• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
First thing i did in cryptoworld was buying 2 ETH at ATH (350€) in the summer... Was a good lesson for not buying after bull runs:) Sold them with 200€ loss. Didn't have the confidence for hodl.

I bought in around when BTC hit $5K this Summer. My initial but was LTC at around $80. By the time my money even made it to Coinbase the LTC price had been slashed, so I've been in the red my entire crypto career. I'm very close to getting out of the hole now and have learned some valuable lessons in doing so - like putting fiat into the USD wallet on Coinbase instead of directly buying a coin with a payment that won't clear for a week

x3sphere

Oct 27, 2017
Now it's 380 or bust. Falling below 350 would be bad. Probably there will be another attempt to get close to 380 first

Yeah, 350 will have to hold I think if we're going to go on towards a new ATH... if we go under with volume, I see it dropping back down to where this started (around 315-320).

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
I need a quick recommendation for a good wallet for Android or Windows... help a noob with FOMO out! lol

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Sunday evening and alt's are going down instead of up? Ahh, Lord BTC shows himself again...

The day it reaches 10k $, the mainstream media attention will be huge...

Last edited:

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
So did a couple dozen million tether materialized out of thin air again or what? That alone is the reason to check reddit/twitter daily. For bailing to fiat, the moment Tethergate blows up.

Phylyps

Oct 29, 2017
Amsterdam
If you are afraid that happens, buy alts with strong bitcoin then. Ark at 0.00039, OMG at 0.00097, WAVES at 0.00065, etc. If people believe in their alts this is a great time to buy them.

I'm kidding... sort of. I just bailed out of btc this evening, taking a profit, I'll get back in if it dips. I have a bit of ARK which I'll leave alone for a good long time I think. Looks like I received some extra for voting which is nice.

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
Received my BTC on Mycelium wallet... but it looks like my wallet (account?) address has changed after that, why did that happen? Is it going to change every time I receive btc? Gosh the learning curve on this stuff...

Last edited:

Sadsic

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I'm curious about investing a few hundred dollars into cryptocurrency - is there any sort of "beginner's guide" to all this stuff? Like where do I procure a "wallet"? How do I figure what to invest into? Is Etherium a safe choice to invest into?

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
There are no real "safe" choices. This Crypto Market is exremely volatile. Most safest would probably still be BTC. But not with the lucky shot chance of huge gains like some alt coins.

mol10x

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm curious about investing a few hundred dollars into cryptocurrency - is there any sort of "beginner's guide" to all this stuff? Like where do I procure a "wallet"? How do I figure what to invest into? Is Etherium a safe choice to invest into?

Welcome! It certainly is fun and exciting

I found these helpful:
https://dontpanicsell.com
https://mycrypto.guide/

For wallet overview. https://blockgeeks.com/guides/cryptocurrency-wallet-guide/

Important: Always do your own due dilligence! Only invest what you are ready to lose!

Crazed

Oct 25, 2017
POWR is pumping like crazy right now. Decided to sell mine and am going to wait for the very likely hard crash this week. Made a nice profit on it.

edit: I hope it crashes... /wipesawaysweat

Last edited:

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
POWR is pumping like crazy right now. Decided to sell mine and am going to wait for the very likely hard crash this week. Made a nice profit on it.

edit: I hope it crashes... /wipesawaysweat
It gained 10 cents in last 7 hours. Insane pump, this will surely end up with big correction, Is there a reason for such pump (probably group attempt from Aussie cryptomarket in progress )

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
There is a NEO/USD pair on Bitfinex so i doubt that this news makes any difference.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When it was initially listed at cmc powr was at 0.056271 (november 1st). It's at 0.65. lmao.

20 days. 20 fucking days.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Powr has the 8th highest 24 volume (160 mil $). Seeing the supply and that crazy rise, there has to be a correction coming soon (even with strong FOMO going around). Or not...

Last edited:

Crazed

Oct 25, 2017
It gained 10 cents in last 7 hours. Insane pump, this will surely end up with big correction, Is there a reason for such pump (probably group attempt from Aussie cryptomarket in progress )
Powr has the 8th highest 24 volume (160 mil $). Seeing the supply and that crazy rise, there has to be a correction coming soon (even with strong FOMO going around). Or not...

Yeah... woke up this morning and saw how far it climbed even more... There better be a correction... Imadeahugemistake.gif

Easy Rider

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah... woke up this morning and saw how far it climbed even more... There better be a correction... Imadeahugemistake.gif

Oh mistakes...
I bought some change yesterday and went up 40% overnight. The problem is I only got 0.002btc of POWR instead of the 0.02btc that I actually wanted... Damn, I made less than 10 eur... gotta lol

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's missing opportunities on crypto everyday lol. There will be a next powr. I read quite a few people hyping up the coin in the last week, but I didn't jump either.

Easy Rider

Nov 2, 2017
Altcoins = Penny Stocks from Wolf of Wall Street?

Altcoins are madness. There's always the promise of hitting big but at the end of the day the staggering majority of them have lost value compared to BTC in the last few months. I would say the bulk if not all your portfolio should be BTC, at least for a start. Jumping into whatever alt is hyped at a given point in time is extremely risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.