• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Evil. Just pure evil. How can these people live with themselves.

Because for the most part its not a concept of morality to them. So shaming doesn't really do anything, actual consequences like loss of jobs and dissociation from family members, those things may hinder this behavior, but conscience level reasoning is not something that will typically effect this way of thinking. If people view it as an "opinion," they are not going to associate morality towards it. So being racist is a more of a base level of thinking, like "I need to eat" or "I need to exercise."

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Democrats are the embodiment of MLK's "white moderate", and I laugh every time people on this forum basically argue in favor of that bullshit.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Kamala won't get the nomination you'll get 4+ more years of Trump. I'm so sure of it.

This is so fucking depressing. I'm honestly lost for words.
I think Warren is also a good choice. If we throw Biden up there we're going to get 4 more years and I'm scared shitless of that.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
"She hates America" -people who vote for and support a man who ran on the idea that America literally wasn't "great".

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Bottom line, this is that 30-40% which makes up his base. The only thing is you can take solace in the 60-70% of Democrats/Independants who are horrified. (and hope that the independants who voted for Obama, but didn't support Hillary because they didn't like her because... reasons... and thought "change" was in order now see what they've sown and choose to show up in 2020.

True, but I take little solace in this because Trump's rhetoric hasn't just inflamed the latent racism that makes up his base; but it's also given it a chance to spread. And make no mistake, it has and will spread. He's basically punched the reset button and set us back 30+ years in terms of race relations, because *this* will be the ground floor for much of the GOP going forward. We've already seen bunches of GOP politicians start running on the wall/bus platform. While latent racism plenty existed before, it was not politically correct to expose racism so blatantly. Now Trump's shown the GOP you absolutely can be blatant as long as you don't apologize for it and keep the news cycle spinning with the next shitty story. It's disgusting and I fear for our future.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

Correction: 3 sides

dear-america-you-are-waking-up-as-germany-once-did-48766032.png

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
True, but I take little solace in this because Trump's rhetoric hasn't just inflamed the latent racism that makes up his base; but it's also given it a chance to spread. And make no mistake, it has and will spread. He's basically punched the reset button and set us back 30+ years in terms of race relations, because *this* will be the ground floor for much of the GOP going forward. We've already seen bunches of GOP politicians start running on the wall/bus platform. While latent racism plenty existed before, it was not politically correct to expose racism so blatantly. Now Trump's shown the GOP you absolutely can be blatant as long as you don't apologize for it and keep the news cycle spinning with the next shitty story. It's disgusting and I fear for our future.

I feel the same way, but I'm not sure what there is to do and say about that other than catrastrophize...it's just the new reality...I guess.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
North Carolina is full of ignorant hillbillies, but especially eastern North Carolina. They have nothing but racism and BBQ.

Oct 25, 2017
This guys is a fucking idiot. Energy, we could have sold that arena 10x over, tons of people there. WTF are you talking about.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The chant will appear at every rally until November 2020, even in the universe where he doesn't want them to say it. It's short, simple, easily repeated, conveys a message clearly, and expresses a message that these crowds viscerally want to make public.

And we don't currently reside in that universe, anyway.

I'm glad you're owning up to this, and I appreciate this post.

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. No reason for me to act like I was right if I wasn't.