• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tapiokah

Jan 12, 2018
Can this whole staking business be done on some really low-end hardware? I wouldn't mind setting up a Raspberry Pi for example, but leaving my gaming PC running 24/7 just for a few coins isn't really worth it to me...

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
What do we think of ARK? Do we still hold it in high regard, like we did back at The Old Place?
Still have a nice stack of ARK, which also churns out new coins via voting/staking for me. Reduced my stack a bit in the penny coin craze for some moon gains but also bought back a good chunk when it fell to the middle of the earth with the whole market. Still believe that it should be an easy double digits candidate (at least the price LISK has) and they just updated their road map % for ArkVM and ARK v2. Add the business entity and that they started upping their marketing (meetings, partnership etc.) so i'm confident at staying with them. Their desktop and mobile wallets are miles ahead of most other coins. That ADC wallet sync time...
I bought most of my ARK rather cheap so i'm good either way. In the end i want to have ARK, ETH + one/two other lucky moon shot coin (FLASH, COLX). Sold my last ADC (good gains though) and Siacoin (had them for ages).

Still a couple coins i like, but don't want to spread to thin. Siacoin, IOTA, GNT, NEM. I even have still a special place for NEO in my heart.

Also seems like mentioning GAF by name is like saying Voldemort in HP (noticed this in other threads too). Or is there some ERA rule to not name that now "haunted place" ?

Last edited:

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
My RDD, POSW and COLX are still pretty deep in the red.

Have half a mind to transfer those holdings into VEN, but I don't want to do that until they've gone back in the green a little. Whether that'll happen anytime soon though...

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone explain to me how Tether works, considering theres nothing to show they have any of the money they claim. Given this seems to be what's propped up Bitcoin in the latest crash, isn't this just setting everyone up for an even bigger fall?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tether/comments/7rb01d/tether_just_printed_up_another_100_million_usdt/

Tether is likely bullshit. But the major major major problem I have is with the claims that it "propped up BTC" at certain points. Its super inconsistent. When BTC surges and no Tether is printed in the vicinity of it, no one says anything. WHen it gets printed and BTC keeps dropping, no one says anything. When its printed anywhere near a rise or even sideways movement, its instantly credited for completely controlling bitcoins price either by claims that its propping it up (sideways movement) or claims that its the source of the pump (growth).

Its very clearly IMO a scam in that its nowhere near backed by 1$ each. But its effect on the BTC price specifically Im not completely sold on.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I mean, pumping 100 million at a time into a market as relatively small as crypto is definitely going to force movement. That's just basic Economics.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, pumping 100 million at a time into a market as relatively small as crypto is definitely going to force movement. That's just basic Economics.

Well, the thing is, its not relatively all that small anymore. But, let's go with it anyway. Here's a twitter that keeps track of Tether printing:

https://twitter.com/tetherprinter?lang=en

The current bear market started around Jan 6th. There's been 450 million Tether printed since then. If even 100m at a time into a market this size forced movement, why has the market been in freefall while Four hundred and fifty million pumped into it?

The 125million tether than was printed from Nov 29th to Dec 14th'ish was also blamed for Bitcoins rise from 10k to 18.5k. But 450m Tether a month later lets the bitcoin price freefall to 10k? If 125 million was really responsible for 10k to 18k Im wondering why 450 million doesn't have us flying to the moon. Its just super inconsistent. If I could find anything that was consistent I would be on board. But so far, Crypto just looks as volatile as it always has been, and tether seems to just get blamed for surges.

Ill trust the fact that every exchange shut down registration and started lagging (due to record account creations during the bull run), versus blaming tether for the rise when its completely inconsistent in terms of how much growth there was or wasn't.

Last edited:

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Just started on the Akasha beta. Another social network although this is based on the Ethereum network. The mad multi-currency thing gives the feel of learning a F2P mechanic!

I think I've been given 1ETH as part of participating. So that's nice if it is true.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if it's been mentioned here already but the French and German governments looking to do a joint proposal on regulation for cryptos at the g20 meeting in March

mashoutposse

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well, the thing is, its not relatively all that small anymore. But, let's go with it anyway. Here's a twitter that keeps track of Tether printing:

https://twitter.com/tetherprinter?lang=en

The current bear market started around Jan 6th. There's been 450 million Tether printed since then. If even 100m at a time into a market this size forced movement, why has the market been in freefall while Four hundred and fifty million pumped into it?

