• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
They just dropped the news on their Facebook page.

fb_img_1594401697147znki9.jpg

Dear Crysis Fans,

You may have seen our last update about the Crysis Remastered release, and we have good news for you:

We can confirm that Crysis will still be coming to Nintendo Switch on July 23rd!

Watch this space for further updates on Crysis Remastered.

Team Crysis

www.crysis.com

There's new gameplay videos (actually gifs) on the website.

They also confirmed gyro aiming for the Switch version, which is a great addition in my humble opinion.

Thanks Firefly !

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018
I guess there's not much more they can do with that version compared to the others. Was considering that version anyway so long as the performance is solid.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
If they delayed the other versions for the reasons everyone thinks they did, there's probably not much point in holding back the Switch version if Crytek thinks it looks as good as it's ever gonna.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
So Fart it out with none of the fixes and improvements that where hopefully planned? No point in investing further into it shows some fantastic faith in the product

GrazGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I dunno. If the other versions went back in the oven due to feedback are they just gonna say this version will do? I'm in anyway.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also lots of footage on the website and for a switch version it does look pretty impressive
no clue why people are trying to act worried again about this fact

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
If they delayed the other versions for the reasons everyone thinks they did, there's probably not much point in holding back the Switch version if Crytek thinks it looks as good as it's ever gonna.

Thats what I'm thinking they're going to ramp up the graphics as much they can for the stronger systems but switch is already pushed enough. I'm def getting it for the switch along with my Xbox

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That is weird, whatever issue they had with the game doesnt affect the Switch?
4K assets or whatever?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
It's logical that the graphics sliders hit the wall on the Switch way sooner than the other versions.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
There's video of the switch version out there already and it looks good.

To my eyes, anyway.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they know there is no room to improve the Switch version so might as well just release it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
ALL PLATFORMS DELAYED TO ENSURE A HIGH QUALITY CRYSIS EXPERIENCE!*

*except for Switch, that version just is what it is, take it or leave it.

OhMyZach

Oct 27, 2017
The Switch version looked fine, so Im not sure what people were wanting. I can understand the delay for the other versions, since those could use some more improvements.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
The other versions had more room for improvement to have more graphic effects.

On Switch you really hit the ceiling earlier so you can't work on adding more stuff.

Yeah if it's purely graphical improvements then there's really not much extra that can be done for the switch.

It's a good portable console but the graphical capabilities are the expected trade off.

Dec 25, 2018
There's video of the switch version out there already and it looks good.

To my eyes, anyway.
theres some clips on the Crysis website that are labelled as being captured on switch. It seems to be a far cry from The Outer Worlds port at first glance.

Crysis Remastered | FPS, Video Games | Crytek

Crysis, a critically acclaimed tactical FPS game, adds new graphic features, high-quality textures, & for the first time API-agnostic ray tracing solution.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how anyone can say this looks bad on Switch. It's one of the stranger takes I've seen recently.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I mean in regards to how weird the messaging was. At first it was going to be a download code in the box, then suddenly they decided to put in on a cartridge instead.
That's just marketing talking. The released rceryhing on cart with lower res texturesm There is still a day 1 download for higher res textures for outer worlds. And apparently a patch is coming to iron out performance. This isnt the same situation

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Switch footage looked impressive to me, considering it's running on a handheld.

And for the thousandth time, it's not a port of the 360 version people!

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
theres some clips on the Crysis website that are labelled as being captured on switch. It seems to be a far cry from The Outer Worlds port at first glance.

Crysis Remastered | FPS, Video Games | Crytek

Crysis, a critically acclaimed tactical FPS game, adds new graphic features, high-quality textures, & for the first time API-agnostic ray tracing solution.

That looks great. Top tier graphics? No, but very good. Like early PS4/Xbox One levels. Far better than the switches other fps's, I'll say that much.

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
Hell, if I only got the 360 port with some updated controls on the go I would still be happy. I just love the idea of playing Crysis on switch. Any graphical icing on the cake or reintroduction if the vtol mission is just gravy.

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
huh I just saw this on the e-shop this morning perusing the coming soon section and thought to myself "wait this was confirmed for switch?"

I am not the biggest Crysis fan but in for gyro!!

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Is this their way of saying that they aren't even going to bother trying to make the Switch version good?
Well how could they? It's like some other remasters where the Switch version is basically more of a "port" and the other platforms are actually remastered.

AC3 wasn't really remastered on Switch but it did include the updated HUD and qol of changes as an example.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
They are probably at the point where they can get the switch version to look any better.

Oct 25, 2017
Well how could they? It's like some other remasters where the Switch version is basically more of a "port" and the other platforms are actually remastered.

AC3 wasn't really remastered on Switch but it did include the updated HUD and qol of changes as an example.

Presumably when they announced the delay the thought they could do something, or else they probably would have specified the versions that would be held back and that the Switch version was as good as they could make it. After taking a look at it, they've presumably determined it's "good enough." I actually have no idea if it is or isn't, because I'm not sure what the expectations here are for it nor have I seen any videos of it. I only know that, by and large, people seemed to be unhappy with what they showed, hence the delay.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Presumably when they announced the delay the thought they could do something, or else they probably would have specified the versions that would be held back and that the Switch version was as good as they could make it. After taking a look at it, they've presumably determined it's "good enough." I actually have no idea if it is or isn't, because I'm not sure what the expectations here are for it nor have I seen any videos of it. I only know that, by and large, people seemed to be unhappy with what they showed, hence the delay.
People didn't seem unhappy with the switch footage as I remember. It was the PC footage people were unhappy with.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017

It's not a port. Most remasters on Switch are based on the remasters adjusted for Switch. Even Skyrim didnt use the last gencode and was based on the SE release that same year.

The only one that I can remember is No no Kuni on Switch where Switch got the last gennport and PS4 the remaster, but it was never advertised as a remaster