• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
I don't hate on XRP. Just posted it since XRP is/was a people's darling for a long time. Newcomers saw it floating in the TOP 5 on CMC while being dirt "cheap" per coin compared to ETH, Dash, BTC, Montero etc and hoped it would rise to those prices, totally neglecting the supply. Add "banks and business are already using it" and people got wet Moon dreams to no end.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
I don't hate on XRP. Just posted it since XRP is/was a people's darling for a long time. Newcomers saw it floating in the TOP 5 on CMC while being dirt "cheap" per coin compared to ETH, Dash, BTC, Montero etc and hoped it would rise to those prices, totally neglecting the supply. Add "banks and business are already using it" and people got wet Moon dreams to no end.
Sorry, I wasn't implying you were a hater... Looking back at the formulation of my post it sounded strange haha :)

I'm not too worried about the supply, I think if they keep expanding and if banks start to use it for transfers price will go up. I think they really have a valuable asset, when compared to BitCoin and even Ether.

Prices right now are still all over the place imo.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Interesting article about the IPO (Ripple)

Even if Ripple brought in 20% of that, which would be $1 billion, it would have a large cash reserve it would be sitting on.

Hodor then noted that with this cash, Ripple could participate in strong marketing: "With $5 billion dollars, no amount of potential marketing is out of reach, and the days of Superbowl advertisements about digital assets may be upon us."

He added that the sale of Ripple shares would also give the company more capacity to participate in more business deals and acquisitions, with Garlinghouse last year saying in an interview that acquisitions are a big focus of his company when their balance sheet is strong. This comment in the wake of Ripple partnering with top remittance provider MoneyGram.

As to how this could affect XRP, the analyst suggested that the reserve of cash would decrease Ripple's incentive to participate in programmatic sales of XRP, which investors like Kyle Samani of Multicoin Capital may have depressed the price of the asset over the years. He added that a Ripple IPO would "accelerate the adoption of their payment processing software and its preferred digital asset," potentially presenting a bull case for the battered crypto asset, which shed 50% of its value in 2019.

That's just one guy's opinion but still interesting.

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
ICX is pumping! 10c--->25c in 2 weeks (yes it will retrace hard over the next week, Yes its still down 95% from ATH) but Ill take it.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Question about crypto taxes if anyone knows. I have a handful of trades that I made last year, and one trade was split into multiple trades to make the full amount I had placed a buy order for. When I calculate the fair market price, am I able to add up all the BTC amounts for the split trades and do it as one trade?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I really like ICON. I haven't looked at any crypto in a while though and long since converted everything I had left into just Ether. Might want to remember to grab some after it retraces.

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Wow still pumpimg 32 cents now. Wonder if this is a little insider pump before a large announcement later this week(goverment, samsung,Line?)

Been looking into some of the ETH Defi stuff aswell and its very interesting. I think ETH maybe finding its #1 use case after its old one ICOs died.

Crypto maybe in for a great 2020.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
I'm not sure about 2020...

I expect BitCoin to surge and then fall again, as hard as before. Which will bring the whole crypto space down once again. The halving is really hyped, but it could also be a bit of a dissapointment for maximalists.

Bitcoin is too much speculation and little real world use cases. It's POW protocol ain't good and nasty on the environmental side. I don't see governments accepting this anytime soon, and I think China could break bitcoin, since they control so much of the mining pool.

I feel many blockchains and crypto have a bright future, but BitCoin isn't one of them. But hey, what do I know. I still hope XRP to eat away at Bitcoin's dominance. lol

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Damn ICX keeps pumping. Should have bought more at 15c. ;P

I'm starting to wonder if it will retrace soon

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I really like ICON. I haven't looked at any crypto in a while though and long since converted everything I had left into just Ether. Might want to remember to grab some after it retraces.

V5g7Mtv.png
Well fuck...

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coinmarketcap did some research and I had to laugh. Who in the flying f* drew those charts?

7-Smart-Contract-Platforms-YTD-Performance.png

See how the grey line at the end bends to the left?

8-Exchange-Tokens-YTD-Performance.png

Look at the red line.. Lmao

Xevo

Oct 27, 2017
Can somebody please send me an invite to the Era Crypto Discord? Apparently I deleted the channel by mistake.....thanks!

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it was deleted. There was talk of making a new one. Has that been done? I'd also like a invite

That was like, two years ago lol.

I'm in the processes of cleaning up the discord. Lots of people who haven't posted since the collapse of 2018.

The discord is more so a trading discord than specifically crypto, most everyone left over from 2017 bubble have moved to general trading in multiple markets, including crypto.

TheRizza7

Oct 30, 2017
That was like, two years ago lol.

I'm in the processes of cleaning up the discord. Lots of people who haven't posted since the collapse of 2018.

The discord is more so a trading discord than specifically crypto, most everyone left over from 2017 bubble have moved to general trading in multiple markets, including crypto.

Gotcha, I guess I meant the cleanup since I think you might've booted me because the channel doesn't show up for me anymore. I don't really post, but I like reading thoughts and got news from there sometimes

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, yea I'm expecting a few people to get caught in the spring cleaning. I'll hopefully have the discord cleaned up and I'll send invites to people who want them later on today or tomorrow.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here get the bittorrent coin?

Ive read about it and interested in seeing how I can start earning some, any pointers? Info online from googling is a little unclear

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
Oh hey, this thread is still here. Still waiting to cash in on my Pickle Ricks and Titty Coin

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece

No word on what Barr is planning to do about the orange predator in the White House.
Well they can ban it in the USA but they can't ban in accross the whole world, and nothing really to stop people from using these on USA territory. Most people who create these cryptos ain't located in the USA so they ain't subject to the potential crapfest of USA laws.

USA (trump) policy lately seems to be "if you cant beat it, try making it life hard", it's like what they did with Huwaei, there probably gonna try to do with crypto since it threatens their dollar.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018

Shit. Thanks for the info.

IOTA is spectacular tech, but not a good look indeed.

EDIT :
February 14th 2020 - 08:45

After another long night we are confident to exclude several of the initially estimated root causes of the attack. The team is investigating every single dependency (and their dependencies) of Trinity.

Additional external cyber security experts have joined the investigation with multiple security teams working on the incident analysis. The investigation has yielded absolutely no indication that there has been a core protocol breach of any kind. Rather, all evidence so far points to a problem with a dependency of the Trinity wallet.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
Who should be poked to get Era verified for Brave contributions? I did it on my website and it's super simple.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Brandson still around? Always interesting to read his thoughts on the matter.

He's out, likely for good. He still pops in and out of the discord, but probably wouldn't count on him making any more calls unless he decided to jump back into the market.

Anyways, that was a fun bull market. Hope people took money on their alt moves and aren't riding shit to the ground.