The 125million tether than was printed from Nov 29th to Dec 14th'ish was also blamed for Bitcoins rise from 10k to 18.5k. But 450m Tether a month later lets the bitcoin price freefall to 10k? If 125 million was really responsible for 10k to 18k Im wondering why 450 million doesn't have us flying to the moon. Its just super inconsistent. If I could find anything that was consistent I would be on board. But so far, Crypto just looks as volatile as it always has been, and tether seems to just get blamed for surges.

Ill trust the fact that every exchange shut down registration and started lagging (due to record account creations during the bull run), versus blaming tether for the rise when its completely inconsistent in terms of how much growth there was or wasn't.

Technically, Tether can be used to directly pump any one of these coins (XRP, etc):

https://support.bitfinex.com/hc/en-us/sections/115001039645-Currencies-Tokens?page=1#articles

Any reason why Tether itself isn't on that list?

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
Tether is a Ponzi scheme, and when it's exposed crypto will crash hard and fast.

Tether could easily have 1 to 1 reserves. I mean they basically invested $1.8 billion in Crypto with IOUs. I mean not saying it's legit since I'm not even sure if you can redeem Tether. IOUs that can't be redeemed it's genius

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017
Unfortunately ponzi schemes will strive in the crypto market because people are too stupid to realize one since they invest on hope rather than logic

kupi

Dec 25, 2017
Dunno if it's been mentioned here already but the French and German governments looking to do a joint proposal on regulation for cryptos at the g20 meeting in March

i googled g20 meeting and yeah, they proposed to do joint regulatory
the news is already in since december actually: https://news.bitcoin.com/crypto-to-take-center-stage-at-g20-need-to-see-how-we-can-regulate-bitcoin/

not sure what they can actually achieve

Is coinsmarkets finally up and working or is it gone for good?

I tried http://coinsmarkets.com/ , and sometimes it's up

and they still not using https

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Tether is a Ponzi scheme, and when it's exposed crypto will crash hard and fast.

The most plausible legitimate-sounding alleged explanation I have heard is that they back Tethers with other crypto holdings, like Bitcoins. If those Bitcoins lose too much value then their Tether backing goes up in smoke, so that's a very risky game to play. But once you realize you have somehow found yourself in the position to be able to print money that everyone accepts, and there are no penalties for doing so, I imagine some people could find that proposition too tempting to not take advantage of.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is coinsmarkets finally up and working or is it gone for good?

They finally released an official statement about the size of their tech team and where they are at. They finished the database repairs, the website is good to go all they are doing now is waiting to move hosts. Once that is done it should be back up.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Unfortunately ponzi schemes will strive in the crypto market because people are too stupid to realize one since they invest on hope rather than logic
In a sense, the crypto market itself is one big ponzi scheme though.

[x] Requires initial investment at the promise of high returns
[x] The earlier you get in, the higher your profit potential
[x] Money comes in through new people joining
[x] Many of them become active promoters trying to get more people to come in
[x] Doesn't depend on legitimate business activities
[x] High returns make people leave their money in the scheme instead of cashing out, enabling the scheme to live on

I'm half-joking because you could probably apply these checks on a lot of other things, but there's some truth to it

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

There's still people defending BCC on Twitter after it crashed 90%.

It's not just stupidity, it's bizarre internet tribalism. It reminds me of how angry people get over politics these days.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's still people defending BCC on Twitter after it crashed 90%.

It's not just stupidity, it's bizarre internet tribalism. It reminds me of how angry people get over politics these days.

I don't think it's tribalism. It's probably just people who lost a ton of money with BCC. For them right now it's easier to believe it will recover than to accept that all that money is gone.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
I don't think it's tribalism. It's probably just people who lost a ton of money with BCC. For them right now it's easier to believe it will recover than to accept that all that money is gone.
Agree. Admitting that can be devastating. Even if you don't read it anywhere, you know that some people lost a lot of money. Unlike other coins, which maybe are going to reach the highs from dec/jan again, BCC is (hopefully) never going back there.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Those invested in the Steem universe: it looks like Steem Dollar is going to be going on the up. The amount of Steem buy orders look to be drying up and demand for Dollar is going up. It'd dropped down below Steem recently, just slightly. If you're trading on the internal market, it's probably worth watching it for a bit before cashing in your Dollar for Steem. It went up to 8 times the value last year. I caught a load of Steem doing it this way and then Steem went up by 8 times itself. Very rapid rise in portfolio as a result.

EDIT: and off the back of this, both Steem and Steem Dollar are showing great gains. Dollar in particular.

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
They finally released an official statement about the size of their tech team and where they are at. They finished the database repairs, the website is good to go all they are doing now is waiting to move hosts. Once that is done it should be back up.
Wow. Youre right. But does this say they "lost" some data due to corruption?

