• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
I almost have nothing in bitcoin anyway. I think there is more long term value in coins that have actual uses.

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Is this thread dead?
Is crypto dead?

Helloooooo...........

helllooooooooooo

Capitulation???????

One question before you go forever, worse to buy now or buy in Jan 2018?

BTC down 70%

Alts down 90%

Could go lower no doubt. BTC could go 1k. Alts could go 99%.

For me, I see a handfull of Alts still putting in work. DYOR because a small number of Alts are way, way ahead of where they were during the bullrun of 2017. Im going out on a limb and saying BTC and few Alts have a another hell of a bullrun in them. Blockchain aint no joke and some Alts are no joke. Bump this in 2 years since its been 2 years since 20k. Maybe Im wrong, maybe buy when others fearfull.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IOTA is still up thousands of percent from ICO price (ICO price under $ 0,001) iirc. Maybe that's also the reason for the big drop in the last few months. If you invested just $ 10.000,- back then you could still go home with more than a million.

Let that sink in, even after a 97% drop from ATH. And so are others. That should show everyone something.

Some Alts got the knife so hard, they'll never go back up. On the other hand, I'm 100% some will make it and will give back unbelievable ROI and will see a big usecase in the future.

ETH 2.0 did nothing for the price. BTC halving? If history repeats, the actual time it will go up will be way after that. LTC, as well as VTC (you remember that one?) broke down every single halving.

Right now, many coins - aside from ICO - are on their ATL. But who knows, right? Maybe now's the time, maybe not.

TBH, people that love BTC will have to put their money where their mouth is in relation to the halving. If BTC falls flat, dunno how attractive this will look like. Only my 2 cents. Moon of course.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
I agree Ryu

Those coins with actual use cases will see their value go up. The way money and exchanges work is changing. Nothing is sure of course. But I see no reason to sell at a loss. I'm keeping everything.

62800885fd2a766b4f0841c9586c74d26f9aa9a061d2cf713e989b5bac9ee82c.jpg

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Is this thread dead?
Is crypto dead?

Given the amount of interest here I'd say it's dormant at least. Dead at worst. I suspect there's going to be a bunch of bag holders (myself included) that will keep the price down by selling at the first sign of any significant increase. Though who knows what will prompt another increase and any form of significant volume at this point. Maybe the next recession.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
We haven't even scratched the surface of what mass adoption of these technologies would look like.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Yes it's anecdotal, but late '17 / early '18 I recall overhearing multiple strangers, colleagues and tables next to me at restaurants discussing bitcoin and/or crypto. It seemed big enough.

I'm not even talking about individuals investing and talking about crypto (even in that case, what % of the population actually own crypto?).

I'm talking about industries, banks, and governments using blockchains and crypto. We are just in the beginning.

Look at that Ethereum chart. Forget about that peak in 2017 which was pure bubble frenzy. In October 2015 processing just 6,000 transactions per day and in October 2019 it was 700,000 every single day! That is a 100x increase in daily transactions in just four short years, and it will only go up, if it's not Ether it will be Tezos or another system. But it will go up.

Many people will regret leaving this boat I think, but most people are so goddamn impatient and can't plan more than 3 weeks ahead. Again, don't put money you can't afford to lose into crypto. But think before you leave and sell at a loss...

O0W5ua7bqIgrOGgFJ4vCoJuZB7w1-8v9c3a5l

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
And why would these institutions with all their sunk investment and power in these sectors move their work to a public ledger?

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Banks can also do that with their own Blockchain and do not need to use a public one.
They can to settle transfers within their own organization, like JPMorgan is doing with US dollars only. They are trying to make their systems less clunky.

I'm not aware of private project similar to xRapid which can handle multiple currencies and cross-currency payments for now. JPMorgan may go this way in the future, although it remains to be seen if other private banks will want to use their solution... It is a possibilty. Time will tell.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ICO's are dead, they were a 2017 thing that were essentially peak bubble products that have no value.

And they are also securities

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Took a nap from crypto for a while but in the recent dip, i just poured hundred € in for shits and giggles. crazy how long ago that miracle run was already. Remember it pretty clearly when i was at a NYE party at a friend and the gains still went to the roof. Good times.

How's the patent doing at my boys at Xtrabytes? Edit: lool just went to their subreddit... and they are really celebrating patent pending status (as of 25th December 2019). WhatYearIsThis.jpg

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New ATH in 24h Crypto
fake
-Volume. Don't we all love to trade on Bibox, OKEx, BiKi, EXX, MXC, etc? lol...

Banglish

Banned
Dec 16, 2017
Was a little joke related to the constant "crashes", not to a dooming (final) end of crypto. TheLostBigBoss and a few others are in charge of that here. I'm rather optimistic :)
Ah you got me ;)

Cryptos/blockchains that have real life uses, that tackle real life problems will do fine I think. It may take a little longer until the market gets some sense.

