• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
From inception till 2018 ANY news/fud good or bad would have a HUGE effect on price. The smallest tweet/media good or bad BTC would jump/dump 20% an Alt 40% easy..... 2018 NOTHING...good or bad. ETF Denied drop 5% maybe. Add to Coinbase/Binance 20% pump 10% dump. Bakkt?who gives a shit. Goldmanns? dont care. Elon Musk tweet! Imagine that happened lastyear or earlier. ELON FUCKING MUSK TWEETED ABOUT BTC!!! nothing. Now should a single tweet or fortune 500 company signing a MUA drive crazy price action? Probably not but just such a huge departure from <2018.

Maybe its a sign of a market maturing? or a sign of total apathy?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Stablecoin on coinbase (Ethereum based)
https://blog.coinbase.com/coinbase-...e-launch-of-usdc-a-digital-dollar-2cd6548d237

The longer it takes for tether to go up in flames, the more alternatives will arise.

Why a stablecoin when you can trade to Fiat anyway?

I just dont see what use it will be to anyone except developers for the most part when fiat is there. Now if it finds its way to binance and the others? Then that might make it my preferred stablecoin. But as long as its hard linked to KYC I can't see a benefit vs just using USD.

From inception till 2018 ANY news/fud good or bad would have a HUGE effect on price. The smallest tweet/media good or bad BTC would jump/dump 20% an Alt 40% easy..... 2018 NOTHING...good or bad. ETF Denied drop 5% maybe. Add to Coinbase/Binance 20% pump 10% dump. Bakkt?who gives a shit. Goldmanns? dont care. Elon Musk tweet! Imagine that happened lastyear or earlier. ELON FUCKING MUSK TWEETED ABOUT BTC!!! nothing. Now should a single tweet or fortune 500 company signing a MUA drive crazy price action? Probably not but just such a huge departure from <2018.

Maybe its a sign of a market maturing? or a sign of total apathy?

I think its possibly maturity or maybe both. Ill miss the insane volatility though. That was a LOT of fun, and headaches.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
'Stablecoin', lol.

Has anyone started 'NotaScamCoin' yet?

This thread is still full of people pushing their own pet crypto in the hope it gets a bump.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Spuck- I think your ("warning") message came clear in your last 10 or so posts. Crypto is a scam. Why do you bother to post at all now?

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
No, there was one on gaf but it only had a couple dozen posts. GPU mining nowadays is really only worth either with ASICS or farms or if you are a student with included electrical bill and want to mine only new/obscure coins with the hope of moon way later. Someone here had some tips for that. Coins like PIRL.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017

Given the market caps and daily transaction volumes we are seeing in crypto, and also given that most of that volume is on Tether, it troubles me that there are only 3 billion USDT in existence, and 500 mil of that was just revoked. I just want to reiterate my point that I believe there is A LOT less money presently circulating in the crypto markets than people think there is.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Blockfolio 2.0 out now (multiple portfolios and other sruff). Still somehow prefer it over Delta. Signal is also nice

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coinbase cuts were on-shore(remote) and off-shore support which makes sense since they're bringing everything in house.

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
kMQRBKk.jpg

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Oyster (PRL) fuckery is happening right now (Spuck- is going to get a hard on on this ;). Smart contract possibly breached. Price is doing bungee without rope already (-60%).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Oyster/comments/9sg0pz/do_not_buy_prl/
From telegram:

We can confirm someone has taken control of the Smart Contract. Do NOT BUY ANYTHING. We are waiting for more information and also trying out best to close KuCoin's trading right now!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Oyster/comments/9sg8pt/prl_creator_wallet_called_the_transferdirector/
PRL creator wallet called the transferDirector function 6 hours ago, giving himself admin rights (doable only with the contract creator's private key)

New «owner» opened ICO sale function on the contract.

Sent ETH to contract and got PRL tokens at ICO price

Sent them to Kucoin and crashed the price.

Printed around 4 million $PRL

Proof: https://etherscan.io/address/0x0001ee57bb28415742248d946d35c7f87cfd5a54

SHL contract not was not affected.

whoopsie.gif

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
What's the implication of this? How much is this Bruno likely to have made off with and how much money was in this coin before today? Have these sort of things happened with other coins in the past and if so, was the culprit ever caught?

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the implication of this? How much is this Bruno likely to have made off with and how much money was in this coin before today? Have these sort of things happened with other coins in the past and if so, was the culprit ever caught?

