• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, long time since I've even checked in on CryptoERA. I sold a little over half of my overall investment in May and at that time was up some on that sale, the remaining half I am obviously very down on and I haven't touched since besides looking at Delta's daily updates and making sure to take advantage of some airdrops.

Combining what I have sold and what I am still holding I'm down around 12% without taking taxes into account. I'm trying to prepare myself for the end of the year and get all of my taxes in order, I remember I signed up for some Crypto tax program that I paid for back in January, but I can't remember the name. If someone could jog my memory that would be a big help. Have there been changes in tax standards for Crypto at all? How are you guys approaching taxes?

I'm also just debating selling off the rest at this point (It is almost all ETH, POE, and VET), not sure if I should just hold on at this point or if there is any bright future. I think the concepts behind Crypto remain a bit too abstract for the general public and when the shine of mooning wore off a lot of interest left the more casual investor (including me).

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
McAfee is a complete clown and troll and i would just ignore him no matter if it's positiv or negative to anything regarding crypto.

Burnburn

Oct 26, 2017
I want to exchange my btc that I've had in a wallet for a while now into Tron using Binance. So I've got my wallet's public and private key and the deposit adress on Binance... I just don't know how to send it from my wallet to Binance. On Binance it just says "send it to this adress" but I have no idea how to send. Google hasn't been very helpful either and is more just one crypto advertisement circus instead of actually helpful.

(My BTC is in a "single wallet" I generated from bitaddress.org)

Maybe I'm just dumb lol, but I have no idea how to do this. (Hopefully it's a simple process to do without yet another 3rd party thingy I have to use to transfer the money)

Last edited:

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
For those not aware, I want to make sure everyone sees this: https://mkr.tools/system/liquidations

In oversimplified terms (if any of this is not quite right, please correct me), Maker is an organization that allows for anyone to borrow DAI (an algorithm-controlled stable crypto currency) by putting up ETH as collateral. Each borrowing contract is called a CDP. Each CDP has a liquidation price determined by how much is borrowed and how much collateral is put down. As the price of ETH falls, each CDP-holder must either put up more collateral or pay off some of their CDP, otherwise their CDP will be liquidated, and the ETH collateral will be market sold.

There is currently a huge glut of CDPs with liquidation prices just below $70. If nothing changes with those CDPs, there could be a situation where most outstanding CDPs get liquidated. The amount of ETH that would be liquidated presently greatly exceeds the buy orders for ETH in the visible portion of Coinbase's books. The buy side on Coinbase is presently visible down to $26.

Maybe the holders of these CDPs move their liquidation prices, and maybe ETH doesn't fall below $70, but if you suddenly see ETH spike to $1, this would be a contributing factor. All those contracts waiting to be liquidated might also be too tempting for those steering this market, so be very careful. I continue to not hold any crypto. Trade at your own risk.
Thanks for the heads up.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
With BTC and ETH charts looking as they do, going parabolic down on longer timeframes (a parabolic retreat?), a reasonable argument could be made for BTC to retest or slightly exceed the top of the previous bull market cycle, just below USD$1200. There are of course other levels where a good narrative could be written, such as at around USD$2800, but given the meteoric rise last year, especially with ETH, coupled with CDPs providing selling liquidity, $1200 (within the $1100-$1300 range) makes sense to me.

In this scenario, an ETHBTC ratio of 0.02 to 0.025 with BTC at $1200, puts ETH at the $24-30 range.

An alternative to this scenario is BTC and ETH establishing a trading range over a 6+ month period here, or possibly in the $40-60 ETH range.

The crypto market is at the mercy of whoever is pulling the strings. So be careful and trade at your own risk. Probably best to just avoid crypto until it turns around.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Bakkt hype:

Also overview for 83 coins/tokens ATH to lowest price in 2018. ~ -95% all around.

