• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 13, 2017
Today's biggest news: (Coinbase and Einstein are the only two exchanges in the world to offer buying crypto with a credit/debit card!)

FLASH is now listed on Einstein Exchange paired with USD.

You can now purchase FLASH using a credit card or debit card worldwide!!

Thank you FLASHBOY for your efforts on this!

#GoFaster

https://einstein.exchange

This post is some Lyle Langley selling people on the monorail. Trying to draw a direct comparison to Coinbase and some exchange which doesn't even have any volume listed on coinmarketcap.com based on one commonality (which is inaccurate to boot) to sucker people into buying is very close to actively misleading people in my book.

There was 500 dollars of Flash volume in the past 24 hours. People buying large or really, any amounts will in all likelihood get trapped.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
s2q0xOx.png
Whoaaa, everyone chillout. Bear market got us at each other's throats.... the losses. They burn.

Captain Goodnight

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only one who seems to need to chill out here is Haz

OK, you caught me., I'm a grade-a shill and sucker!

Noone invest in shield. Shield is total shit and is going to zero fast. Haz the wise has spoken.

I'll go sit and wait for my foolish xsh coins to become worthless.

Meanwhile, please, listen to what Haz has said and buy Trac and ven hand over fist. Not shield. Whatever you do, not shield.

He said to do it, so it must be true.

Nov 13, 2017
s2q0xOx.png
Whoaaa, everyone chillout. Bear market got us at each other's throats.... the losses. They burn.

I've been telling people similar things during the bull market. Playing with Cryptopia stuff is playing Russian roulette in an already fickle market. People here got burned by the other exchange (coinsmarket?). People just stare at the price, but if there is no volume on something that went up 200% in a day, you likely won't be able to get out your hypothetical profits without tanking the price.

A lot of these smaller exchanges have either been hacked or vanished from the surface of the earth from one day to the next.

I am not immediately attributing malice to the shilling, I've also made a bad call earlier but do think there needs to be a counterbalance when people present things rosier than they are.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
But people getting into these coins on cryptopia have always the "Bittrex soon" carrot dangling in front although it's probably "Binance soon" now since Bittrex doesn really seem to care about adding anything anymore.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017

Noone invest in shield. Shield is total shit and is going to zero fast. Haz the wise has spoken.

Meanwhile, please, listen to what Haz has said and buy Trac and ven hand over fist. Not shield. Whatever you do, not shield.

That review you posted was trash some clueless people write for bounties though. You have yourself to blame for people suspecting you of shilling.

Nov 13, 2017
But people getting into these coins on cryptopia have always the "Bittrex soon" carrot dangling in front although it's probably "Binance soon" now since Bittrex doesn really seem to care about adding anything anymore.

Nowadays if something doesn't launch on at least a B-tier exchange, I'd write that project off.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
Ethereum and ripple still the only coins I think are worth while and have a decent chance at longevity success.

In terms of tokens I think Vechain and spectre are promising. I mean, spectre has a very good use case and has already delivered its dividends.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, for those who are curious about what Shieldcoin does, I did a deep dive on it and here's my summary of the coin.

Hello, Era. How are you doing today? You PM'd few weeks back, requesting information on penny coins that had huge upside potential with very little downside risk. Does that ring a bell? Something just came across my desk, Era. It is perhaps the best thing I've seen in the last six months. The name of the coin is Shieldcoin. It is a cutting edge high-tech firm out of the Midwest awaiting imminent patent approval on the next generation of fiat gateway technology. Right now, the coin trades at CryptoExchange.Geocities at $3 a share. My analysis indicate it could go a heck of a lot higher than that. Your profit on a mere $1,000 investment could be upwards of $300,000! Era, one thing I can promise you, even in this market, is that I never ask my clients to judge me on my winners. I ask them to judge me on my losers because I have so few. And in the case of Shieldcoin, based on every technical factor out there we are looking at a grand slam home run.

