• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
That would have been Cryptopia. That was shitcoin heaven.
Now your best bet is probably Binance and maybe Bittrex but I don't know if Bittrex started excepting more altcoins again.

I'll check out Bittrex, cheers man.

Binance is rough as hell to use, randomly changes to mandarin language all the time and glitches out and stuff

Donos

Nov 15, 2017

Whoops. Hope nobody here got into CLAM.

Bittrex delisting shitcoins again (and thus probably tanking them)
Some familiar names from my early altcoin days (DNT, MOBI, STORJ...)

Coins affected:

* ADT

* AMP

* BAY

* BCPT

* BLOCK

* BOXX

* CMCT

* DNT

* DTA

* ENG

* FCT

* FLDC

* GO

* GTO

* HYDRO

* IHT

* ION

* LBA

* MFT

* MOBI

* NLC2

* NMR

* PRO

* PTOY

* QRL

* QTUM

* RFR

* STORJ

* STORM

* SWT

* XEL

* XNK

*edit to put coins in alphabetical order

Last edited:

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Uhh, what's this about Binance geo-blocking US users?
They're opening a US based Binance to comply with local laws.
Major crypto exchange Binance announced today, June 14, that it has updated its terms of use, which notably includes a restriction of services to United States-based individual and corporate traders. The restriction follows yesterday's news that the company is launching a separate, fully regulated fiat-to-crypto platform for the U.S. market.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Facebook's Libra making some waves. Integration into WhatsApp could be huge (outside of the USA). At least more mainstream media is now reporting more about Crypto again (luring in the saving of some Grandma's).

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
10k incoming!

Dumped my Stellar bag for BTC. Jesse Lund out at IBM. He was always pro XLM now not sure about the XLM and IBM partnership going forward.

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Cant really see us sitting at 10000 for long the good press and buzz will take us to 12k pretty quick then we find resistance.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
What's people's opinions on Libra?

On the one hand, 2 billion Facebook members and Whatsapp integration should make it a day one investment - the potential for growth is unmatched.

But on the other hand it's not a real cryptocurrency and I'm not 100% what that means and how things will differ.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Many ask the question why Libra should be called Crypto at all. In the end, people are thirsty for the potential like the What'sApp integration (paying with Im? wechat is still so far ahead in regards to features, like payong/sending money).

Then again, FB is over it's prime, isn't it? At least in regards to their social network platform.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Many ask the question why Libra should be called Crypto at all. In the end, people are thirsty for the potential like the What'sApp integration (paying with Im? wechat is still so far ahead in regards to features, like payong/sending money).

Then again, FB is over it's prime, isn't it? At least in regards to their social network platform.

I would say Facebook the platform in itself is over it's prime, but when you factor in that they also own Instagram and Whatsapp, not so much - the combined reach of those platforms is insane.

I guess what I'm really asking is do you believe Libra has potential as an investment?

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
Libra, from Facebook's perspective, is a very smart move. Financial data is highly personal and sensitive, if companies tap into that and use it to extradite more money from consumers.. I think that's bad news. But great news for companies like Facebook of course.

From a consumers perspective Libra is handy, because you can use it to transfer money worldwide on the FB network etc. But from ethical viewpoint it's a highly questionable. A company that has seldom respected the privacy of billions of people is now trying to monopolise financial data on their network, on a global scale. I think it's dangerous and will make Facebook way, way, way too powerful. But the power of big tech is a different discussion, not one for this thread.

For crypto I think Libra is great news. Libra introduces cryptocurrency and blockchain to billions of people. Naysayers who think that blockchain has no added value will come around and Libra might be the first thing they use. Or they think "hey if Facebook does it, it might actually work!" Maybe a portion of this audience will end up buying bitcoin and other cryptos.

jahepi

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
Even though i don´t like most of the things about Libra, the good thing is that its going to speed up the adoption and the regulation part.
Libra is just like Tether (Stable coin), it is backed by a basket of some currencies, the user is not going to know that Libra is used when a transaction is made through Whatsapp for instance, something like a bridge currency.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Don't know how much potential Libra has as investment. WhatsApp is the thing which makes me think that it going to be something because really almost everyone in germany and most parts of europe has it installed on it's phone and use it daily. So it got adoption down. Most people (not interested in crypto) have heard about "Bitcoin" nowadays but Ethereum, Ripple or Litecoin? Probably not. Libra is going to be the next one the mainstream is going to know and that is really a feat.

At least some XRP holders seem worried :)

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Congrats to the HOLDLers 10000!!

Take a second to enjoy this. 18 long, rough months of Crypto winter. Now the sun shines back on us.

"Some said this day would never come(again) What are they to say now?"

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
I got 2 texts this morning from people I haven't heard from in months. One asking how to link Coinbase with their bank account and the other asking what's a good exchange to buy crypto from.

The $10k FOMO is real
Lol. If there is really a longer run coming up, I'm going to get exactly these and other questions frequently since I'm the "bitcoin guy" in friends and work circle... Add that to the "good with PC guy"

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Lol. If there is really a longer run coming up, I'm going to get exactly these and other questions frequently since I'm the "bitcoin guy" in friends and work circle... Add that to the "good with PC guy"

Well I think it's safe to say it's going to go at least a bit higher, Tether hasn't been printing $100M's of USDT to not make a shit load of cash off this run. I thought we might get near $12k before a little retrace and next leg up.

