau didn't tell Dairon about the massacre at the CS. What the fuck.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this dungeon crawl lasts a few weeks at least. Who doesn't love a dungeon with themed rooms and traps?

I was wishing they would have sent essek a message after they teleported out. Just like "fyi, that whole conversation was being scried upon by somebody. Do with that information what you will." Just in case he holds some information back that the scryer would have seen and heard, he would then get in trouble too. I'm sure he would know they are being scried upon, but it seems like a solid to let him know that that conversation specifically was being recorded.

And yeah, Dairon is in for quite the shock when she gets back.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Dairon is in occasional Sending communication with the rest of the CS, I'd assume she knows.
Yeah she definitely already knows. It was a few weeks ago and she checks in every few days.

If the party stays in happy fun ball too long, they might have to drop everything to make it to Traveler con. Matt obviously wouldn't have Laura miss it outright, but if they have to do a long rest in there plus more time adventuring and additional short rests it could be two or three months.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, even a passing mention would have been good. Is that what the weird "are they about to fuck?" look dairon gave beau was supposed to be?