• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Crusader Kings III rated for PS5, Xbox Series, and Xbox One in Taiwan [Update]

The Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee has rated strategy game Crusader Kings III for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and Xbox One.
The Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee has rated strategy game Crusader Kings III for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and Xbox One.

Crusader Kings III first launched for PC via Steam, the Microsoft Store, the Paradox Store, as well as via Xbox Game Pass in September 2020.

The first expansion, "The Royal Court," was announced in May.

crusader-kings-3-ratiy8jh0.png

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
How in the fudge can you olay this game with a computer? I couldnt navigate any of the menus in ck2 with a mouse.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I wonder how successful it's gonna be. Third game might be more accessible than previous games, but it's still PC-ass Grand Strategy. No harm in trying new markets tho.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this would have been guaranteed 100+ hours of gameplay if it launched on Switch. I can't imagine playing it without a touch screen.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Stellaris works pretty well on console, so I can see CKIII being decent. I'll check it out on gamepass if it's there.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
I've been wanting to play this but my laptop cant handle it lol. Hopefully it's a day one game Pass title for console as Paradox has been doing that on the PC side.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
Never played strategy games on consoles before. I think I'll play CK3 on PC but it's good news for consoles.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Stellaris worked great on consoles so I have no doubt they can get CK3 to work. I'm here day one.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine how it'd work on a controller, but a fantastic game that deserves to be played by more people

Oct 28, 2017

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's probably doable on a controller (since you can slow / pause time freely) but pretty fugging tedious with the amount of menus this game has.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
d6aacfe5f2f0412d22bdfd82a24fa5cf.gif

I will buy day 1.

I never understand why games like this don't come to consoles. Just add control support and make a proper UI and sell easy tons of copies.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck dont play with me heart. I sold my pc and i've been dying to play it again

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
They did an astonishingly good job translating Stellaris to console so I believe.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how successful it's gonna be. Third game might be more accessible than previous games, but it's still PC-ass Grand Strategy. No harm in trying new markets tho.

Stellaris doing alright enough to get all the expansion packs. I think we're on Federations right now, with Space Zombies and Indiana Tomb Diving scheduled later in the year. Only the Star Wars Roleplay expansion after that. Easily one of the best games I've ever played and I'm not really into strategy titles.

Really interested in CKIII though, but I'm still on PS4.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Stellaris doing alright enough to get all the expansion packs. I think we're on Federations right now, with Space Zombies and Indiana Tomb Diving scheduled later in the year. Only the Star Wars Roleplay expansion after that. Easily one of the best games I've ever played and I'm not really into strategy titles.

Really interested in CKIII though, but I'm still on PS4.

is stellaris really getting a Star Wars expansion?

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why would that be difficult? My laptop is 14" screen, my TV is 55".

I'll probably day 1 this to help chances of us getting more similar games. Assuming it it's not terrible of course.
Its difficult because people dont like strategy games coming out to consoles because of…reasons

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully coming to Game Pass because playing Stellaris is on the sofa is a really good way to unwind at the end of the day.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Way to diss on the game, when it can run at 4K and has UI scaling options no matter the resolution you are playing the game at!
4K Images below.

88BtTlm.jpeg

aEo4We6.jpeg

eUwOrN3.jpeg
I get what you're saying and I'm playing at 150% i think at my computer but these screenshots only prove to me that that would be too small for a TV screen. I don't wanna crawl into the screen, especially not all the time.
I won't say that it wouldn't be possible to do that. But some serious redesign for parts of the UI would be needed.

Oct 28, 2017
I get what you're saying and I'm playing at 150% i think at my computer but these screenshots only prove to me that that would be too small for a TV screen. I don't wanna crawl into the screen, especially not all the time.
I won't say that it wouldn't be possible to do that. But some serious redesign for parts of the UI would be needed.

It is not out of bounds to expect that more than 200% UI scaling option may also exist on the console versions (if its planned).
And you can always load up those above images right now at this moment and check if 200% UI Scaling is good enough for the TV (as in right now, load those images on the TV).

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Nah, I'm being facetious, but it's very obviously based on Star Wars. You can take over the galactic senate and declare yourself emperor. Others can rebel against you. You can set up a weapon that will destroy the entire galaxy. Etc.

It's out on PC.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
It is not out of bounds to expect that more than 200% UI scaling option may also exist on the console versions (if its planned).
And you can always load up those above images right now at this moment and check if 200% UI Scaling is good enough for the TV (as in right now, load those images on the TV).
Actually can't right now as I'm not at home :D
My point was more like: "Sure, you can increase the scaling, but only so far before your layout doesn't work anymore".
So I think there will be some redesigns. Maybe PC players will benefit from them too.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This game is absolutely incredible. If they can pull of this console port and land this next expansion, what a masterpiece.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Kind off. It isn't based on Star wars IP but the mechanics are akin to Star wars republic move to empire.

The idea of the latest expansion is that you can either become a threat to the entire galaxy or try to make the galaxy work together to face a common foe. In the 2nd decision you can manipulate the galaxy into making you the emperor for their protection...

If you haven't played stellaris before the game is basically a roleplay of whatever your fav sci-fi empire is. From devouring swarms like tyranids to warhammer fanatical empire going though Borg, Ai empire,etc. I'll be blunt and say that currently stellaris can roleplay with almost every sci-fi IP that i know and the game will react accordingly ( although the AI is not good enough for late game).

Where the game "fails" is in Pacifism. Removing war from the mechanics makes expansion really hard which can be painful if you are unlucky and get very aggressive neighbors .Imagine being pacifist and your 3 neighbors are Tyranids, the Imperium of man and Borg.