Annoying thing I was telling people to get in at $4k but they wouldn't listen as Bitcoin was dead, oh well I tried to help them lol

blazinglazers

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Me too, but I learned my lesson from last round and am avoiding FOMO at all costs. Got a pretty good bag here that's going up, so I'm holding onto that.
Same.

I FOMO'd into crypto last time BTC was around $10k and rising, and it took some patience and prudence to offset the losses on those longs with buys at much better positions, many months later.

I won't be buying more BTC till the Tether stuff resolves and we crash back down to ~ $2.5k/$3.5k.

OR if the rampant market manipulation rockets us far past the previous ATH @ $20k, and then the new bubble bursts and we clearly re-enter another bear market. I'd buy there too.

Props to the day traders, TA wizards & degens out here gambling on the daily 🙌

Crypto certainly is entertaining.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019
Calling the shot:

A) Bounces between 11k-10k for a few days
B) Falls down to 7-8k.
C) Drifts slowly up in a fairly mundane way from then on.

BTC is being helped by two factors: 1) trade war and general international uncertainty, and 2) alt coin blacklisting in the US. Even though this seems to be a news-driven pump (since May), the volume has been strong enough to suggest it's never going back to the 3-4k range, barring the combination of an amazing resurgence in international/economic certainty (very possible) and bad news specifically targeting BTC/crypto (also very possible).

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
A) It keeps pumping I keep HOLDing. OK Im 60% BTC
B) BTC goes flat. Alts pump. OK Ill DCA small BTC
C) We take a dump. OK Ill DCA Med BTC

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I know this kind of a question this thread may get a lot but I'm kind of interested in investing into crypto again.

Which ones should I look for now? Which ones have the most potential and/or just more worthwhile to invest in at this time?

(Don't even know if this type of question is allowed or not, please let me know.)

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
I know this kind of a question this thread may get a lot but I'm kind of interested in investing into crypto again.

Which ones should I look for now? Which ones have the most potential and/or just more worthwhile to invest in at this time?

(Don't even know if this type of question is allowed or not, please let me know.)
If you ask me, Bitcoin only. Others will have different answers.

I wouldn't buy at these prices ($10K+) right now personally, I'd wait for the inevitable 25%+ pullback... But seeing how you only became interested when the price is shooting up, chances are you will become uninterested again if it starts falling (human psychology and the smart thing to do in the market are at odds), so I don't know what else to tell you.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
If you ask me, Bitcoin only. Others will have different answers.

I wouldn't buy at these prices ($10K+) right now personally, I'd wait for the inevitable 25%+ pullback... But seeing how you only became interested when the price is shooting up, chances are you will become uninterested again if it starts falling (human psychology and the smart thing to do in the market are at odds), so I don't know what else to tell you.
Nah if I invest I'm in for the highs and lows I just wanted to know the best to invest right now.

I had BTC before but sold it all off in 2016 due to a life situation I was in.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Barring an actual Tether shutdown, to me the charts are suggesting a lot more upside to come for BTC and ETH. If BTC makes a move higher, watch carefully for a rejection around 13-14k for a possible drop to 9-10k. For ETH, a potential rejection area is anywhere above around $360. A dip from around 400 to around 350, or lower, would be pretty normal for this market. These possible dips could be viewed as buying opportunities.

I think tethers are mostly responsible for the bullishness in the charts, but Tether use is showing no signs of slowing down. We have seen that provided that they aren't totally shutdown (as in their operations are fully seized by some enforcement action), then tethers are likely to be used to continue to pump the major crypto assets, even if there is more bad news surrounding Tether.

A possible approach could be to just hold some of the major coins from now on, and give up on trading until either Tether totally goes away, or we're much higher than here. Trade/hold at your own risk.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember, but when BC plummeted after topping 19K, what did it bottom out to?

Daedalifts

Dec 9, 2017

A lot of people overlook Bitcoin SV. I put all my crypto money into it because the guys behind it are hell bent on scaling original Bitcoin. They are already at 7k transactions per second after a few months of existence.

People will call Craig Wright a fraud for calling himself Satoshi, but when he got the copyright registration for the Bitcoin whitepaper, BSV 4x'd in a week. Judge his character for yourself. There are plenty of other videos of him and I recommend all of his talks at conferences, but I thought that conversation was really interesting.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
That's one for artsi

A new update just emerged from VeChain (VET). The Shanghai-based blockhain firm is reported to have a partnership with one of the largest retail companies in the US, Walmart.

The news was made public by Tom Foth, a senior director at Price-Waterhouse Cooper (PwC) who posted on LinkedIn just mere hours ago.
"At the Walmart, Vechain, PwC announcement of food safety tracking of foods Walmart sells in China. Vechain is providing the blockchain technology," Foth posted.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland

Yeah that's bloody awesome.
I'm still largely holding VET in my portfolio and I believe this is just the start, it's up 41% today even while BTC is pumping same time.

Walmart is Fortune #1 after all and a great reference for VeChain which will generate even more customers and transactions.

And the best thing is that Walmart solution (or one small part of it) is already live on the mainnet which can be seen in VeForge as a huge VTHO burn rate.

Last edited:

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017

giphy.gif

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If only you could invest in VeChain instead of buying their Microsoft points! (stole this from Brandson years back)