• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
I think tethers are mostly responsible for the bullishness in the charts, but Tether use is showing no signs of slowing down. We have seen that provided that they aren't totally shutdown (as in their operations are fully seized by some enforcement action), then tethers are likely to be used to continue to pump the major crypto assets, even if there is more bad news surrounding Tether.
Until Tether situation does not get cleared up completely, I am not pouring another euro into crypto.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm when I had no money coins wanted to sleep like a bear but now I have money to waste shits want too moon.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Barring an actual Tether shutdown, to me the charts are suggesting a lot more upside to come for BTC and ETH. If BTC makes a move higher, watch carefully for a rejection around 13-14k for a possible drop to 9-10k. For ETH, a potential rejection area is anywhere above around $360. A dip from around 400 to around 350, or lower, would be pretty normal for this market. These possible dips could be viewed as buying opportunities.

I think tethers are mostly responsible for the bullishness in the charts, but Tether use is showing no signs of slowing down. We have seen that provided that they aren't totally shutdown (as in their operations are fully seized by some enforcement action), then tethers are likely to be used to continue to pump the major crypto assets, even if there is more bad news surrounding Tether.

A possible approach could be to just hold some of the major coins from now on, and give up on trading until either Tether totally goes away, or we're much higher than here. Trade/hold at your own risk.

ETH up around $40 since this post so far.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Until Tether situation does not get cleared up completely, I am not pouring another euro into crypto.

That's totally reasonable. In that case, consider maybe not watching crypto too closely, for your own well-being. Tether could face some enforcement action this Summer, or not for months or years still. It's impossible to say. A lot can happen between now and then.

Oct 28, 2017
Im trying really hard not not dump all my bullshit stocks and just load up on this bitcoin train. I'm not talking about a lot of money anyway so maybe I just go for it.

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to share this video from Bob Loukas, an experienced trader who has some interesting insights into bitcoin and its cycle. This video is the first of four I believe, but I recommend you start with this one. It's aimed at average Joe. Might be a bit old for some, but I learned a few things.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I present you this years BTC theme as it pumps back to ATH

I present you this years ALT theme as BTC destroys the alt market

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to share this video from Bob Loukas, an experienced trader who has some interesting insights into bitcoin and its cycle. This video is the first of four I believe, but I recommend you start with this one. It's aimed at average Joe. Might be a bit old for some, but I learned a few things.

Very interesting video, thanks for posting.

BTC going hog wild this past 24 hours.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
d11ff9b9d2961ebb29e60f2c61cec762341e33b9bcd083fb5ee2f6cefc990ac3_1.gif

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought a little bit of btc. First time back in the market since 01/18. Might as well make a few bucks if BTC is gonna head to a new ATH like its trending towards.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly lurk this thread as I had not been actively trading anything since selling most of my coins off before everything crashed, but it's kind of fun to see the activity spiking again over the last several weeks. I did buy back into ETH when it was around 150 a couple month me ago, so I'll be along for the ride.

Mipmap

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Damn I'm glad I didn't sell a few months ago. I almost sold thinking it would never recover. I've finally broken even from when I invested in 2017.
Hopefully it continues to climb and I can actually come out ahead.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
So... I'm back fam.

I think I'm gonna play the long game with altcoins this time. They have to hyperinflate at some point. As soon as it turns into silly season I'm gonna sell and go on a cruise or something.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like you were right. It got rejected just under 360. Now we wait and see.

I chart based on Coinbase Pro data, which hit 364, so amazingly this prediction was correct, as was my prediction to watch for a rejection on BTC in the 13-14k range. Coinbase hit a high of 13.8k. The rejections went deeper in a shorter time frame than I was expecting though.

It's hard to say whether they're done correcting. There is a reasonable chance that BTC has retraced enough already. If it breaks 11k, the next stop could be 9.5k. ETHUSD's low also bounced off a trendline, so it would be preferable from a bullish perspective not to dip much more. If BTC goes, ETH should go too. I don't think we have seen the highs for the year, but I couldn't say exactly what is most likely from here yet. Will need to watch it for a bit first.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I chart based on Coinbase Pro data, which hit 364, so amazingly this prediction was correct, as was my prediction to watch for a rejection on BTC in the 13-14k range. Coinbase hit a high of 13.8k. The rejections went deeper in a shorter time frame than I was expecting though.