I'm excited to see the tech that eventually comes out regarding security/ID processes, health industry efficiency, weapons/drug tracking, social networking and fraud + voter ID fraud prevention. That's a click-baity article though. He's not wrong that adoption needs to go further than just BTC as a speculation vehicle. But I think saying BTC is essentially a Pyramid Scheme is disingenuous. He has stake in BCH and it still really has not proven it's use value.

Last edited:

Banglish

Banned
Dec 16, 2017
It's working on proof or work protocol (consumes too much energy, not environmentally friendly), and it doesn't scale up. Also there are few use cases for Bitcoin. It's unsustainable.

That makes sense. If something is to replace it, you think an acute problem would have to occur first to make that happen? Or it'll organically happen overtime through iteration. Or will it just become a store of value, such as gold, not used for daily transactions.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
That makes sense. If something is to replace it, you think an acute problem would have to occur first to make that happen? Or it'll organically happen overtime through iteration. Or will it just become a store of value, such as gold, not used for daily transactions.

I don't know... I think no one really does. But I think it may do like the other time, shoot up, then network limits and issues will bring it back down. Better protocols are coming and honestly I don't believe it has a chance of supplanting current monetary systems like maximalists are saying. They will say the lightning network will solve all the problems, but I don't think it will solve all Bitcoins problems, and other, better coins will be able to use it anyway (if they ever get it to work and get around the regulations).

Bitcoin should fail only on it's terrible energy consumption.

How could something so volatile, that has no use case / mass adoption and not backed by major players could become a store of value?

Banglish

Banned
Dec 16, 2017
I don't know... I think no one really does. But I think it may do like the other time, shoot up, then network limits and issues will bring it back down. Better protocols are coming and honestly I don't believe it has a chance of supplanting current monetary systems like maximalists are saying. They will say the lightning network will solve all the problems, but I don't think it will solve all Bitcoins problems, and other, better coins will be able to use it anyway (if they ever get it to work and get around the regulations).

Bitcoin should fail only on it's terrible energy consumption.

How could something so volatile, that has no use case / mass adoption and not backed by major players could become a store of value?

Aren't current fiat stock exchanges inherently volatile? In terms of use cases, there has already been noted transactions like the one in 2019 of a 95000 BTC ($1B USD), for a transaction fee of $700. I think that paints a pretty clear utility for it. "Grayscale's BTC trust of $471M has approximately 71% of it's funds sourced from traditional hedge funds, pensions, and endowments. Grayscale stock is the fifth most owned stock next to facebook, tesla, apple and amazon among millennials."

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
I don't have time to read your article for now, but IMO the example your posted will be killed by regulations which are sure to come in the future.

Also other coins/systems will transfer money much more efficiently than bitcoin in the future.

Banglish

Banned
Dec 16, 2017
I don't have time to read your article for now, but IMO the example your posted will be killed by regulations which are sure to come in the future.

Also other coins/systems will transfer money much more efficiently than bitcoin in the future.

I'm wondering how regulations will even be imposed with decentralized ledgers and extra-national cryptocurrencies. That's a phenomenal internationally coordinated effort. I don't doubt there will be/are faster coins for transfer. But that doesn't disqualify BTC of it's value, currently acting as "digital gold".

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
So, Ripple doing an IPO in one year, is floating around. If it's successful and they burn a lot of their XRP stock like Stellar Lumens, people will get hyped to no end.

Or it could go the complete other way:

XRP has long been critiqued as simply a fundraising mechanism for Ripple, and the latest news regarding the company's potential IPO has led some analysts and investors to note that the company may not need to build utility around XRP after they list on the public markets.

Cantering Clark, a popular cryptocurrency analyst on Twitter, called Garlinghouse's recent comments the "ultimate fade" on investors in the embattled token. He facetiously noted:

"[Brad Garlinghouse] just pulled the ultimate fade on $XRP holders… Oh, uh guys, yeah we are actually going to IPO now, and offer shares that carry equity..so,…uh….about those coins. (Obsolete)"

Last edited:

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm excited to see the tech that eventually comes out regarding security/ID processes, health industry efficiency, weapons/drug tracking, social networking and fraud + voter ID fraud prevention.

So Icon basically...

Saramin, a KOSDAQ listed company with millions in revenue reported in 2019 will be using broof to verify and issue work certificates. Saramin has also recently joined the My-ID Alliance. #ICONProject #ICON #ICX

POSTECH to Issue Graduate Diplomas on ICON with broof | RHIZOME

ICX realworld adoption is growing and growing. Also announced partnership with Chainlink for oracle solutiuons. The price will catch up sooner or later.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
So, Ripple doing an IPO in one year, is floating around. If it's successful and they burn a lot of their XRP stock like Stellar Lumens, people will get hyped to no end.

Or it could go the complete other way:

I call bullshit on this. It's still in the interest of Ripple for the value of XRP to go up since they hold a lot.
Also an ICO doesn't change the XRP utility - which is tied to the XRP ledger / xCurrent / xRapid. At the end of the day, use case/real world utility will decide the token price.

Damn does Ripple get a lot of hate out there. Bitcoin maximalists can't stop hating on them.