• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn how did Bitcoin jump that much overnight?
25585.jpg

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
I remember reading from r/ArkEcosystem that in the future other cryptos could be seen as cars while Ark is all the roads they drive on. It's such a simple and elegant way to describe Ark's direction and re-affirmed my commitment to them.

Also the mobile wallet is at 98%! Delegate voting and deposits on the go!

Nov 13, 2017
Any thoughts on ICON (ICX)?

Related question: is HitBTC reputable?

It's quite hyped. One of the first Korean tokens, with lots of ties to established Korean companies. A new blockchain and not just another ETH token, can see it doing similarly to things like QTUM. Korea drives a lot of crypto volume so if it gets posted on Bithumb I can see it fly.

The tokens on Hitbtc however aren't the actual tokens but IOUs that will be turned into the real ones once ICON actually releases. The price of the IOUs can be very different than the real post-ICO price, so take that in mind.

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys. I dealt with Bitcoin a little before but I'm still a newbie to this hoping to get some insight in here.
I was looking into P2P lending websites but most don't accept countries outside of the US and Europe. Thought i'd check if there are some Bitcoin based ones that might be more lenient.
Stumbled across Bitbond and Bitpop. I need to borrow around 2.6 BTC without history and fast in order to pay for my cancer treatment and Bitpop seems to be based on reputation which might make things trickier.

So do any of you guys know of another website or platform where I might find help ? Have doxxing anf proof documents.
Is there another way to get a loan online with the possibility of paying interest monthly and paying the full amount in a year maybe ? Parents could help pay the monthly interest while waiting for some inheritance problems to be solved.

Thank you for your time.

Crazed

Oct 25, 2017
Xtrabytes finally unveiled their new forum, next testnet, micro road map, and a few other items. I know Noob was a fan of it on the other forum for a while before he abandoned it (though I think he bought some back) and Yankee is a part of the project. It's nice to see some movement though since it went through some pretty rough seas over the past month. Hoping this can finally be a breakout for it. /shill

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Damn IOTA is really moving right now. Should have jumped on that yesterday....

Im currently on lisk after having jumped on it early this morning after it started its rise. I don't normally chase candles, but the conference for the announcement of rebranding and devkit stuff is on the 22nd for crying out loud. That's another 8 days (at the time), so I threw 80% of my portfolio that was treading water in it, and now its up from $7.20 ish to about to break $9.00. It's really odd when you do something that's a clear cut bad trading habit (chase pumps in motion) but get rewarded so severely for it. Thats twice now I've done it. At least I barely gained anything with BCH because it dipped, but I've done extremely well here with Lisk.

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys. I dealt with Bitcoin a little before but I'm still a newbie to this hoping to get some insight in here.
I was looking into P2P lending websites but most don't accept countries outside of the US and Europe. Thought i'd check if there are some Bitcoin based ones that might be more lenient.
Stumbled across Bitbond and Bitpop. I need to borrow around 2.6 BTC without history and fast in order to pay for my cancer treatment and Bitpop seems to be based on reputation which might make things trickier.

So do any of you guys know of another website or platform where I might find help ? Have doxxing anf proof documents.
Is there another way to get a loan online with the possibility of paying interest monthly and paying the full amount in a year maybe ? Parents could help pay the monthly interest while waiting for some inheritance problems to be solved.

Thank you for your time.

I don't anything about P2P lending, have you exhausted normal banks in your country? They would more be able to verify any documents you have than a P2P site I would think.

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
I don't anything about P2P lending, have you exhausted normal banks in your country? They would more be able to verify any documents you have than a P2P site I would think.

Hey thank you for your reply.
Going to local banks is the logical thing to do, but before my diagnosis I worked as a freelance web developer. Banks here only give banks to the employed, you also need to have been employed for 3 months before having the right to demand a loan. Mother is unemployed as well, my father already did to pay for some other expenses (blood analysis, scanners, biopsy) and him being 65 yo, couldn't borrow more than around 3300 dollars. So yeah, this is kinda my last hope.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Never seen anything like LISK right now since BCH. Its eating through 32 BTC walls like termites or some shit. Shot up 2 bucks in the last hour, its insane.

