• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheDoldrums

Nov 10, 2017
Why do so many people think it will be approved this time?

Bitcoin futures have launched across multiple exchanges without any big issuess. Crypto markets prices have moderated since the SEC pushed back in January. The SEC wants to regulate ICO's. When regulations take hold, crypto ETF products are a natural progression from that.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
VET trading has opened on Binance, currently sitting at 260 sats or $0.022

Waiting for volume to ramp up before trading. Got to say I love the simple BTC price after split.

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Why do so many people think it will be approved this time?
It won't. However, this submission (Van Eyck) is an improved ETF application since it address more concerns from what the government wants out of an ETF. It will get delayed for months, then commented on. However the other half-dozen applications from January are all getting delayed too saying they need more time. It'll be a slow process, right now its just bullish narrative so it's feeding into everyone.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If you want to generate VTHO right now and also avoid the risks of having coins on an exchange, then use the mobile wallet. Withdrawal fee is also not that high.

Binance distributes VTHO retroactively since 23rd of July though, so you're not losing VTHO by leaving it on the exchange. True though, withdrawal fee is 100 VET, so thats fine

vehn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Retroactively? That's nice of them. I don't really like the monthly "payout" though.

Btw, i really like the idea of Crypo e-gift cards from Coinbase. That's a nice present to give some friends of me that tipped their toe into crypto. It also probably helps with the adoption of crypto. And they are without fees. More here: https://blog.coinbase.com/announcin...our-coinbase-crypto-e-gift-cards-59687ff77c13

If you're in the US especially, you can use https://www.egifter.com

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
You maybe want to hold off withrawing your VET from Binance till beginning of August:
To celebrate the launch of the VeChain (VET) mainnet, the VET team has provided 100 million VTHO tokens to be airdropped to all Binance users holding VET.

The 100 million VTHO will be split between all users holding VET at 2018/08/01 00:00 AM (UTC). The amount of VTHO airdropped to each VET holder will correspond to their percentage holding of the total VET balance held by all Binance users at the time of the snapshot.

Note:
  • VET balances under 1 VET (including those in trade orders) will not be eligible for the airdrop.
  • Distribution of this airdrop will be completed prior to 2018/08/05.
  • This airdrop is independent of the normal monthly VTHO distribution.
https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009187992

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Just kinda stopped paying attention and didn't know that Delta stopped tracking VEN. Was wondering why I saw no change. Added VET and we are back in working order haha.

osodemolay

Oct 28, 2017
How do you add VET to Delta if my VEN was swapped? I bought VEN with different prices so I don't know how to transfer my transactions to VET.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ah crap, I slept a bit on the VEN/VET news. I have my VEN sitting on HitBTC unfortunately. What's the best course of action now? Transfer it to Binance or use the mobile wallet for the swap?

edit: Ah crap again, can't withdraw from HitBTC for 72 hours (pw change). I will miss the airdrop. Oh well, transfer fees would've probably eaten most profits anyway. I'm just going to store my VEN/VET safely in the wallet asap.

Last edited:

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stopped reading half way through since it became quite clear Sia was salty about someone other than their core group exploiting their Blockchain for mining rewards. I used to think that Blockchain tech without a crypto currency reward was a stupid idea, but this legacy system of having miners and or oracles in a centralized pool confirm transactions for a seemingly decentralized advertised product isn't worth it. Been heavily reading into DAGs, specifically IOTA and love what I've seen by far. Tangle isn't perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Since he stated that he's involved in the sia community / is a dev at the start of the article, a bias was expected. Just found the ASIC info interesting.
And well, bitmain fucked their obelisk business (and threatened their storage infrastructure) so i would be salty too.

Lol, got 1000 VET for free from their token lucky draw (if you have over 50k VET) Was wondering where that came from till i saw it on Twitter/reddit.
https://mobile.twitter.com/vechainofficial/status/1023238124791508992?s=21

You don't have to do anything for it.​

Last edited:

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I think that VET will do a big dump some time before the Binance airdrop tonight, so I'm going to sell about 3 hours before that and hope I can increase my stack.

TheDoldrums

Nov 10, 2017
Big happenings from a whale today. Okex's #1 holder of BTC long positions got liquidated. Margin call on a ~400M position. He closed half his long positions a few days ago for big profits, but he went for another round and got burned.

Socialized losses occur on Friday settlements. They'll have to attempt to fill an open loss of ~950 BTC. Everyone trading BTCUSD contracts on Okex will be hurt by this extreme example of rekt.

Last edited:

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
If you have your VEN on binance, it's automatic. Infos are here. https://support.binance.com/hc/en-u...n-Regarding-the-Upcoming-VEN-VET-Mainnet-Swap
After the 25th, you will just have your VET (your VEN x 100) ready for withdrawal/ trade.
If you have VEN in MEW or another non-exchange wallet, you have to do the swap with the just released vechain Android/ios wallet.

Donos what are your thoughts on this new VET coin? I went from owning 100 VENs to now owning 10000 VETs. Should I HODL these or is this token DOA in your opinion?

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Generally speaking it's the same (Vechain) coin with the same goals and roadmap. They just switched from the Ethereum blockchain (ERC20) to their own blockchain/mainnet. The x100 is to rebalance the economics.
So i don't get the DOA your question. People who had 10.000 VEN just have 1.000.000 VET but the partnerships and everything else around the coin (besides the blockchain itself) stays the same. The swap didn't change that.
Read more (DYOR) about the roadmap if you want to make a decision on buying/selling. I won't hype it up. Today is probably not the best moment to sell though.

For the next bigger bull run, whenever that might be, the psychology of getting a "cheap" coin compared to buying 0,5 DASH for already $100 plays in favor of VET. See TRX or XRP...: "ohh, it's in the TOP20 and still only a few cents per coin... when it reaches the price of BTC or ETH i'm going to be rich..."

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Binance airdrop seems to be done. I got 20 VTHO for my small holding of 2800 VET. It has no BTC/USD value at present. Will it at some point or is it entirely used for transactions? Now that I have this, will VET transfers still cost 100 VET on Binance and if so, what is the point of the VTHO? How do you "use" it?

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
VTHO is going to get pairs like GAS for NEO. It has already a trade pair on Lbank. The 100 VET is for transfer/withrawal from Binance and not an universal fee. Compared to some rather ridiculous fees they had for other coins, this is still not bad. VTHO is so you don't have extra costs for your transactions (since you generate VTHO).
I should better stop answering since i probably look like a Vechain shill already (thought i was an ARK shill?)

Gf just asked "how are my coins doing" since she only rarely looks into her Delta app, which i have set up for her... I just answered "don't look" and she rolled her eyes :). In my defense, i said she should cash out half of it when she was +400% in december 2017. But she got greedy :P

Last edited:

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I think USD$335-365 (GDAX) has a strong likelihood of being the bottom for ETH. I am planning on doing some DCA buys down there. However, if that gets broken through, I have $278 as the next support. If I am somehow still in fiat there, I will likely be going all-in at 278.

The risk of buying in the 300's is lower than the 400's, but there could still be more downside. Trade at your own risk.

My comment here from June 22 looking like it could happen any day now. ETH looking extremely weak now. I am presently not holding any. I have my buy orders placed just above various key levels, with the goal to sell any bounce. Getting out of these markets for a month or more to wait for further collapse might be the best approach. Trade at your own risk.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Weeeeeee...
People who got into altcoins at ATH in jan 2018 have now around 10% of value compared to back then ...

There are surfacing new meltdowns on the crypto Subreddits are now.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Weeeeeee...
People who got into altcoins at ATH in jan 2018 have now around 10% of value compared to back then ...

There are surfacing new meltdowns on the crypto Subreddits are now.

HODL mentality does that, personally I believe that VET will rise, but I've been trading these dips to increase my stacks and haven't lost much value even though I started buying when it was $5.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
In celebration of that almost 30% VET drop it's time to get out that good ol Bingo sheet:
WY4fbGm.jpg

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Big happenings from a whale today. Okex's #1 holder of BTC long positions got liquidated. Margin call on a ~400M position. He closed half his long positions a few days ago for big profits, but he went for another round and got burned.

Socialized losses occur on Friday settlements. They'll have to attempt to fill an open loss of ~950 BTC. Everyone trading BTCUSD contracts on Okex will be hurt by this extreme example of rekt.
Statement from OKex on the incident: https://support.okex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011941512 (via reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/947kvi/okexs_official_statement_on_the_liquidation/)
First verdicts on the statement don't look to hot ....

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, like I've said for a while, alt coins right now are where Bitcoin was in 2009. You'll look back in a year or two and laugh at how low these price valuations were.