• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
While I haven't been posting much, I have been playing some of these bounces on ETH since December, sometimes taking profits fast enough, sometimes not, but overall positive. Barring some unfortunate news, it does look like ETH could breakout to somewhere in the $190-250 range (Coinbase Pro prices) in April, before possibly falling back to retest the 2018 lows ($80), although we'll see how it looks if and when it breaks out. For this to increase in likelihood, I'd like to see ETH stay above around $127 from now until the breakout. Daily close below that level, and this idea might be invalidated.

Exact timing is impossible, but just for fun I'm going to say breakout could be around April 2-3.

There are many possibilities I am watching, but I presently favour this one. It could very well not happen. Trade at your own risk.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Shit coin dumpster Cryptopia is "back in business"

Dear Cryptopia Customer

We are writing this letter to update you on the progress we are making after the event that occurred on the 14th of January 2019. You may have heard various comments about this event being an exit scam but rest assured we are 100% committed to reopening the exchange, bigger and better and to continue trading.

On the 14th of January 2019 we noticed several suspicious transactions and placed our site into maintenance to prevent additional funds from being compromised as best we could. We notified local and international law enforcement agencies of the matter and our offices were locked down and the site was only accessible to a very small number of staff and law enforcement agencies. We complied with all requests so as not to tarnish the scene. As a result, many of our staff were sent home on full pay and our systems were inaccessible.

We were given access back to our site on the 14th of February 2019. This was the first time since the event that we could begin to assess the impact. We have a comprehensive plan in place to get our exchange back trading. This however is quite labour and time heavy as we are effectively rebuilding our service from the ground up again. Since having access returned we have made significant steps to resuming service.
  • Read only site: The read only site is now live, it shows balances as at the 14th of January 2019. Please use this site to reset passwords and 2FA credentials.
  • Cancel orders: We are aware of market volatility in Crypto. The ability for users to cancel their standing orders is also live now. The API is still disabled, so you will need to cancel your orders through the website.
  • Updates on twitter: We are continually updating our Twitter page with updates on our progress to go live. Please be wary of fake Cryptopia accounts on twitter, our official handle is Cryptopia_NZ and our page can be found here.
  • No new funds to be deposited: As a result of the new wallets please immediately refrain from depositing funds into old Cryptopia addresses.
  • There will be a rebate for customers who unfortunately lost funds. We are working through the logistics of this to ensure it is equitable and in compliance with local laws.
  • Our Support team is prioritising tickets for 2FA and password resets to allow our customers to be prepared for trading when we go live

If you held balances in coins that were lost in the event you will start to see Withdraws on your account for those coins. The TXID for the withdraw will not exist on the network but will detail how the coin was impacted in the event. For each withdraw you will also see a subsequent deposit of Cryptopia Loss Marker(CLM), the TXID for this will also not exist on a network but will detail the coin it represents a loss for. CLM is not a coin, it can't be traded as yet, it is just a number in the database that represents the loss for each coin for each user in $NZD at the time of the event. There are still steps to take to ensure we are taking a legal path toward reimbursement.

We will be emailing you again shortly with more details around the rebates and the projected dates for trading to be active again. Please be aware, we are hoping to achieve this by the end of the month.

On behalf of the leadership team and all staff at Cryptopia, we want to thank you for your unwavering support. Cryptopia aims to be a transparent and honest exchange, with the greatest customers in the world.

Regards

Rob (Hex) Dawson,

On behalf of the Cryptopia Management Team

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Alt seasons end in blood sweet and tears

Also, if Binance moves forward with leveraging on alt coins you can kiss any possibility of alt seasons goodbye

Last edited:

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
While I haven't been posting much, I have been playing some of these bounces on ETH since December, sometimes taking profits fast enough, sometimes not, but overall positive. Barring some unfortunate news, it does look like ETH could breakout to somewhere in the $190-250 range (Coinbase Pro prices) in April, before possibly falling back to retest the 2018 lows ($80), although we'll see how it looks if and when it breaks out. For this to increase in likelihood, I'd like to see ETH stay above around $127 from now until the breakout. Daily close below that level, and this idea might be invalidated.

Exact timing is impossible, but just for fun I'm going to say breakout could be around April 2-3.

There are many possibilities I am watching, but I presently favour this one. It could very well not happen. Trade at your own risk.
Thanks for the update Brandson I appreciate them

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
To further feed the "crypto is scam" fans here: Bithumb (largest Korean exxhange) shenanigans from "insiders" who grabbed a chunk of EOS and XRP (with private key of a bithumb wallet) and ran with it. More at the links since I'm on mobile and can't add good quotes atm.

