• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
I just thought Liam had a bad week. I guess I should have more faith in the cast that they're always in character unless they're joking at each other.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Catching Undeadwood Pt2 now, this is awesome stuff. It's kind of similar to what Dimension 20 does with their mini seasons and I think it's a great direction for CR to go. The oneshots are good but they never felt like they were able to fully explore the settings or premise and felt rushed. Having the space for 4-8 episodes with different systems, settings and DMs makes this super appealing. Brian is also a fantastic DM and definitely his best work.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Matt really needs to get away from single super monster combats. No matter how many extra attacks or regen or tons of HP, one failed save gimps the whole encounter, as we saw.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
A bunch of lesser enemies can also lead to disaster for them. They don't tend to focus and think things through first so if they fought a pack of ghouls I'm sure they'd all be paralyzed and die.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
In a Sam/Talisen kind of way. Questions didn't start for 30 minutes, once they did Sam derailed at every opportunity, brought everyone to tears from laughter on multiple occasions, Facetime with Arsequeef, Marisha joined in, Adventures of Ghost Cat. It was a topic filled episode.

That sounds like the kind of episode that would make me never watch Talks again

Matt really needs to get away from single super monster combats. No matter how many extra attacks or regen or tons of HP, one failed save gimps the whole encounter, as we saw.

Yup, that's why the demon on the island boss fight (with the singing girl) is still one of the best fights, if not the best, of the campaign.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was a great talks. Honestly, there wasn't a ton more that those two could have covered, given how little Cad and Nott are attached to whatever is going on here. What was asked covered things fairly well.

I'd hate for Talks to be too serious. The crew constantly dunking on each other, especially on Brian, is a great time for everyone on set and in the chat.

Now if Matt and Liam were there, yeah, a bit more focus would be needed as there's more relevant questions to throw their way.

Last edited:

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, that's why the demon on the island boss fight (with the singing girl) is still one of the best fights, if not the best, of the campaign.

That was a pretty great fight, made super tense because each member of the party could take only one or two hits without hitting zero hp.

For my money though the top five encounters so far have been:

1) The Avantika fight. It had the best mix of tension, strategy, and character development compared to any other fight.
2) The Minotaur Demon fight under the well. This is one of the only fights that honestly felt like it could end in a TPK.
3) The Second Lorenzo fight. A strong boss supported by three decent minions.
4) Merrow Priest fight under the Gentleman's safe house. All seven of the M9 were together and rested, but the water and number of enemies still made it feel like a close fight.
5) Anti-Magic Goelm fight. The golem was a solid fight, but having it chase them through multiple rooms felt really intimidating. It slightly felt like Matt was trying to encourage the party to fight the big enemies instead of wasting resources and running away all the time.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Will was really funny, and it was great to see Sam have to be the straight man. Does anyone here use minis? They seem cool, but look like a lot of work to make them look good. My group usually just uses colored d6s or sometimes little lego guys.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I tend to prefer using minis and maps when possible for combat, but haven't been able to really get into painting yet despite having some supplies on hand.

However, even when unpainted they are nice to have on hand.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I only play online but I would totally get into minis or some kind of personalised tokens for the PCs/Enemies

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I was consumed with Outer Worlds over the weekend so I didn't watch the episode until today, although I had read spoilers and reactions.

After watching the episode, going into the dreadnought wasn't nearly as dumb or suicidal as people made it out to be. It doesn't really advance their goal of finding Yussa, but I personally don't give a shit about Yussa and am more invested in the mystery of Halas, which the inside of the dreadnaught is certainly where they need to be for that investigation.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Will was really funny, and it was great to see Sam have to be the straight man. Does anyone here use minis? They seem cool, but look like a lot of work to make them look good. My group usually just uses colored d6s or sometimes little lego guys.
My group uses minis. Picked up a two different sets of the prepainted WIz Kids official D&D minis and you get quite an assortment. They're not terribly expensive either (they're also not super well painted or great sculpts but you get what you pay for). Me and a friend actively paint minis so every once in a while we'll paint a monster or something to fight. It's a lot of fun when you can have an actual big ass dragon on the table and all of your characters surrounding it. It adds a lot to the game and really helps to get invested into the scenarios when you can see your dude running around on the board.

Example from a session we had a few months ago:
66580295_2329904360432347_6819512737165475840_n.jpg

Also some mini's I've painted for D&D under a spoiler so I don't clog up the thread:

My pc Acheron The Doom Slayer:

55731074_310271492940507_3798036878318370816_n.jpg

My friend's monk character:

64562167_441166160068040_7127889812765278208_n.jpg

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
My group uses minis. Picked up a two different sets of the prepainted WIz Kids official D&D minis and you get quite an assortment. They're not terribly expensive either (they're also not super well painted or great sculpts but you get what you pay for). Me and a friend actively paint minis so every once in a while we'll paint a monster or something to fight. It's a lot of fun when you can have an actual big ass dragon on the table and all of your characters surrounding it. It adds a lot to the game and really helps to get invested into the scenarios when you can see your dude running around on the board.

Also some mini's I've painted for D&D under a spoiler so I don't clog up the thread:

THE EVERCHOSEN

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017

Your minis look really cool. Maybe I'll pick some up for my group around the holidays. It might be fun for us to all customize them.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Watched both Talks and Mini Primetime last night. While there were some parts of Talks that were funny I was ready for it to be over. Mini primetime was really funny, but also the perfect length. The shtick is funny, but would have dragged if they had gone any longer.

Pub Draw stays legit. Hope they never cancel that show.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I want to watch Pub Draw live but it is always at the worst time for me (7 pm when I eat dinner plus World series this week).

Was weird seeing Sam playing the straight man for once with Mini Prime Time, I loved how confused he was lol.. Also the humor made allot of sense when I saw that the writer was Matt Key who used to be on G&S shows.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
Been avoiding this thread because I can't watch CR live and have to catch up when they finally put them on YouTube, but have been wanting to talk about Undeadwood.

As a huge fan of the show, which is probably my favourite of all time, I was really glad to see people here enjoying the series without any exposure to the television show.

I was wondering if my attachment to the show was blinding me, but damn is Undeadwood great. Brian is nailing the impressions
I want to see Calamity Jane!
, and the music is absolutely fantastic. I love the camera angles as well, I hope they do more stuff like this, with these production values.

Last edited:

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Mini Primetime was fantastic, and seeing Sam have to be the confused straight man because of the absurdity of someone else was surreal.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy costumes. I missed the intro, were the costumes supported by the corresponding companies or cosplayers or did they do it all by themselves?

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Oh no, these costumes are so great, but I'm not going to be able to take any of them seriously all night.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
OBJECTION! HOLD IT! LOL Sam.

Our group just recently started playing. The first handful of sessions were 100% imagination, but then we got grids a couple sessions ago. Right now we just use colored dice. There was talk about geting minis, but noone really wants to spend the money and paint them just yet.

One of our players did a really amazing papercraft baby dragon though. So we make do.