It eats thorugh 32 BTC and begins a run and someone pops up with s 41 BTC wall, that gets evaporated and a 71 btc wall is up. I dont know.. These guys must have been holders of bags from WAY back.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, either bag holder or simply profit takers. Both legit reasons to sell i guess, but i wouldn't do that as there are still some days to go.
It already bursted 10$ today, so.. 15$ in reach.

notadino

Oct 27, 2017
Sure is nice to see ARK rising above 3 $, but I've noticed its BTC price has barely moved. Does it mean it is a 'fake' progress? Getting pricier becouse of BTC's rebound and not because people bought more?

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Is the Ark Windows client broken or something? Despite refreshing, it's stuck on the values of last weekend...

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure is nice to see ARK rising above 3 $, but I've noticed its BTC price has barely moved. Does it mean it is a 'fake' progress? Getting pricier becouse of BTC's rebound and not because people bought more?
People don't seem to understand this which is a simple supply demand scenario. I bought in at $3.65 a few days ago and the price has adjusted to $3.50 buy in; AFAIK, the correction is due to circulation of coins in the Ecosystem. I was freaked out by it at first and confused but it makes sense.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ark just needs to keep going up. All this good news it's time to establish a new floor.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
It's funny how after all the crazy shit that happened in the last 10 days - 2x happening, then not, then hostile BCH pump and selloff, etc. - my portfolio of half a dozen currencies is still at pretty much the exact same starting value (3% gained for now, which is basically noise at my level)
I'm not sure if that's a good thing or if I just spread it out so much that the gains are offset by the losses.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how after all the crazy shit that happened in the last 10 days - 2x happening, then not, then hostile BCH pump and selloff, etc. - my portfolio of half a dozen currencies is still at pretty much the exact same starting value (3% gained for now, which is basically noise at my level)
I'm not sure if that's a good thing or if I just spread it out so much that the gains are offset by the losses.
25585.jpg

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Xtrabytes finally unveiled their new forum, next testnet, micro road map, and a few other items. I know Noob was a fan of it on the other forum for a while before he abandoned it (though I think he bought some back) and Yankee is a part of the project. It's nice to see some movement though since it went through some pretty rough seas over the past month. Hoping this can finally be a breakout for it. /shill

Hey thanks for the kind words. It has been a rough couple of months and I can see why everyone was so frustrated with things being so quiet but I'm fairly confident the worst is behind us now. Lots of stuff coming in the very near future, kicking off with the testnet tomorrow to put the tech through it's paces. If anyone wants to get involved then head over to our new forum and let me know, could use all the help we can get with it as we want to really stress the network and see what it can do and flag up any bugs that need to be ironed out before launching the STATIC nodes and rolling out the first DAPPS on it

The new forum can be found here if anyone is interested in the project, lots of info to read and a few competitions/bounties going on too: https://community.xtrabytes.global/

/shamelessshill

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Great to see you guys have moved over aswell!

And yeah i'm happy that IOTA is gaining in value and i think i'm actually pretty close to being even now if i look at usd value. It's still way down in BTC value though.

Hope IOTA can keep this up as they supposedly have alot of big news coming up in december.

Cire

Nov 7, 2017
Hey thanks for the kind words. It has been a rough couple of months and I can see why everyone was so frustrated with things being so quiet but I'm fairly confident the worst is behind us now. Lots of stuff coming in the very near future, kicking off with the testnet tomorrow to put the tech through it's paces. If anyone wants to get involved then head over to our new forum and let me know, could use all the help we can get with it as we want to really stress the network and see what it can do and flag up any bugs that need to be ironed out before launching the STATIC nodes and rolling out the first DAPPS on it

The new forum can be found here if anyone is interested in the project, lots of info to read and a few competitions/bounties going on too: https://community.xtrabytes.global/

/shamelessshill

Best of luck to you guys! I invested a bit during the run up and have been holding since then. I believe in the project and can't wait to get more news in the future!

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
BAT price already went up 15% after this news hit 2 hours ago and already cooled down a bit. In the end, you still need Brave browser so this is not some "full Microsoft/Google partnership" news.

