• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I should have been more specific, in regards to software, reliability, testing, setting up servers as well as customers. It has taken dozens of engineers and a long time to get Xrapid/Current/Tide in the state that it is working. JP Morgan better have something amazing to compete, but then again he may only be helping himself.

Ripple has no or very few clients. JP Morgan has millions. That is a massive advantage for JP Morgan.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Ripple has no or very few clients. JP Morgan has millions. That is a massive advantage for JP Morgan.

Millions of clients? Ripple has 200+ banks and 1400+ financial institutions with hundreds of millions of customers. You fail to understand Ripple has had time to perfect their system while JPM is only just starting. JPM once said cryptocurrencies were a Ponzi scheme, so he has no idea. He is going to drive millions of transactions on new untested software?

If banks of different digital asset groups want to settle trades with one another, they'll have to make markets between their unique digital assets or trade between their digital assets and a common fiat currency. It will be a complete mess.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Millions of clients? Ripple has 200+ banks and 1400+ financial institutions with hundreds of millions of customers. You fail to understand Ripple has had time to perfect their system while JPM is only just starting. JPM once said cryptocurrencies were a Ponzi scheme, so he has no idea. He is going to drive millions of transactions on new untested software?

If banks of different digital asset groups want to settle trades with one another, they'll have to make markets between their unique digital assets or trade between their digital assets and a common fiat currency. It will be a complete mess.

You would have to be mad to think that ripple is in any way even remotely comparable to anything JP Morgan has the resources to do.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
JP Morgan literally said that cryptocurrencies were a Ponzi scheme one second, viable the next. What kind of market will he make with banks having to have multiple different coins and access points to trade. If he is trading within his own system, it is trivial. He doesn't have the know how, he doesn't have the experience. Is he just going to dump millions of people onto an unproven untested system?

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
JP Morgan literally said that cryptocurrencies were a Ponzi scheme one second, viable the next. What kind of market will he make with banks having to have multiple different coins and access points to trade. If he is trading within his own system, it is trivial. He doesn't have the know how, he doesn't have the experience. Is he just going to dump millions of people onto an unproven untested system?
Companies will be more than happy to test the software of a company like JP vs. some crypto startup. JP has unlimited resources and they can pretty much buy whatever skills/people they want.

We should embrace the competition tbh. This'll push crypto forward in the long run.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Since Substratum (SUB) got featured in some posts back then on GAF and here:
Binance is delisting it.
https://support.binance.com/hc/en-u...ance-Will-Delist-CLOAK-MOD-SALT-SUB-and-WINGS

Getting delisted from one of the most popular exchanges is probably not very moon inducing for any coin. Price is already falling down the cliff. Bittrex soon?

Man, I made decent money riding that coin from 12 cents up to over a dollar back in the day. Forgot all about it. I remember that I invested in it purely on the hype it was getting even though I absolutely did not believe in its goal. They were trying to do some kind of alternate internet that would use blockchain somehow and bypass internet filters in countries like China by simply using a specific client/browser.

I thought it was nonsense and still invested and made like an 8x return on it. lol2017...

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Man, I made decent money riding that coin from 12 cents up to over a dollar back in the day. Forgot all about it. I remember that I invested in it purely on the hype it was getting even though I absolutely did not believe in its goal. They were trying to do some kind of alternate internet that would use blockchain somehow and bypass internet filters in countries like China by simply using a specific client/browser.

I thought it was nonsense and still invested and made like an 8x return on it. lol2017...

This sounds like me and XBY. It's still higher than I bought in at.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
The market is right now in a position where I've started to buy again, with VeChain (VET) still my #1 pick after recent developments.

- Even in extended bear market the company has funds to continue operating, secured by outside capital (DNV GL, PwC, Jim Breyer, Tim Draper, etc.)
- MyStory dApp gaining success and exposure, featured also in Italy's most watched TV channel, DNV GL moving ahead expanding MyStory to other products
- Safe Haven (SHA token, running in VeChainThor network) has made some good strides securing partnerships with exchanges
- BMW's blockchain project moving ahead and is out of PoC phase, VeChain was picked out of 50 competing blockchain projects after evaluation
- Amazon issued a press release about them inviting VeChain to AWS partner program, gives great exposure and confidence among enterprise clients

It's not looking like the train is slowing down any time soon.

Last edited:

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
And a wild McAfee prediction appears!