Final Grade - Don't buy Shieldcoin. There's more shit on it than the men's bathroom at E3 after lunch.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017

Hardly Difficult's hot take:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=237kfGgOLqs
tl;dr: coordinated attack consisting of
1. SYS coin vulnerability exploited to create supply out of thin air
2. phished whale accounts on binance (api keys) used to buy syscoin for an outrageous price
Although I still don't understand why coordination would make sense.
No wait it does, the 'fake' syscoin could still be sold at a higher than usual price due to that 96 BTC candle.

Meanwhile api keys were reset https://twitter.com/binance/status/1014334272373547008
And Binance is back up again:
https://www.binance.com/en/trade/SYS_BTC

Syscoin claims their blockchain is safe: https://twitter.com/syscoin/status/1014325534858338304
But is it really? Still no clarification on that suspect block:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/sys/bl...57bb04817282a1622ebeaa6ec4c70f5e590dcbdce.htm

Although you could probably send sys back and forth to accumulate that transaction amount in one block. But a greater amount than the overall supply?

Last edited:

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Market picking up, if we see breaches of 6800 and 7200 we can start feeling okay again. Steelers are getting used to being at mid 6k which is pretty nice. Well probably see a retrace back down to 6200, but it might be street some more gains.

Hey, I mean no ill will to you, but the fact you're taking someone calling your investment shaky personally is pretty bad.
Plus you know, refuted none of the criticism. LMAO

I'm like 20% VEN, 0% TRAC, but also know of the pitfalls of each and make no promises to blatant price speculation of 20-150x.

The harsh call-out with some humor was too really make sure, that yeah, don't buy shield. If you do, or anything else, have hard entry and exit points. Shield will go up if the market recovers and might get another pump, but so will everything else at some point. It's not exclusive. Widen your view and you'll do a lot better in this market. I threw out TRAC because it's similar marketcap to shield and something I would actually put money in since it does solve a problem, has a working product, doesn't conflict with other supply chain tokens, and has consistently met it's roadmap goals. It's still high R/R, but it's infinitely better odds than the reasons I refuted from that scam article about Shield. And I own 0 TRAC.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A lot of us in this thread are veterans - some would say victims but I disagree with this assessment, of the late 2017 hyperbull run when we were tricked into buying low grade shitcoins like ADC and Flash by overly enthusiastic - perhaps delusional shills. Maybe we're wrong and XSH is gonna 100x but it's more likely that you're wrong based on just how unrealistic it is to expect 150x gains.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you're shilling a shitcoin and unironically saying that it will have X50 or more gains then you shouldn't be putting money in the market

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Possible price progression for ETHUSD over the next few days 474 > 447 > 470 and then decision time, either breakout up strongly or dump.

Captain Goodnight

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The tips and warnings are appreciated, all, and no hard feelings, Haz! I do realize that XSH is a huge risk and probably not wise to invest a lot in for the long-term.

The only thing I can't shake about it is that coins like XVG and XRP were this under-valued and labelled by many as shit coins just a little over a year ago. XSH has a solid community and seems up and coming, so to me, seems worth the risk based on the reward prospects. From this price point, it's over 10x to its all-time high.

I don't mind the risk of what I put in going to zero, and personally don't think its out of the question for it to go to $1+ (30-40x gains). I don't have time to trade, so I've picked my horse at the track for the time being, and will see how it pays off (or whether it busts).

Any suggestions on the best coin to mine with an nvidia GPU rig? I was mining ETH for awhile, and switched to Monerov for the past few months (probably a huge waste of resources). Is there something better at this point?

Nov 13, 2017

Which is even more unrealistic. For one, as you pointed out Bittrex is no longer just listing stuff and secondly the fees for Binance listings are in the millions now. These type of projects can't afford that.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Possible price progression for ETHUSD over the next few days 474 > 447 > 470 and then decision time, either breakout up strongly or dump.