Last edited:

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
Top 25 cryptocurrencies 5 years ago:

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Peercoin
Namecoin
Megacoin
Feathercoin
WorldCoin
Primecoin
Novacoin
Freicoin
BBQCoin
Zetacoin
Infinitecoin
Terracoin
CryotigenicBullion
Anoncoin
Devcoin
Yacoin
Digitalcoin
GoldCoin
Tickets
StableCoin
Copperlark
Ixcoin
Fastcoin

How many of them do you recognize? In another 5 years your favorite altcoins will be forgotten and Bitcoin will still be on top.

x3sphere

Oct 27, 2017

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Peercoin
Namecoin
Megacoin
Feathercoin
WorldCoin
Primecoin
Novacoin
Freicoin
BBQCoin
Zetacoin
Infinitecoin
Terracoin
CryotigenicBullion
Anoncoin
Devcoin
Yacoin
Digitalcoin
GoldCoin
Tickets
StableCoin
Copperlark
Ixcoin
Fastcoin

How many of them do you recognize? In another 5 years your favorite altcoins will be forgotten and Bitcoin will still be on top.

While that's true about the top 25 being completely different apart from a few, you seem to be overlooking the fact that Bitcoin's total share of the market has been in consistent decline since 2013, which was prior to this bubble even. If this trend continues, and it doesn't show any signs of being over, then Bitcoin will eventually be topped by something else.

I still view BTC as one of the safer bets in crypto even if it doesn't stay #1 though. I don't think it will fall out of the top 10 at least, even if another project gets ahead of it. If BTC dominance can get back to 70%+ I might feel differently, until then it's still trending downward.

Last edited:

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Peercoin
Namecoin
Megacoin
Feathercoin
WorldCoin
Primecoin
Novacoin
Freicoin
BBQCoin
Zetacoin
Infinitecoin
Terracoin
CryotigenicBullion
Anoncoin
Devcoin
Yacoin
Digitalcoin
GoldCoin
Tickets
StableCoin
Copperlark
Ixcoin
Fastcoin

King of the beanie babies is still a beanie baby.

Any actual blockchain technology won't be built from bitcoin, it's insanely slow and energy inefficient.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
Why is tether showing those bank statements to Bloomberg but not releasing them publicly? LOL the whole thing is so obviously a scam.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
And like that, a whole bear year is almost over (not that the bear market is over). After crazy 2017 this was an interesting change.
Completely crazy for me is that ICOs still keep gathering millions every month. Not only one or two but a lot of them. It's like GTAV: who is still buying? :)

Revisited some former hype projects on reddit and lol, Xtrabites is still posting updates about incoming (just around the corner) patents and Filecoin is still in embryo phase... specially Filecoin had one of the biggest ICOs ever and can't show shit so far.

Last edited:

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XBY is my top contender for memecoin of the decade. They even got made fun for trying to peddle XFUEL on the WAVES platform and were going to reward people for FUDDING both XBY and XFUEL (ironically) in XFUEL coins. Truly, the turd that won't flush.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a new challenger to Coinbase has arrived (US Only for now). Voyager - Comes to us from the brainchild of the former Uber CTO. Looks like they're going to try and take on both consumer and custodial services in the US. Can't really say if they're going to knock Coinbase or Gemini off the throne but I guess we'll find out.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely... my guess is in before Christmas Day and out before new years and you'll see some returns.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I like to peek in on the XBY subreddit from time to time. Amazing how far they can stretch that "patent inc" shit. Some folks still hanging on to it.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1545612446062.png

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
XRP is going to get base pairs on Binance. Probably good news for XRP holders (don't have any but couple of friends have) . Recent bashing from NANO instantly silenced.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's always cute to see bag holders fight to the death against each other and shill their coins after 50% pumps inside of a 96% loss of overall value

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I get the point of the XRP base pairs. Only fiat ramp for Ripple is Bitstamp, I think, meaning BTC or ETH will still be involved for most people, so... what's the point? Announcing XRP/TRX as first pairing isn't the best look either but oh well. Other than that, Binance has done a great job this year — even though I'm still waiting for that EUR on-ramp they promised back in spring.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure I get the point of the XRP base pairs. Only fiat ramp for Ripple is Bitstamp, I think, meaning BTC or ETH will still be involved for most people, so... what's the point? Announcing XRP/TRX as first pairing isn't the best look either but oh well. Other than that, Binance has done a great job this year — even though I'm still waiting for that EUR on-ramp they promised back in spring.

It's simple, pumping bags to get people to FOMO in, then pulling the rug... again

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Binance is leading the charge on moving away from BTC/ETH/LTC base pairings by just using the "ALT" phrase for alternative base pairings. For us in the Crypto world I think it makes sense but it seems like it's a same old story of trading different pogs for "other" pogs.