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/03/30/...s-worth-of-crypto-eos-blockchain-suggests-so/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurr...t_of/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Besides that, portfolio is actually not looking that bad recently :)

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Curious if we do indeed enter a bull market if it will be a slow grind, fighting for every additional $100 in valuation or if we'll see another meteoric rise like 2017.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We bull market now boys.

lol, no we're not

bull market means you can set it and forget it for the foreseeable future. Until 6K is retested and broken, then retested as support, the market is not bull.

BTC could literally end the daily candle with a rejection of the 200 SMA and we crash down to 3200

This short squeeze has been in the books since we got into this range. It's been talked about for a while, anyone who started shorting here needed to get punished, and a 1K BTC dildo was going to be the end result of a short squeeze combined with a price gap between 4400 and 5400

Last edited:

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
lol, no we're not

bull market means you can set it and forget it for the foreseeable future. Until 6K is retested and broken, then retested as support, the market is not bull.

BTC could literally end the daily candle with a rejection of the 200 SMA and we crash down to 3200

This short squeeze has been in the books since we got into this range. It's been talked about for a while, anyone who started shorting here needed to get punished, and a 1K BTC dildo was going to be the end result of a short squeeze combined with a price gap between 4400 and 5400
This is what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
lol, no we're not

Everyone's got their definition

I'm here just taking my profits

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
right, and I've been taking profits since December, doesn't mean it's a bull market

BTC is up over 50% in 4 months, volumes are high and sentiment is positive. Alts are picking up.
Defining a bull market is subjective and difficult even in traditional stock markets, to me that's bullish and I guess we'll just have to call it out and see.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
BTC is up over 50% in 4 months, volumes are high and sentiment is positive. Alts are picking up.
Defining a bull market is subjective
and difficult even in traditional stock markets, to me that's bullish and I guess we'll just have to call it out and see.

Alts just dumped hard against BTC

People need to get expectations in check. Being bullish doesn't mean it's a bull market. BTC is smacking into hardcore resistance on this move, which is why we got a wick to 5200 but retraced all the way to ~4700. Most alts got decimated and have little liquidity and volume, so their movement and pumps doesn't require anything to jump in terms of market makers running and doing pump and dumps, which is what they were doing the last few weeks.

This isn't an indicator of a trend reversal, most people watching BTC chart expected this move up at some point to squeeze anyone foolish enough to short this range and to fill the near empty price levels between 4K and 5.5K.

You can be bullish on short term trends in a bear market and trade them, but if you're selling your trades because it doesn't have the buy momentum to constantly continue in price over a moderate period of time, then it's inherently not a bull market.

Now, could this be a bull market and a reversal? Sure, but I would argue if we're already out of the bear market and we have to deal with the entire plethora of shit coins that still exist and still have all the Tether drama, then the market is not in a healthy state and I wouldn't be very excited for the prospects of institutional investors with the lack of regulation and the "cleansing" fire we need to make this market halfway decent.

Last edited:

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Alts just dumped hard against BTC

People need to get expectations in check. Being bullish doesn't mean it's a bull market. BTC is smacking into hardcore resistance on this move, which is why we got a wick to 5200 but retraced all the way to ~4700. Most alts got decimated and have little liquidity and volume, so their movement and pumps doesn't require anything to jump in terms of market makers running and doing pump and dumps, which is what they were doing the last few weeks.

This isn't an indicator of a trend reversal, most people watching BTC chart expected this move up at some point to squeeze anyone foolish enough to short this range and to fill the near empty price levels between 4K and 5.5K.

You can be bullish on short term trends in a bear market and trade them, but if you're selling your trades because it doesn't have the buy momentum to constantly continue in price over a moderate period of time, then it's inherently not a bull market.

Now, could this be a bull market and a reversal? Sure, but I would argue if we're already out of the bear market and we have to deal with the entire plethora of shit coins that still exist and still have all the Tether drama, then the market is not in a healthy state and I wouldn't be very excited for the prospects of institutional investors with the lack of regulation and the "cleansing" fire we need to make this market halfway decent.

Honestly, if you want to be bullish on crypto long term, you want this bear market to last longer so things get cleaned up before the next move up.

Dude I'm not here arguing if it's a bull market or not, also I'm not pretending that I'm a TA expert.
I'm calling it out based on the behaviour and sentiment I'm seeing in the market/community right at this moment, and we'll see later.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, if you want to be bullish on crypto long term, you want this bear market to last longer so things get cleaned up before the next move up.

