• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
It's definitely useful, I'm curious to see what you have to say moving forward. If I had bet on you I'd probably be up a grand instead of down a grand. Fortunately for me Nintendo found a way to sell cardboard to people and I'm up more this month with them than I have in crypto altogether (;

Nice on the Nintendo play. I don't hold any Nintendo stock, but the value of my Amiibo and vintage cartridge holdings seem to be trending up.

Also note that I have a strong bias to simply hold my ETH. It's actually hard for me to sell it because I can clearly see the long term value. If I come out with a strong sell call, usually for me that means I'm way more than 50% confident it's dropping.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit - VEN breaking into finance now too?

Logistics is huge and underappreciated by most, but finance too? Damnnnn.

I wish i had 10,000 ven right now so badly

Oct 26, 2017
When I purchased VEN ages ago, I bought with Eth...but Delta price shows different because I added it as Eth and not Btc. I see people always say to add as Btc, so I guess my question is this: is there an easy way for Delta to convert my Eth to Btc when I add or edit?

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are making it really hard to resist VEN. I bought eth at the dip yesterday to help reduce the maximum theoretical cash loss (basically, dip in, make a few hundred in gains, withdraw). I just almost sent my ETH to Binance but backed out after receiving an sms code from coinbase to confirm.

Stahp

Oct 26, 2017
You guys are making it really hard to resist VEN. I bought eth at the dip yesterday to help reduce the maximum theoretical cash loss (basically, dip in, make a few hundred in gains, withdraw). I just almost sent my ETH to Binance but backed out after receiving an sms code from coinbase to confirm.

Stahp
Do it. You know you wanna. Just give in. Ven is a long term money farm.

Last edited:

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FLASH still way down from ATH but up 100% since yesterday. HODL that shit.

Edit: And VEN hit ATH in sat value just a few minutes ago.

water_tempo

Oct 31, 2017
FLASH still way down from ATH but up 100% since yesterday. HODL that shit.

Edit: And VEN hit ATH in sat value just a few minutes ago.

I ended up selling my flash just before the dip a few weeks ago and barely broke even. I put it into Ven yesterday before the uptick. Not huge amounts, but I am happy with my 11 VEN for right now. lol.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone that have managed to create a coinbase account in the last few weeks? Their support request page has been saying that they only handle certain issue, which mine doesn't seem to fall under. Basically coinbase isn't letting me finalize my account. I can't add either my ID or payment details.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone using the Profit Trailer ? I'm so tempted ! But the 0,03BTC entry is still hodling me back.

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone that have managed to create a coinbase account in the last few weeks? Their support request page has been saying that they only handle certain issue, which mine doesn't seem to fall under. Basically coinbase isn't letting me finalize my account. I can't add either my ID or payment details.

If you'd be interested in an alternative: I can vouch for https://bitpanda.com - you don't need verification unless you wanna cash out huge amounts or you want to buy by credit card. If you want to buy by CC you need to do a verification via an app (iOS or Android). Took me like 5 min.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Brandson do you have any recommended reading material to analyse the market?

If you're starting out, you might find it helpful to browse charts/ideas people post on tradingview.com for BTC or ETH. There are lots of different techniques out there for chart analysis. See how different people are analyzing things, and then lookup the terms they are using. Try to learn to read what the chart is saying, and avoid trying to force what you hope to see into it. Don't try to learn all of the different metrics and strategies all at once. Start with a few, and get a feel for them, then add more. There are many analytical tools that I still know only very little about.

It's also impossible to do any meaningful analysis using the charts most exchanges provide. You need to use something like tradingview.com or cryptowat.ch. I prefer cryptowatch, showing candlestick log charts, with EMA levels of 10, 21, 50, 100, Bollinger Bands on default, Volume, MACD, StochRSI all on default, and RSI with values of 6, 25. Usually I watch 1H charts by default now, unless there is a fast movement happening, in which case I might switch to 15m. For longer term calls I look at 4H, 6H, 12H, and 1D charts. Over time you will see the same sorts of patterns repeating themselves on shorter and longer time frames.

For some introductory reading, consider:
https://www.investopedia.com/university/charts/
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/movingaverage.asp
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candlestick_pattern
http://www.onlinetradingconcepts.com/

For more advanced stuff:
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:trading_harmonic_patterns
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku....hnical_indicators:relative_strength_index_rsi

But really learning how to trade is impossible until you actually start trading. Looking at historical data is totally different than making a decision in the moment. So I would say either start trading with an inconsequential amount of money to see what you can learn, or trade on paper to see how your trades would have played out.

The psychological aspects of trading should not be underestimated. It is hard to make a call, and then stick with that call while the price goes in the opposite direction initially. You also have to learn how to be patient, and how to recognize when your trade is in fact not working out. And if you make a bad call, it's ok to feel bad, but don't let it destroy you. Try to use it as a learning experience instead.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can people elaborate more than just "dont buy trx"? Ive read the usual stuff (omg trx is scamcoin, whitepaper has copied content etc) but is there more?

I dont have a lot on TRX. barely anything actually. I have mostly POWR and XRP. But just curious why the TRX doomsaying. And i believe this forum, which is why i want to know more info apart from whats already out there.

I read his comments on twitter and watched his live streams. Every gut feeling and BS detector I have went off. He was using big buzzwords and sounding very fancy but not saying anything of substance.

FullMetalx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
WTC, VEN, and NEO

The only 3 you really need. VEN and WTC for small cap with major upside and REAL partnerships. As in the real use case for these coins are ongoing. NEO for the large cap ETH type growth.

Dilly

Oct 26, 2017
Well, the people amusing themselves with the great crypto crash of 2018 left as quickly as they came in this thread.

Also, thank you Brandson for your insights! Always enjoy reading them.

Dilly

Oct 26, 2017
I have VEN, REQ, XBY, VOISE, ADC and COLX(because cm is still down). I'm probably moving my VOISE into one of the others when it gets back to where I bought it before the correction.

Or not, I forgot about it coming to new exchanges.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you'd be interested in an alternative: I can vouch for https://bitpanda.com - you don't need verification unless you wanna cash out huge amounts or you want to buy by credit card. If you want to buy by CC you need to do a verification via an app (iOS or Android). Took me like 5 min.

Well that was a trip, standing in my underwear and all of a sudden some guy pops onto my phone and start talking to me in incredibly poor audio :|

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
COLX needs to rise to at least middle ground after the correction. It hasn't really picked up after the correction. I'm questioning if I'm just attached to it and not selling or if it really can take off in 2018. What sets it apart from coins trying to do the same thing?

Dosia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brandson, do you think Eth will fall below 900 again in the coming days? Thanks for your continued insight. I enjoy reading it.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hahahah, should have warned you. Mine was a friendly guy with good audio.

Did everything work?

Well I was able to easily transfer some money to them and buy some more ETH for it.

However I wanted to transfer most of it to my binance account, and now it says that transaction is finished, but my binance account is still missing that ETH. I'm guessing hoping this is just a delay somewhere, even though bitpanda says the transfer is finished?

edit - yup, delay, it's there now.

Prologue

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vechain and QSP giving me life again.

PBL, Bounty and Poll showing slower growth. Hopefully they pick up after seeing Flash/ADC growth :(

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
COLX needs to rise to at least middle ground after the correction. It hasn't really picked up after the correction. I'm questioning if I'm just attached to it and not selling or if it really can take off in 2018. What sets it apart from coins trying to do the same thing?
They've been holding back the whitepaper until BTC looked like it was recovering.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Brandson, do you think Eth will fall below 900 again in the coming days? Thanks for your continued insight. I enjoy reading it.

Too early to say. Breaking and staying below ~$950 GDAX would be bearish. Breaking and staying above ~$1130 GDAX bullish. In-between, all you can really do is watch it, or gamble. I don't know that there would be many holders left still willing to sell for so low after the correction we just had, but it's not impossible.