Auditing this call, it ended up playing out as 474 > 451 > 470. Decision time comes next. Could be today, or up to July 9 I think. I'm expecting shallower moves now until the big break one way or the other. I think down is more likely, but either way is possible. ETH breaking above 490 on high volume could be a buy for me if that happens, but the chances of wicking to 360-380 within the next couple of weeks are high, so I'm still out in fiat. If it dumps, I plan to DCA buy sub-400. Trade at your own risk.

Oct 27, 2017
Auditing this call, it ended up playing out as 474 > 451 > 470. Decision time comes next. Could be today, or up to July 9 I think. I'm expecting shallower moves now until the big break one way or the other. I think down is more likely, but either way is possible. ETH breaking above 490 on high volume could be a buy for me if that happens, but the chances of wicking to 360-380 within the next couple of weeks are high, so I'm still out in fiat. If it dumps, I plan to DCA buy sub-400. Trade at your own risk.

Thanks for sharing as always. When Eth dropped to 451 last night And bounced I almost bought as you predicted this move earlier - didn't want to hold while asleep though .

burnfout

Oct 27, 2017

You think we're good? Eth at 495.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for a more significant dump to scare people off again. Not sure if we'll see it as overall sentiment is rising.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
I do wonder when the market will recover again. Isn't it October time the positive sentiment returns?

burnfout

Oct 27, 2017
The latest rumor to start the bull run is news of a BTC ETF getting approved. Which is close apparently

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ETF thing is the signal that "institutional" money will be coming in the market but any smart investor knows, those who get in known are getting in now.

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
If we don't get a good volume increase in the next couple of days or a really good defense of 6630, I might start to swing bearish again.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Insitutional money is smart money. Them coming in will probably look like a bear market.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
VeChain mobile wallet is not bad. Let's see how the swap goes and how many people lose their node/all their VEN because they fuck up something.

This stuff at last year in july/august would have probably brought the price up 50% at least.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
You think we're good? Eth at 495.

It was looking good, but obviously not any more. There is very little positive left in the charts now. If ETH was going to go higher, that was the time. If ETHUSD can somehow break and hold above $450 again, then that would be something, but I think it's only a matter of time before it falls below $400 again.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Was pretty surprised that I just saw an ad for practical blockchain use in the home during ITV's coverage of the England vs Croatia match. Was for a coin backed by Hyundai called Hdac. Reading up on it doesn't sound promising but still odd seeing something like that in such a high profile (and expensive) advertising spot. They must be throwing that ICO cash round like crazy!

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Mex open orders are at 100k BTC, stupid high, lots of orders floating. Expecting a big move similar to 6700 to 6300 dip to happen within the week. Up or down, people are pretty split, although longers are also open to buying all the way down to 6100. Either way, it's going to be really violent.

People are throwing out belief in an incomplete inverse head and shoulders which is never good. Just settings stop limits on breakout and death for now.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol Man I'd feel so much better about being involved in this whole thing if I had a genuine modicum of ideas of which coins I should hold long term.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I've been hodling since I failed to get out when I was ahead in January and not really paying attention, and it's just been down down since. I'm down to like 40-50% my initial investment. Guess it's more hodling (and a few of my coins are probably dead so there might not be much coming back). But it wasn't a ton of money and it wasn't anything I wasn't prepared to totally lose so I guess we'll just see what happens.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Coinbase looking at adding some, all or none of the following: -
Cardano [ADA], Basic attention token [BAT], ZCash [ZEC], Stellar [XLM] and 0x [ZRX]

Oct 28, 2017
How the hell do you send alt-coins out of myetherwallet? No matter what gas price I use, it keeps telling me "insufficient funds for gas * price + value" or some other warning about gas.

People talk about the usefulness of Cryptocurrency but holy shit its obtuse to use.

Oct 28, 2017
No ETH, you seriously need ETH to send alt-coins out of your wallet? How much do you need? We're talking about like $1,000 in alt-coins.