Also, this is probably my last post for a month due to getting snapped out of ERA from the Thanos thread, if so then I want to leave some parting advice, at least from the lessons I've learned since I got into crypto back in July 2017.

For people who are still active in crypto, or are holding bags, I hope the bear market was useful in honing your trading skills. Or at the very least, a way to realize how to survive in this market and what type of coins will die and what will survive. I know most of us here weren't traders when we entered mid-2017 to late 2017 (hight/end of bull rush), but most of us got caught in the greed with absolute dog shit penny coins that will never see the light of day again. If you do decide to trade trash like that on funky exchanges, be smart and take your profits.

There are few coins in crypto you can "hodl" and end up being ok. BTC is probably the only prominent coin that will increase in value as crypto cycles through it's markets. If you're not going to be an active trader, then sticking to BTC to ride the big waves and volatility is the "safe" and conservative method. If you're buying alt coin bags, I just hope the last two years taught you (as it did myself) how to actually value them and trade them, with holding long term almost always being a bad idea.

There are lots of guides and materials online to read from to learn basic trading strategies. Find someone who is knowledgeable that you can basically use them as a mentor to get the ropes, learn and absorb what they do to be successful, use them as your training wheels. Obviously it would have been optimal to do this in the bear market to preserve capital, but it's never too late to start. I used Brandson as my guide in getting the basics down, other TA sources online (crypto twitter is mainly shit but there are a few decent people out there with sound TA) to see what other people are doing. Over time you will develop your own trading strategy which, if successful, you need to follow. If you start breaking your own rules and fomoing into things you're almost always going to get burnt. One of the best things I learned over the last year was waiting for a set up, and if I missed a set up, calm down, look at the chart, draw some meme lines and see where the next set up would be to jump in.

Please, for the love of god, if anything comes out of this post, just learn how to set stop losses on your shit coin trades. I lost so much potential capital because I was trading and still didn't have basic risk management for my moves. Do not go into the next cycle of this market buying alt coins that are pumping and thinking a 30% dump in value is "hodl", because that's the shit that will cost you your portfolio when the bull cycle rotates into bear again and you hold bags of shit that don't stop dumping.

The crypto discord is pretty much a skeleton crew at this point, it's very much still active in terms of who's left and the TA that's provided by members. If people are going to jump back into crypto after being in hibernation, I hope they take the time to get some fundamentals down in terms of how to survive this market long term and not get burnt like most of us did at the end of 2017/early 2018

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017

Quoting myself from March 19. Looks like I got the breakout date right. We'll see if I got the price target next.

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Still Pumping. It'll be interesting when we level off for a few days then what happens. Even if we give it all back feels great to have some action like the good ole days.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
It'd be great if one of the whales could drop us a line on when they're starting and stopping these coordinated pumps.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Oh this was the reason for plethoria of price jump alarms that I have received on my phone during my work :D

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Look at that. More posts on two days here than in a month. Thirsty Lurkers and bagholders everywhere.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
People are speculating that AMB token might be simply abandoned as the company has no obligations towards token holders in the case of a buyout.

So unless VeChain announces that they will do an AMB->VET token swap (that they're also not obligated to do), I'd expect the AMB price to drop as soon as news reach around, the Ambrosus subreddit is in censorship mode right now deleting threads about the merger.

elephantstone

Nov 29, 2017
Man we enter bull market! Could very well be hitting 6k all the way thru. Secretly wish the bear would continue a bit longer so I can accumulate more coins, but how great to feel these pumps again

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Twist in the story: VeChain acquisition of Ambrosus did not happen.
What we know is that Ambrosus devs emptied their own wallets and changed their legal company name to VeChain GmbH for whatever the fuck reason.

Exit scam and an attempt to make VeChain look bad in the process, maybe?

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Drama aside, we're going for $5300 now
Bears get outta the way

SnoopyWastefulAmericanpainthorse.gif

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
it was something like 23.900.000.000. you can view it here, it's on jan 6th 2018. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

volume has been steadily rising for months, which is usually a bullish indicator, right?

https://youtu.be/ml8eI0sKK_s

In the above video Boxmining shows how CMC volume data is very questionable and contradicts volume data from regulated US exchanges.

And more on that in this video: https://youtu.be/xaLqc3z53TU

Basically most of the volume on cmc is fake, and they cmc knows it. They recommend this website coinmarketbook.cc which uses a different metric.

Last edited: