• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
"we'll have plenty of light to get back by"

that was a very smooth "I'm not a werewolf" recovery

Anjali and Khary are stealing the show

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
That was a really fun opening episode. Brian did a pretty great job. I have no idea what is really going on, but I'm definitely going to be checking out the next three episodes.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Brian is a really good DM, and all the players did great. My attention was rapt.

The next two episodes should be extra spooky. I'm excited

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I've been slowly catching up on the main campaigns so I don't see much of their recent stuff but UnDeadwood is pretty great. Looking forward to the other 3 episodes.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I've been slowly catching up on the main campaigns so I don't see much of their recent stuff but UnDeadwood is pretty great. Looking forward to the other 3 episodes.
I was pleasantly surprised by Brian's DMing skills. Good amount of description and detail to set the scene and tone without being self indulgent, and he was quick on the spot with improvising his characters. He is a writer and a talk show host, after all, but I was still a bit surprised by how well he did.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised by Brian's DMing skills. Good amount of description and detail to set the scene and tone without being self indulgent, and he was quick on the spot with improvising his characters. He is a writer and a talk show host, after all, but I was still a bit surprised by how well he did.

He's also been DMing a long running home game for a good while now. He mentions it occasionally on Talks.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Brian is good when he's being serious about something. Like during BtS and occasionally during Talks where he'll ask a really insightful follow-up. The problem comes when he starts goofing around. I think being the DM puts him in a position where because he's in the driver seat he has to focus more.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
This is (aisde from the clip of barn animals shit talking him) my first exposure to Brian. I get the (obvious) feeling that because this is a 4 parter he is have to speed some shit up. I would love to see a longer, slower burn version of this.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
This is (aisde from the clip of barn animals shit talking him) my first exposure to Brian. I get the (obvious) feeling that because this is a 4 parter he is have to speed some shit up. I would love to see a longer, slower burn version of this.
Definitely.
Also, as far as Brian content goes, give Talks Machina and Between the Sheets a watch. He's one of my absolute favorite members of the entire CR team thanks to those two shows in particular.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely.
Also, as far as Brian content goes, give Talks Machina and Between the Sheets a watch. He's one of my absolute favorite members of the entire CR team thanks to those two shows in particular.

He's my least favourite member of the entire CR team thanks to those, so your mileage may vary!

On another note, was I the only one thinking that when someone uses the mirror to talk to Allura shouldn't their speech be like.... Super slurred for her? And her speech super sped up for them?? It breaks the whole thing!

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's safe to say a magic mirror you communicate through can adjust for time differences because its a fucking magic mirror

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's safe to say a magic mirror you communicate through can adjust for time differences because its a fucking magic mirror

How could it possibly adjust for time differences though. Just think about it. Either it slurs/speeds up speech, or it stops time for everyone altogether for some time while the two mirror people talk, or there's a huge delay.

IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE

where's my logic

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
How could it possibly adjust for time differences though. Just think about it. Either it slurs/speeds up speech, or it stops time for everyone altogether for some time while the two mirror people talk, or there's a huge delay.

IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE

where's my logic

Jester actually asked that and Allura said she was coming through really slowly, but you're right at the rate they were going each word said by Jester would take 24x as long and vice versa. I assumed they just handwaved it just like stage whispering

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the second half of the last episode. I'm into this creepshow Aliens room encounter. Especially for the last episode before halloween.

Halas you nasty

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished the second half of the last episode. I'm into this creepshow Aliens room encounter. Especially for the last episode before halloween.

Halas you nasty

The implications of that room are really interesting. The mutated bodies/clones all sound kind of similar to the Laughing Hand. The sound of a heartbeat as the get closer to the heart chamber as well is really ominous. I'm really curious if the bodies were changed just by their proximity to the heart, or if Halas was actually trying to change them with the power of the heart. Either way it has some serious resident evil vibes, and whatever it is they're fighting in there is bound to be super creepy.

OP
OP
Dream Machine

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
The implications of that room are really interesting. The mutated bodies/clones all sound kind of similar to the Laughing Hand. The sound of a heartbeat as the get closer to the heart chamber as well is really ominous. I'm really curious if the bodies were changed just by their proximity to the heart, or if Halas was actually trying to change them with the power of the heart. Either way it has some serious resident evil vibes, and whatever it is they're fighting in there is bound to be super creepy.
Yeah, my first thought was "did he create the laughing hand?" but he's definitely not that old, so it makes sense that LH's heart is and artifact he found that is powering the room.

Very Charles Dexter Ward vibes with these long abandoned dark science experiments

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
He probably didn't create the Laughing Hand, but if he's got the thing's heart, I could see him trying to replicate it in some form.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, he's your least fav in part because of Between the Sheets? Please elaborate.

Okay to be fair it's mainly talks

Finally getting a chance to watch Undeadwood, oh my god Matt's beard... what..... what is this atrocity

Did they film this when he shaved it? Because there's no way he kept it like this for more than 24hrs.