• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Beau's mom is not at all how I expected her to be. She's not acting like she sent a letter disowning her. Did maybe her dad send it?

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
That was a pretty great episode. There were some really great party interactions. I think I might hate Beau's dad more than Terry's which is an accomplishment. This hag has been built up a lot, I wonder how strong she is going to be. It's been a while since we had a really tough fight, so here's hoping for some really gross and creepy lair actions.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That was a pretty great episode. There were some really great party interactions. I think I might hate Beau's dad more than Terry's which is an accomplishment. This hag has been built up a lot, I wonder how strong she is going to be. It's been a while since we had a really tough fight, so here's hoping for some really gross and creepy lair actions.
he was really manipulative about what hes done to her, i hated him

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
he was really manipulative about what hes done to her, i hated him

He really was. Almost half of what he said was just generic fake apology garbage. Like he never missed a chance to make her feel like trash in that entire interaction. He might still care about her, but he is a garbage person. Matt sold it really well.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Where have I heard a shack in the woods with a hag who had elongated arms? Was that M9? One of the VM one shots?
Tiberius sold his luck to a hag, dunno if she was in the woods. There was also an one shot run by the actress from Daredevil which Matt and I think Marisha played in, which was about a hag coven.

Last edited:

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Tiberius sold his luck to a hag, dunno if she was in the woods. There was also a run shot run by the actress from Daredevil which Matt and I think Marisha played in, which was about a hag coven.

I completely forgot about the Tiberius thing. Did they ever specify what type of hag that was? I know most are fey, but some are closer to fiends. It will be interesting to see if she will be willing to make a bargain with the M9 instead of immediately fighting them. The group has a lot of followers of divine beings, twisting and corrupting one of them might be worth turning Nott back.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I thought maybe it was the M9, like early in the campaign. When Matt described it, it sounded really familiar, with a shack in the woods/swamp, and I remember the long arms of the hag. I think it was too creepy and they just booked it, which made me think it was the M9 since VM doesn't run from much anymore.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, I thought maybe it was the M9, like early in the campaign. When Matt described it, it sounded really familiar, with a shack in the woods/swamp, and I remember the long arms of the hag. I think it was too creepy and they just booked it, which made me think it was the M9 since VM doesn't run from much anymore.

Oh right, that was when VM was in the Feywild. Pike and Scanlan took the broom to check out the hut, and a bony arm poked out and disenchanted the broom for a second. I think Artagan said she was an ex of his or something like that.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Youre thinking of that episode when they found that shack out in that area where they fought the troll that almost killed Beauregard. It was back when they had Kiri and Calianna with the group

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that I kind of forgot about, Essik now has the body transformation spell. Which means that the Dynasty potentially has a very powerful tool for getting their soldiers into the Empire. All they have to do is turn a bunch of their strongest warriors into humans, teleport into the woods somewhere in the Empire, and they could have an entire strike team that can pass as Empire citizens without having to worry about it being dispelled by wards or protections.

I know Essik is a fan favorite, but if he wanted to climb the ranks he would give this to the Bright Queen right away. Even if the peace talks go well the Dynasty now has a very powerful tool to establish sleeper cells.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Unfortunately I couldn't watch it last night but I just finished the episode and wow. Putting the Keyleth / Sprocket conversation next to Beau / Dad would make me think it's not the same person. Marisha and Matt killed that exchange. Im so excited for them to screw up and fight this hag.

Also, Ashley may not make a bunch of noise but her scene with Liam and the one minute scene with Beau's Dad were great. So glad she's back longterm.

Even though it's been good most of the time this campaign is really starting to payoff 92 episodes in. Props to the writers.

Nov 2, 2017
So i read something interesting about Matt drinking the wine at the end of the episode. Sam did the cork sound and then Talisen did the drinking sound. Some pretty good coordination there.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
That episode is both my my most and least favorite ad bit from Sam yet... can't wait to see how he tops it next time HeroForge decides its safe to let him do another ad read.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just finished the most recent episode and damn that was awesome. Marisha obviously the MVP but everyone put in some great character work.

Yasha and Caleb's night time conversation was a standout even though I think they might not be talking about the same person. I have a suspicion that Yasha might think Caleb secretly loves Jester (and I certainly think he has had something of a crush) but Caleb seems to still be hung up on Astrid (based on him saying it's too late), especially since he visited her again.

Fjord and Beau's conversation was touching, and the real tears were pretty impressive. Jester encouraging her at the end also fantastic.

Nott's conflicted emotions about whether she wants to give up the life she has come to love in order to be with the family she loves is great.

And Yasha's statement to Beau's dad at the very end was just fuckin' metal.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Yasha was asking Caleb if he loved Nott...

I thought the same thing. Partially because I wasn't even sure if Yasha knew who Astrid was. It's kind of hard to keep track of what Yasha knows because of how long Ashley was gone. I assumed Yasha meant Nott because she kissed Caleb before the transformation spell.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I thought Yasha was asking Caleb if he loved Nott...

possibly, but I don't think Caleb has ever shown any romantic interest. He certainly felt apprehensive and regretful about the possibility of nott leaving the party, but I think that was more about companionship than romantic love.

