Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1500x500

Crysis Remastered | FPS, Video Games | Crytek

Crysis, a critically acclaimed tactical FPS game, adds new graphic features, high-quality textures, & for the first time API-agnostic ray tracing solution.

Press Release

Crytek announces Crysis Remastered

Crytek to release a remaster of Crysis 1 for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch this summer

Thursday, April 16, 2020 — The classic first person shooter is back with the action-packed gameplay, sandbox world, and thrilling epic battles players loved the first time around – with remastered graphics and optimizations for a new generation of hardware co-developed on CRYENGINE with Saber Interactive. Starting this summer, Crysis Remastered will be available for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and for Nintendo Switch.

Crysis Remastered will focus on the original game's single-player campaigns and is slated to contain high-quality textures and improved art assets, an HD texture pack, temporal anti-aliasing, SSDO, SVOGI, state-of-the-art depth fields, new light settings, motion blur, and parallax occlusion mapping, particle effects will also be added where applicable. Further additions such as volumetric fog and shafts of light, software-based ray tracing, and screen space reflections provide the game with a major visual upgrade.

"We are excited to be working on the Crysis franchise again, and to bring all the Crysis fans a remaster worthy of their passion for the game," said Crytek CEO Avni Yerli. "It's an exciting opportunity to be able to bring Crysis back to PCs and current consoles – even Nintendo Switch! – so that a whole new generation of players can experience the thrill of a battle in the Nanosuit."

In Crysis 1, what begins as a simple rescue mission becomes the battleground of a new war as alien invaders swarm over a North Korean island chain. Armed with a powerful Nanosuit, players can become invisible to stalk enemy patrols, or boost strength to lay waste to vehicles. The Nanosuit's speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight, while a huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style. In the ever-changing environment, adapt tactics and gear to dominate your enemies, in an enormous sandbox world.

giphy.gif
shrinehdjfy.png
giphy.gif

Last edited:

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see footage of the Switch version and see how blurry it is lol. Will probably get the Switch version but sucks there's no Warhead

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
Any Next Gen plans as well? Cuz I will totally buy this on a next-gen console at 4K 60fps.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they're going to offer people that already own this on Steam, Origin or GOG any kind of discount.

Or are they just going to direct people towards the Epic Game Store.

Fingers crossed for the former.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Man it's been a real rollercoaster of developments/threads the last two days or so.

Anyway, looking forward to some actual gameplay footage.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder why after the long wait they are doing it now so shortly before next gen. They could've made even bigger strides then. But maybe they also plan a version for PS5/SeriesX...

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
SW-based RT and SVOGI are interesting, but that screams "30 fps" on console to me. I suppose that shouldn't be surprising, but it undercuts the value a tad. Hopefully they do the sensible thing and provide PS5/XBX patches.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
doesn't look interesting, more like one of those remasters that comes out and people forget that it even came out

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
No EA? I was hoping this would spring life to Dead Space, but I guess Crytek got the franchise back from EA or something.

Oct 29, 2017
I really wonder why after the long wait they are doing it now so shortly before next gen. They could've made even bigger strides then. But maybe they also plan a version for PS5/SeriesX...
While the effects still hold up, the geometry of the game was not too crazy. I think it wouldn't be that flattering for the game to launch alongside next gen titles unless they redid most if not all of the assets, which I don't think is the case here.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
That was a crappy teaser trailer.

Still, excited to give this a go. I've only played Crysis 2 and 3.