$1 mil BTC by Dec 31, 2020

Dick devouring incoming?

giphy.gif

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Yesterday was actually amazing all with in 24 hours we had

A) Elon Musk saying bitcoin is Amazing and better than paper money
B) Zuckerberg saying he is looking into "blockchain" to secure Facebook
C) CEO of twitter promoting Lightning network and Implimenting tippin.me to his profile
D) Samsung, worlds largest smartphone maker announcing a built in Crypto wallet for their upcoming Flagship S10

Personally Im staying Bullish, Ive consolidated my 8-10 Alts into just 3 that I really believe in and Im buying BTC. Nothing crazy but 500$ a month witch is only 1/3 of my savings each month. Hodl strong guys, we are still very early.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, stop shilling Vechain. Company overpromised and under delivered. Its ecosystem is also garbage.

I'll post a gif of me eating chocolate fudge after running it through my ass if the price gets to half its ATH within the next 5 years.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
As of this moment: "1 Bitcoin equals 3,808.56 United States Dollar"

womp womp

Bitcoin bottomed at $3156 in December.
It has attempted to break and hold through $4000 three times after that, again someone dumped a shit ton when it hit over $4100 initiating the stop-loss dominoes.

But the crash stopped at $3700 and crawled back to $3800 quite soon, and it's been holding there steadily. I'm still positive we'll break through $4000 sooner or later and go upwards from there.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bitcoin bottomed at $3156 in December.
It has attempted to break and hold through $4000 three times after that, again someone dumped a shit ton when it hit over $4100 initiating the stop-loss dominoes.

But the crash stopped at $3700 and crawled back to $3800 quite soon, and it's been holding there steadily. I'm still positive we'll break through $4000 sooner or later and go upwards from there.

There is no evidence to support BTC has bottomed

The most logical and TA based prediction is we fall back to the bottom of the trading range in the 3200 area and test supply.

If you think we're ending the bear market any time soon without decimating alt coins past the last floor you're in for a rough ride

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is no evidence to support BTC has bottomed

The most logical and TA based prediction is we fall back to the bottom of the trading range in the 3200 area and test supply.

If you think we're ending the bear market any time soon without decimating alt coins past the last floor you're in for a rough ride

Awesome news! Just in time when i earn more money and will save that for later.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
A huge margin contract got liquidated and dumped the price down to $3677, then bounced right back over $3800 and sitting there tight.

Last edited:

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017

The most anticipated but secretive project is underway at Facebook. The company is working on a coin that users of WhatsApp, which Facebook owns, could send to friends and family instantly, said five people briefed on the effort who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of confidentiality agreements.

The Facebook project is far enough along that the social networking giant has held conversations with cryptocurrency exchanges about selling the Facebook coin to consumers, said four people briefed on the negotiations.
Moon?

The five people who have been briefed on the Facebook team's work said the company's most immediate product is likely to be a coin that would be pegged to the value of traditional currencies, as Bloomberg first reported.

A digital token with a stable value would not be attractive to speculators — the main audience for cryptocurrencies so far — but it would allow consumers to hold it and pay for things without worrying about the value of the coin rising and falling.

Facebook is looking at pegging the value of its coin to a basket of different foreign currencies, rather than just the dollar, three people briefed on the plans said. Facebook could guarantee the value of the coin by backing every coin with a set number of dollars, euros and other national currencies held in Facebook bank accounts.
Not yet.

The coins from the other messaging companies are likely to look more like traditional cryptocurrencies, with fluctuating values and a decentralized design that would give users more control.

Telegram, which was started by a team of Russian exiles, has prided itself on thumbing its nose at governments. This could help Telegram in places like Iran and Russia, where people — especially dissidents — have difficulty using the traditional financial system.

Telegram sent a letter to its investors last month saying that it was 90 percent done with the key components of the network that would house the Gram, the name for its digital token.

The company has told investors it hopes to have some version of the system out in the next few months, according to two investors who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of confidentiality agreements.

The privacy-focused messaging application Signal, which is run by a foundation, has the smallest project, called Mobilecoin. It raised $30 million last year and is now trying to raise another $30 million, according to three people briefed on the effort.

While the founder of Signal, Moxie Marlinspike, is advising the effort, it is being run independent of Signal. The project is a favorite of many longtime cryptocurrency advocates because of strong privacy controls.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Another day, another VeChain enterprise client.

https://www.nasdaq.com/press-releas...hain-technology-for-innovation-20190228-00832

SINGAPORE, Feb. 28, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reebonz Holding Limited (Nasdaq:RBZ), a leading online luxury marketplace and platform in Southeast Asia, announced today that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding ("MOU") with VeChain, a leading global enterprise-level public blockchain platform, to adopt the blockchain technology to establish the end-to-end provenance of luxury products sold on Reebonz's platforms, which will help further its ecosystem strategy.

