Cryptocurrency |OT2| Money's New ERA Shoots for the Moon! | Read OP for Thread Rules

Oct 26, 2017
I should have been more specific, in regards to software, reliability, testing, setting up servers as well as customers. It has taken dozens of engineers and a long time to get Xrapid/Current/Tide in the state that it is working. JP Morgan better have something amazing to compete, but then again he may only be helping himself.
Ripple has no or very few clients. JP Morgan has millions. That is a massive advantage for JP Morgan.

Dec 10, 2018
Ripple has no or very few clients. JP Morgan has millions. That is a massive advantage for JP Morgan.
Millions of clients? Ripple has 200+ banks and 1400+ financial institutions with hundreds of millions of customers. You fail to understand Ripple has had time to perfect their system while JPM is only just starting. JPM once said cryptocurrencies were a Ponzi scheme, so he has no idea. He is going to drive millions of transactions on new untested software?

If banks of different digital asset groups want to settle trades with one another, they’ll have to make markets between their unique digital assets or trade between their digital assets and a common fiat currency. It will be a complete mess.

Nov 7, 2017
Millions of clients? Ripple has 200+ banks and 1400+ financial institutions with hundreds of millions of customers. You fail to understand Ripple has had time to perfect their system while JPM is only just starting. JPM once said cryptocurrencies were a Ponzi scheme, so he has no idea. He is going to drive millions of transactions on new untested software?

If banks of different digital asset groups want to settle trades with one another, they’ll have to make markets between their unique digital assets or trade between their digital assets and a common fiat currency. It will be a complete mess.
You would have to be mad to think that ripple is in any way even remotely comparable to anything JP Morgan has the resources to do.

Dec 10, 2018
JP Morgan literally said that cryptocurrencies were a Ponzi scheme one second, viable the next. What kind of market will he make with banks having to have multiple different coins and access points to trade. If he is trading within his own system, it is trivial. He doesn't have the know how, he doesn't have the experience. Is he just going to dump millions of people onto an unproven untested system?

Oct 27, 2017
JP Morgan literally said that cryptocurrencies were a Ponzi scheme one second, viable the next. What kind of market will he make with banks having to have multiple different coins and access points to trade. If he is trading within his own system, it is trivial. He doesn't have the know how, he doesn't have the experience. Is he just going to dump millions of people onto an unproven untested system?
Companies will be more than happy to test the software of a company like JP vs. some crypto startup. JP has unlimited resources and they can pretty much buy whatever skills/people they want.

We should embrace the competition tbh. This'll push crypto forward in the long run.

Oct 26, 2017
Since Substratum (SUB) got featured in some posts back then on GAF and here:
Binance is delisting it.
https://support.binance.com/hc/en-u...ance-Will-Delist-CLOAK-MOD-SALT-SUB-and-WINGS

Getting delisted from one of the most popular exchanges is probably not very moon inducing for any coin. Price is already falling down the cliff. Bittrex soon?

Man, I made decent money riding that coin from 12 cents up to over a dollar back in the day. Forgot all about it. I remember that I invested in it purely on the hype it was getting even though I absolutely did not believe in its goal. They were trying to do some kind of alternate internet that would use blockchain somehow and bypass internet filters in countries like China by simply using a specific client/browser.

I thought it was nonsense and still invested and made like an 8x return on it. lol2017...

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I made decent money riding that coin from 12 cents up to over a dollar back in the day. Forgot all about it. I remember that I invested in it purely on the hype it was getting even though I absolutely did not believe in its goal. They were trying to do some kind of alternate internet that would use blockchain somehow and bypass internet filters in countries like China by simply using a specific client/browser.

I thought it was nonsense and still invested and made like an 8x return on it. lol2017...
This sounds like me and XBY. It's still higher than I bought in at.

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
The market is right now in a position where I've started to buy again, with VeChain (VET) still my #1 pick after recent developments.

- Even in extended bear market the company has funds to continue operating, secured by outside capital (DNV GL, PwC, Jim Breyer, Tim Draper, etc.)
- MyStory dApp gaining success and exposure, featured also in Italy's most watched TV channel, DNV GL moving ahead expanding MyStory to other products
- Safe Haven (SHA token, running in VeChainThor network) has made some good strides securing partnerships with exchanges
- BMW's blockchain project moving ahead and is out of PoC phase, VeChain was picked out of 50 competing blockchain projects after evaluation
- Amazon issued a press release about them inviting VeChain to AWS partner program, gives great exposure and confidence among enterprise clients

It's not looking like the train is slowing down any time soon.

Last edited: