• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
COLX needs to rise to at least middle ground after the correction. It hasn't really picked up after the correction. I'm questioning if I'm just attached to it and not selling or if it really can take off in 2018. What sets it apart from coins trying to do the same thing?
At the least hold on until the Cryptopia listing + Road map + White paper, these are all coming soon.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems to be about a 4% spread between LTC on binance vs coinbase/gdax (coinbase is higher). Whenever I decide to cash out it seems like it would make sense to convert to LTC on binance then send to coinbase to cash out to take advantage.

Spread on ethereum and bitcoin cash is also present, but smaller.

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks, between the two is there a preferred exchange? Also I'm assuming both only have BTC markets?
I used Tradesatoshi (archaic website) but I heard CryptoBridge (in Beta) is equally good. Either should work, yes BTC pairings.

What's important is to get your coins off the exchanges ASAP after your purchase.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In my process of getting started, figure I'll put $200 into BTC and ETH on Gemini. I downloaded MyCelium on my phone for a wallet as well. Main issue is I don't want to connect my bank account since its my primary. Does anyone use Ally? Figure I can make an account there, transfer to it, THEN to Gemini.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
yeah but we 'recovered' everything insanely quickly, which makes me not want to claim 'recovered' quite yet until we've stabilized....somewhat....obviously this is crypto but yeah

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'm trying this out. I put in around 50$ yesterday to play around and learn how stuff works.
The money I have made the last 24h have covered the fees I spent so that's ok I guess.
Good info in this thread, will follow.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
For me, I need to see a break of the 1D RSI downtrend on both BTCUSD and ETHUSD to definitively call the market recovered. BTC has been in an RSI downtrend since early December, and is still quite a ways away from breaking out of it. ETH has only been trending down for about 10 days and is much closer to breaking out of it. BTC could still be in a funk until February, but I think ETH doesn't take that long.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Live life on the edge and keep it on the exchange.
tenor.gif

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well with Litecoin and other minor investments I was able to recover and get some profit on top of my losses with Bitcoin when I locked myself in like an idiot. That money still hasn't come through yet... 8 days later. So I'm glad it's positive growth. But, I'm feeling pretty uncertain as of right now. We're on the knifes edge waiting for any news.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for money to transfer to Capital One. Once that's done and I buy ETH on Gemini, I'm assuming to get into other currencies, I transfer that ETH to another market and trade it for other coin?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had a bunch of Siacoin and sold when it hit really high levels earlier this month. But I'm really frustrated with my lack of exchange options where I can trade Fiat. The only one I'm able to cash out into Fiat to insulate me from further losses is Coinbase. (That has decent trade volume). I tried Kraken and Bittrex (This is where half my portfolio was until recently). But it's like 100k minimum for Fiat, and Kraken doesn't support my State (Washington). What other options do I have. Coinbase/Gdax only supports a few coins and I have a few coins of interest like XRP, XLM etc.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OK fellas, looking for some input here. I'm looking to consolidate my portfolio and can't decide between keeping QSP of REQ. I like both equally as I feel they both have great real world uses. Any thoughts?

Disclaimer: I've invested in QSP. Don't know much about REQ, but I'm a big fan of QSP's goal to gamify contact security on the ETH network. The team looks pretty capable, as well, judging from their whitepaper

cryptoadam

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Anyone know anything about DADI? I have a chance to get in on a presale.

Also neebie question but how do you transfer lesser coins to a wallet? So far I have a coinbase wallet but all it seems to take is ETH/BTC/LTC the big boys. If I picked up some COLX which wallet can I transfer it to since everyone is saying not to keep it on the exchange.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
haha, I put like 10 dollars on CND when it was at 0.10$, couple of hours later it's at 0.15$. I earned five dollars!
Man, I would be stressed if I had actual money in there.