Also, first (monthly) green candle for BTC in 6 months :)

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
For shits and giggles click on page 1 of this thread......6 pages of jan 12 2018 > 300 posts in a SINGLE DAY here in this thread. Are we at capitulation with about 1 a day now?

For S and G, Who else want to tell wrecked stories from those times?? 95% of those posters will never read this but about half will be back in 2020 or whenever the next bullrun starts. Like I said a a few months back, if you are still here your a badass, your in the minority, takin your asswhippin and still standing. Most have crumbled.

There are a few exceptions that are reading this..
Here for Memes
No Coiners... here to laugh and say I told you so
Gods like Branson.... Got out halfway down the crash and will magicially buy bottom

That leaves 2 more types
Was here in Jan 2018... got wrecked, feels burned by crypto(rightfully) has given up but checks in every now and then, prays for recovery just to break even, will never put another a penny in.
Was here in Jan 2018... got wrecked, feels burned by crypto(rightfully) realise certain projects were a scam and moneygrab....Others are not! They continue development and adoption and are a 90%+ plus discount of what they were. Accumulating.

Early Jan 2018 I spent $1000 and bought 115 of coinX at $9.00. Down 97% Today CoinX is 30 cents. I now own almost 10,000 CoinX.
Coin X just opened up a huge new high tech office and past months has announced a ton of partnerships. These guys have deep pockets and are not slowing down.

My wrecked story.
I bought ADA at 1.08 think it peaked at 1.20. Got out at .30
I bought WTC at $25 it went to $40 2 weeks later. Now Its $1.
The worst is shitcoin EVE I bought at .44 it peaked at .44 its at 1 cent now.
Never bought that music coin or poetry coin people loved to shill here though.
I put in about 10k in Jan 2018 worth 1k now.

But have bought 2k coinX and 2k BTC recently plus a bit into 2 other ALTS. Look at what Jacks doing on twitter with lightning, Bakkt, Fedelity. BTCs past performance. Another Bullrun is coming. Yes 95% of Alts are SHIT having said that Blockchain is legit. You cant just throw all Alts into the shit pile. Some WILL do amazing, become mass adopted and moon. DYOR find your CoinX and HODL.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
The moment a real bullrun goes off and random shitcoins do 1000% gains, threat will gain speed again too. That bear year and sideway movement drained a lot of people.
I still read a lot of crypto stuff every day and I would post more different crypto things here but then it would be 20 posts a week, only by me.

Btw. reminder for ppl who still have ARK, don't forget to claim your airdropped phantom chain coins (XPH). You got 3x the amount XPH of ARK you had. You can then sell it on Bit-Z for BTC or do whatever you like. 50k XPH is around 50€ atm.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone is hoping and praying the next bull run pumps their alts.

Even though the next bull run will be predicated on some from of an ETF getting approved and new cash flow going directly into BTC or another top market cap coin.

ETF's are going to go full Mexican Cartel on the alt market.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Chances are higher that shit is getting pumped again (for whatever stupid reason) than everything going to 0. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, as long as two hermits in rural Montana keep sending Audiocoins to each other, it's not going to 0, so yeah I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Soyouretellingmethereisachance.gif

ADC, that reminds me to visit some subreddits again and soak up the good vibes :)
XBY is good for an interesting read nowadays.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Tbh the thread title should have been changed to Cryptocurrency |OT2| Money's New ERA Shoots itself in the foot

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Crypto speculation is, hopefully, dead.

Maybe there will be some practical use for crypto in the future that isn't buying drugs.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
*cracks open an ice cold Sprite*

Fam, siblings, cousins, ?

Been a long time since moon June and do or die July

But March Madness is nearly upon us?

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
What do you mean? What purpose would a fiat thread have? For discussing how to launder it? Collect it? Or invest it?
There is an ERA stock market thread and a general investment thread afaik.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ok guys, I still got some ENJ left from 2017. I dont know what to do!

You resell the double top at 25 cents if it gets there

*cracks open an ice cold Sprite*

Fam, siblings, cousins, ?

Been a long time since moon June and do or die July

But March Madness is nearly upon us?

this alt run is going to end just like the April and September alt run of last year

Blood sweat and tears

Crypto speculation is, hopefully, dead.

Maybe there will be some practical use for crypto in the future that isn't buying drugs.

BTC transactions crashed by a third when Venezuela had/is having it's nation wide blackout.

Crypto has use cases... if your entire economy crashes and you're dealing with a FIAT that is hyper-inflating. Or you can just live in a normal country with a functioning economy and trade it.