IOTA is more something to keep an eye on.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Brave is built on Chromium which since it's open, allows them to build out the BAT wallet to other browsers as extensions. The other big portion of it is also the "attention" piece of the Brave browser that will pay you BAT coin either for use of the browser and/or specific sites that sponsor BAT users.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my end of the year bonus, now the question is to do I just spend it all on ARK?

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the appeal of ARK myself, but it's main thing seems to be to act as an intermediary between different blockchains.

Crazed

Oct 25, 2017

/shamelessshill

My only worry is getting the exposure, so far every reddit post lately about it has been just 10 people posting and the thread dying out, so if it can get picked up, I can see big things. That's really my only concern since it seems the tech is solid, just the aggressive marketing needs to be there (and not payed articles like a few have been lately).

In terms of the testnet, I read the instructions but wasn't sure on the time of it (unless I missed it), is there a specific time that I need to be active? I have a few things going on so that's why I'm hesitant to commit.

notadino

Oct 27, 2017
Ark just had an awful dip and is 4000 SAT per unit lower then when I bought it, feels bad :(

I guess this week I've learned dollar price doesn't mean much...

Really quickly: What exactly is ARK?
It's been answered thoroughly in the last few pages, I'd link it for you if I wasn't on mobile.

vehn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just remember today's btc rise is because of new tether stuff being created. And if tether ever gets found out for fraud... could mean big trouble all around

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
BTC gonna break $8k?
Yup.

I have wanted to buy Bitcoin for years and was always a believer but I couldn't because I couldn't find an easy way to do it, and I didn't really have the income level to entertain investments.

Now I have some money and all of the will, and I've just spent hours online trying to find a trustworthy way to buy BTC from my country, but can't find any reputable exchanges that support buying bitcoin from my country. I would try LocalBitcoins.com but currently there aren't any offers/sellers there in my country (although there was a single seller there some days ago). I have said "my country" a lot. I am in Jordan.

I can't believe it's 2017 and I still can't find a way to buy Bitcoin :P

I'm posting a WTB in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

If anyone here has any suggestions for things to try please let me know.

Edit: a seller appeared on LocalBitcoins, his price is +13%... I guess it could be worse?

Last edited:

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those who don't understand:
what this means for everyone..... in a TL;DR / TL;DU - Basically buying BTC on Coinbase allows you to swap to LTC within Coinbase and not needing an exchange in order to sell/transfer BTC to get LTC
this also opens the door to other Crypto coins as well assuming you can swap BTC to all other alternative coins
without the need of Bittrex, Binance, Binfinex etc.

What will REALLY screw with your head is next year exchanges like Bittrex, Binance, Binfinex etc will be outdated since projects like District0X will introduce decentralized exchanges
where you could literally use any app or website that hooks into the Blockchain and performs atomic swaps for you to get other currencies without a middle man. We really are living in some crazy times.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Yup.

I have wanted to buy Bitcoin for years and was always a believer but I couldn't because I couldn't find an easy way to do it, and I didn't really have the income level to entertain investments.

Now I have some money and all of the will, and I've just spent hours online trying to find a trustworthy way to buy BTC from my country, but can't find any reputable exchanges that support buying bitcoin from my country. I would try LocalBitcoins.com but currently there aren't any offers/sellers there in my country (although there was a single seller there some days ago). I have said "my country" a lot. I am in Jordan.

I can't believe it's 2017 and I still can't find a way to buy Bitcoin :P

I'm posting a WTB in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

If anyone here has any suggestions for things to try please let me know.

Edit: a seller appeared on LocalBitcoins, his price is +13%... I guess it could be worse?
I'll hook you up for +10% fees if its just $300
You can break it up into 10 paypal gift transactions of $30USD to me and the equiv to you back and forth so if you fear scam you're not sending a stranger $300 all at once

Of course bitcoin confirmations are slow as hell now so you might be waiting hours before it goes thru for each deposit transaction, so if you break it up this is gonna be a few days minimum but its fine with me if its fine with you

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, tell me about BTC cold storage wallets. What's the best way to move my coin off the exchange and off the internet?

Oct 25, 2017
Neat, this is the first time I've accurately played the prediction game. Sold BTC when it was like 7200, bought in again at 6000, and now it's at a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.