Also I don't think Yasha would be advising Caleb to break up a loving marriage. Especially given her background.

Nov 11, 2017
I thought Yasha was talking about Nott as well.

Didn't Beau one time use Caleb's feelings for Nott to get him off her back about something?

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
A new All Work No Play is out!

Originally I thought Yasha was referring to Astrid, but they had been talking about the group moments before so I think it was to Nott.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Yasha and Caleb felt very.... awkward. To me. Like when you hear just the end of a conversation and try to chime in and you've mayhaps drastically missed the point.

The rest was pretty good. Beau and her dad was a much more tame interaction than I expected. It was a cool angle and put a new perspective on her attitude for a lot of the game though. I've had this confrontational punk who lashed out in my mind. Gave as good as she got so dad threw up his hands and sent her to boarding school. Not her doing everything to please him and being ignored anyway. Shes a broken kiddo who got pushed around and bullshitted most of her life and then cut loose like whatever. Makes a whole different kind of sense. Thinking back to bright queen interactions and all that. She really doesn't trust a single fucking thing these people in power say. Not posturing at all.
I like it. Girl learned a LOT playing keyleth.

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
possibly, but I don't think Caleb has ever shown any romantic interest. He certainly felt apprehensive and regretful about the possibility of nott leaving the party, but I think that was more about companionship than romantic love.

Also I don't think Yasha would be advising Caleb to break up a loving marriage. Especially given her background.
I don't think Yasha was necessarily trying to break up Nott's marriage. I think she wanted to know Caleb's feelings so she could talk to him about them.

I will say Ashley's taking Yasha in a direction I didn't expect. She's kinda asking characters direct questions to be an empathetic or motherly friend.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
So people on twitter and the discord I'm on have noticed something. Thoreau seems obsessed with jade stones. The necklaces of protection he had were made of jade. The rabbit statue that Nott stole from the house was made of jade. But where it could be interesting or could be nothing, is that on the way into town Matt described Beau's back heating up like she had never felt before. Specifically the area where her tattoo would be located. The gem dust that was used in Beau's tattoo?

Jade.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
So people on twitter and the discord I'm on have noticed something. Thoreau seems obsessed with jade stones. The necklaces of protection he had were made of jade. The rabbit statue that Nott stole from the house was made of jade. But where it could be interesting or could be nothing, is that on the way into town Matt described Beau's back heating up like she had never felt before. Specifically the area where her tattoo would be located. The gem dust that was used in Beau's tattoo?

Jade.
well this can't be a mere coincidence.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Yasha was necessarily trying to break up Nott's marriage. I think she wanted to know Caleb's feelings so she could talk to him about them.

I will say Ashley's taking Yasha in a direction I didn't expect. She's kinda asking characters direct questions to be an empathetic or motherly friend.

So she's more acting like... Pike?

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019

Jade.
Like I needed anything spicier for Beau's story. I like this theory.

The only connection is blindspot.

Last edited:

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Jade.
Nani...

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Matt released an update to the Blood Hunter class. I haven't taken a look at it yet, but I'm glad to see the class get some love. It always sounded kind of interesting. Also in the one and a million chance they ever try to revive Molly at the higher levels, his class will be tuned better.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a chance to watch this week's episode yesterday and hot damn was Marisha good. Probably one of her best episodes ever.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Matt released an update to the Blood Hunter class. I haven't taken a look at it yet, but I'm glad to see the class get some love. It always sounded kind of interesting. Also in the one and a million chance they ever try to revive Molly at the higher levels, his class will be tuned better.
Blood Hunter always seemed to be a subpar Warlock, especially since you have to use hitpoints to do anything interesting. And for a pure DPS class, the DPS isn't great.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Blood Hunter always seemed to be a subpar Warlock, especially since you have to use hitpoints to do anything interesting. And for a pure DPS class, the DPS isn't great.

I couldn't tell if that was an issue with the class overall or Molly's subclass. I don't remember Tova having the same issues, but that was a pretty long time ago. At the very least it feels like the class should have had a hit dice on par with classes like fighter or barbarians, just to provide a larger health pool.

Finally got a chance to watch this week's episode yesterday and hot damn was Marisha good. Probably one of her best episodes ever.

She really did. It was a great episode. Pretty much the entire cast did a great job. Even Travis had some good moments considering he looked like he was going to pass out from whatever cold he had.

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Seriously. Dragged a little long, but her and Matt stole the last hour and didn't give it back.

Also I went ahead and made a poll for a new OT name in case people were actually serious

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
oh nice, ill have to check that out. got a player very interested in playing one for our current campaign as a replacement for their about-to-be-very-dead ranger.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I'm assuming this'll make it into the art reel this week, but just in case it doesn't, please appreciate this fantastic art and this horrible pun I happened across just now...