About the down time ,
Time : 2018-01-19

First let us explain what is coinsmarkets , we are based on 2 investor , 1 admin , 1 coder , 2 senior support and 4 general support .

In November last year 1 of senior support left the team , It is hard enough to hire a new one , this work is based on a lot of trust , so we still waiting for correct condidat .

Now let's move to the issue , in December we experienced a lot of new users and huge volume , we were ready for double or even triple volume but in our case it was 10x +.

From here all kind of problem start with servers ,

Now add to that the last senior support remaining have some family issue and was forced to be off most of the time .

In addition to all that there was some db corruption issue we faced due to the overload and later hosting issue.

So a lot of work to do with a lot of missing stuff.

Please understand that in exchange you can't just go and hire someone and trust him millions of dollars .

We are sorry for lack of comunication about issue we have thought that people already trust us enough , and we invested 100% of time in restoring the site .

Now issue with hosting , hosting complained about a lot of fraud report from users about our service . We find this really hard to explain , it is clear that not even a single coin has moved from our wallets , and once again we are here to stay ,

We have not even released 10% of our road map , there is a lot of new future to be added in the nearest future.

A week ago we started negoation with new host that can accept similar service , we initiated the move ,

The Database was fixed yesterday night .

Now remain to setup new servers , few fix here and there and service will be restored ,

We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam ,

Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section .

and they still not using https
https://coinsmarkets.com/

?

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
There is credible analysis for ETH and BTC to both break up significantly from here, and also to correct downwards sharply. Both outcomes are still possible. I think the market is ready to move on whichever one becomes clear. The daily Tether printing is making it even harder to predict.

If you want to hedge a little, the safest approach would be to sell some BTC in the $11.7k to 11.9k range (Bitfinex), and ETH in the $1080 to 1100 range (GDAX), should those numbers be hit again. Then if those resistance levels break up, you buy back in at a slight loss in crypto holdings. If the prices tank, then you're in a good spot to buy back in lower and make some significant gains.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
POE finally becoming the star it was always meant to be
Did you
892JScVb.png
your
VWaGRPpb.png
through all this?

Dosia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is credible analysis for ETH and BTC to both break up significantly from here, and also to correct downwards sharply. Both outcomes are still possible. I think the market is ready to move on whichever one becomes clear. The daily Tether printing is making it even harder to predict.

If you want to hedge a little, the safest approach would be to sell some BTC in the $11.7k to 11.9k range (Bitfinex), and ETH in the $1080 to 1100 range (GDAX), should those numbers be hit again. Then if those resistance levels break up, you buy back in at a slight loss in crypto holdings. If the prices tank, then you're in a good spot to buy back in lower and make some significant gains.

For my sake I hope it falls one more time because my money FINALLY posted to Gdax.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ALL ~

Everyone who PM'ed me wishing to be part of the FLASH team, hit me up again with the following information:

Name:
Timezone:
LinkedIn Profile:
Discipline: (Area of focus)
Availability: (1-3 hrs a week, 3-7 hrs a week, 7-15+ hrs a week)

We are going to hit the ground running hard and fast here this next week with big things coming.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Charts are looking increasingly bearish. A break below 10.6-10.8k BTC Bitfinex and 990-1k ETH GDAX, and the market is going down a fair bit more. Could retest the correction bottoms over the next few days.

RSP

Nov 29, 2017
ALL ~

Everyone who PM'ed me wishing to be part of the FLASH team, hit me up again with the following information:

Name:
Timezone:
LinkedIn Profile:
Discipline: (Area of focus)
Availability: (1-3 hrs a week, 3-7 hrs a week, 7-15+ hrs a week)

We are going to hit the ground running hard and fast here this next week with big things coming.

I assume you don't have any use for people reviewing material, or providing feedback? My job is more than full-time, but would not mind helping out a bit when I can.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
So sell some ether and btc now, buy back later?

I sold some higher up in this range, to preserve my fiat, looking to either rebuy low or if ETH breaks strongly above $1100 GDAX. Selling right here is riskier since it's getting close to the $1k support. It would be more ideal to wait for a bit of a bounce, and then sell some closer to $1100. There is also the looming threat of a Tether-driven BTC pump, which could nullify some of my analysis.

Ultimately I think ETH and BTC will both be much higher than this in a few weeks/months so whether or not you risk trading this is up to you. I just don't enjoy seeing my profits go up in smoke.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume you don't have any use for people reviewing material, or providing feedback? My job is more than full-time, but would not mind helping out a bit when I can.
That is a job that we could use some oversight on when we craft up Press Releases and Social Media updates. Anything is helpful! :)