It's hard to say whether they're done correcting. There is a reasonable chance that BTC has retraced enough already. If it breaks 11k, the next stop could be 9.5k. ETHUSD's low also bounced off a trendline, so it would be preferable from a bullish perspective not to dip much more. If BTC goes, ETH should go too. I don't think we have seen the highs for the year, but I couldn't say exactly what is most likely from here yet. Will need to watch it for a bit first.

Is 1800 BTC still possible? Or do you think that we will see a new high first? Many indicate that there are still new lows to come, while others praise a new bullrun. I don't know what to believe right now, as summer always tends to be a little bit bad for markets. Still, bakkt is right around the corner, and so maybe tether. Risking it or not...

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Is 1800 BTC still possible? Or do you think that we will see a new high first? Many indicate that there are still new lows to come, while others praise a new bullrun. I don't know what to believe right now, as summer always tends to be a little bit bad for markets. Still, bakkt is right around the corner, and so maybe tether. Risking it or not...

No one has any idea. Except maybe John McAfee.

lol

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So... I'm back fam.

I think I'm gonna play the long game with altcoins this time. They have to hyperinflate at some point. As soon as it turns into silly season I'm gonna sell and go on a cruise or something.
Did you buy before or after it tanked almost 25% today?

Last edited:

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello dear people! I'm interested on this thread! XD
Bought a small amount divided between BTC and ETH just to experiment and understand the dynamics.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Hello dear people! I'm interested on this thread! XD
Bought a small amount divided between BTC and ETH just to experiment and understand the dynamics.
You are already dead :P.
Cryptocurrency is pretty interesting, crazy, fun, and with lots of drama. Don't put your house or savings on the line though.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Thanks Donos! Already marked to read it later today.
Just one of the several recent cases of exchanges who got "hacked" and/or closed or exit scamed. Other examples are QuadrigaCX, Cryptopia, coinsmarkets, bitgrail to name a few. People who had coins there are fucked and lost it all.
Unless you are planing to daytrade (don't), move everything to a personal wallet (paper, desktop, mobile or hardware wallet) asap.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just one of the several recent cases of exchanges who got "hacked" and/or closed or exit scamed. Other examples are QuadrigaCX, Cryptopia, coinsmarkets, bitgrail to name a few. People who had coins there are fucked and lost it all.
Unless you are planing to daytrade (don't), move everything to a personal wallet (paper, desktop, mobile or hardware wallet) asap.

This is something I'm planning on doing over the weekend. I have most of my stuff on my desktop, but still a bunch on Coinbase and Binance.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018

Any suggestion for a personal wallet (desktop)?

Aren't coinbase the equivalent of a wallet?

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Any suggestion for a personal wallet (desktop)?

Aren't coinbase the equivalent of a wallet?
Coinbase, like all exchanges, has a wallet for every coin they list in your account. But while it's your account, if CB/exchange goes down or wallet has a month long maintenance or the exchange owner decides to withdraw everything to the caiman Islands, you don't have access to your coins. Would recommend to read up on all this carefully before investing your money.

Different coins have different personal wallets. For BTC and ETH there are hundreds of possibilities to choose (e.g. Exodus). Other coins often have one official desktop / mobile wallet and third party alternatives. Many have paper wallet solutions.

Trezor and ledger nano s/x are the most popular hardware wallets. Buy them only on official places. Also check their sites if your coin is supported.

Daedalifts

Dec 9, 2017
I use an old cell phone disconnected from the internet to cold store BSV. Works fine, as long as you use reputable wallets.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
I use an old cell phone disconnected from the internet to cold store BSV. Works fine, as long as you use reputable wallets.

Could I just install Exodus on an external hard drive that I just connect when I want to sell / trade / buy? Or if not possible on a drive, on a older computer that is almost always offline?

Daedalifts

Dec 9, 2017
Could I just install Exodus on an external hard drive that I just connect when I want to sell / trade / buy? Or if not possible on a drive, on a older computer that is almost always offline?

Never used Exodus, but assuming you control the keys then that will be fine. Desktop wallets are secure enough for most and keeping it offline is another layer of security. Its not a perfect cold wallet, some can be setup as if they have never been online, but unless you're dealing with mega amounts then I wouldn't worry.