The implication is the coin is dead and the anonymous head of the coin is now 160K richer.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

In order:

-The money is all gone.

-All of it

-Unsure

-Nope, unless you count Karpeles(sp?)

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that's harsh.

I don't want to be a dick, but why would you buy Oyster when the CEO is anonymous? That's a huuuuge red flag.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching GVT's launch has been interesting. Once the trading module is released tomorrow expect a big bump in price.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Oyster update: https://medium.com/oysterprotocol/oyster-update-10-31-c384696495d6

From the telegram chat logs that Bruno guy sounds like he has some problems in life (mentions debt a couple of times) and some grudge against capitalism.
Still could be a farce from the "team" (many reddit posters find it fishy while others say that Bruno guy was always that unhinged) but it's not getting boring.

I for myself would not go into IM conversation while on the "run".

Last edited:

Epilogue

Alt account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I guess we're not going anywhere for a while huh?

Still miss the days of lambos and moons. Still a little bitter that I got my check in January and not November of last year. That would have been a nice chunk of change if I invested then.

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Coinbase coins to be added looking good again.

XLM BAT ZEC ADA

XRP leading the charge and BCH too

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Always liked BAT, one of the only tokens with somewhat of a use case, never bought it though. Guess that might have been a mistake.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Thread really is dead now, huh?

Anyone who's still around following the current BCash disaster regarding the upcoming fork? Pretty hilarious to watch from the sidelines, guess traders have made up their mind about BCash -- zoom out!

Bitfinex, meanwhile, is now charging a 3% fee for bank withdrawals and people are mad (which is a bit surprising in itself; didn't think there were actually more than a handful of people who could withdraw from Bitfinex to begin with), premium back at ~$100. Good times!

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Thread really is dead now, huh?

Anyone who's still around following the current BCash disaster regarding the upcoming fork? Pretty hilarious to watch from the sidelines, guess traders have made up their mind about BCash -- zoom out!

Bitfinex, meanwhile, is now charging a 3% fee for bank withdrawals and people are mad (which is a bit surprising in itself; didn't think there were actually more than a handful of people who could withdraw from Bitfinex to begin with), premium back at ~$100. Good times!

Yeah I've been vaguely following the BCH stuff because I find Ver and his ilk funny. They have a super bitter subreddit that just oozes hatred for the rest of crypto. And now this mess. It's pretty funny. This has been a great time to survey the different projects and see which ones stay active, stay working, stay planning and get to items on their roadmap, finish them and continue.

Many of the projects have stalled and sort of slowed to a crawl while few persist on. Easier than ever to take a look at things and be able to determine who will be around a year from now and who won't.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
Right guys, need some help from you all, if you can.

I'd like to know of your favourite YouTube Crypto Channels. Doesn't matter how big or small they are.

Thank you very much in advance

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've been vaguely following the BCH stuff because I find Ver and his ilk funny. They have a super bitter subreddit that just oozes hatred for the rest of crypto. And now this mess. It's pretty funny. This has been a great time to survey the different projects and see which ones stay active, stay working, stay planning and get to items on their roadmap, finish them and continue.

Yeah /btc sounds a lot like /t_d at times and BCash continues to entertain, everyone apparently:

Don't know if the translation in the second tweet is correct / real but would be hilarious if Bitmain crashed BTC, thus showing how "decentralized" BTC really is.

And, yeah, this year has been pretty eye-opening in regards to which projects are legit and which are not.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
BAT listing on coinbase (pro) did only a little splash on the price and now went down with the rest of the market. Don't know why people still beg for XRP on coinbase and hope that this would ignite moon. Could be worth for BAT in a big bullrun with new investors entering the market but nowadays Dropbox could announce that they incorporate Siacoin and it would maybe get only some +15% in price.

Last year now was the time the first signs of the crazy moon run appeared. NEO jumped 10-15 $ in 2 days and everything was already hype even before the real boosters got off. Good times.

But hey! Don't be afraid, crypto savior Bakkt is coming soon... right guys? Guys?

Edit: weeeee down we goooo.

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, we finally hit 5700. I pegged that as my buy threshold back in January.

I think it's going to hit rock bottom in the 3000s, but all of the political bullshit behind the scenes needs to end before we see a recovery. It's a shame that decentralized currency is centralized behind exchanges and crazy narcissists.