• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
crysisremasredsteamregionalprices.png

While their EGS exclusivity did sour me personally, I do think that its great to see a AAA game following Valve's Recommended Prices to the point at launch. The remastered version also has STEAM Achievements unlike the OG version. Also you get a further 30% off aside from the 20% off launch discount if you own the OG Crysis.

Source:
Crysis Remastered SteamDB prices Page

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Thinking about buying because looks too good to be true and it may be changed...

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
It's cheaper in this bundle if you already own Hunt: Showdown

store.steampowered.com

Steam Store

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
It may not be a mistake, but it might be changed if the game sells relatively well. Hunt's regional pricing went to shit after the game blew up (e.g. +150% in Argentina and +86% in Russia).

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
It may not be a mistake, but it might be changed if the game sells relatively well. Huntdown's regional pricing went to shit after the game blew up (e.g. +150% in Argentina).
Yeah i remember that. It changed here as well. Its so stupid to up the price. Like people are actually buying it more BECAUSE its affordable. Why do a 'F You got mine' thing after a lot of people have bought a game..

Last edited:

Bulletzen

Oct 30, 2017
Is this not supposed to be a bit shit? Bad performance and it used it's base assets from the Xbox 360 version?

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I never played Crysis before but what's the consensus of this remaster? does it have Alex's seal of approval now?
I watched the DF reviews but i think they released a few fixes/qol improvements afterwards iirc, i'm a bit out of the loop right now.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, how is this these days? I vaguely remember initial impressions on release being... not good.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Yeah, how is this these days? I vaguely remember initial impressions on release being... not good.
Afaik, it was patched quite a few times post launch but overall it is the game ported over from the 360/PS3 version of the OG game. It also has achievements on PC unlike the OG crysis.

They also added in the ascension VTOL level i think

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
and this is why i use US account on ps5 / xbox instead of euro. Not the cheapeast but far far cheaper

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Yeah i remember that. It changed here as well. Its so stupid to up the price. Like people are actually buying it more BECAUSE its affordable. Why do a a 'F You got mine' thing after a lot of people have bought a game..

Oh, believe me, the VPN boogeyman has frustrated me ever since Valve began its hard crackdown a couple of years ago (in fact, in attempting to track down a relevant post, I found we've talked about this before, haha), and I even recently implored an Era indie dev to change his pricing that was clearly influenced by that nonsense. He didn't acquiesce but did pledge to revisit things once he had some hard data to draw from, which is fair enough.

Edit: I should also add that Valve has since added a three-month cooldown between region changes regardless of validity and has disabled cross-region Steam Wallet gifting to accounts known to engage in cross-region purchasing. It's as dead as the dodo at this point.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Worth getting over a modded Crysis? I'm curious about the Ray tracing and DLSS.

I never played Crysis before but what's the consensus of this remaster? does it have Alex's seal of approval now?
I watched the DF reviews but i think they released a few fixes/qol improvements afterwards iirc, i'm a bit out of the loop right now.

It's a little tricky. This version of Crysis 1 is definitely the best performing, but there are some caveats: there is evidence of lowered enemy counts as compared to the original PC release (this is due to this version being based on the console release instead of the original PC release); vegetation and certain object no longer react to explosions (unlike the original PC release); vegetation physics, when shot by bullets, animates at a hard capped 30 fps (it may actually be lower), many of the original PC version's volumetric effects have not been restored; much of the actual game and AI logic are still highly single threaded; the general color grading and lighting style of the game has changed, which causes some of the source art (especially for characters) to look worse at times as they haven't been redone to look good with the new lighting and color grading; I believe leaning is still missing; and there are a bunch of other minor features that are missing compared to the original PC release.

With the above being said, this current version of the port is at the point where it plays well and consistently performs much better than the original version. I think buying this version is fine, it's just not exactly equivalent to the original PC release of the game yet in terms of features. Not sure if the team plans on addressing every issue though, but they seems to still be committed to improving the Remaster.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
It's a little tricky. This version of Crysis 1 is definitely the best performing, but there are some caveats: there is evidence of lowered enemy counts as compared to the original PC release (this is due to this version being based on the console release instead of the original PC release); vegetation and certain object no longer react to explosions (unlike the original PC release); vegetation physics, when shot by bullets, animates at a hard capped 30 fps (it may actually be lower), many of the original PC version's volumetric effects have not been restored; much of the actual game and AI logic are still highly single threaded; the general color grading and lighting style of the game has changed, which causes some of the source art (especially for characters) to look worse at times as they haven't been redone to look good with the new lighting and color grading; I believe leaning is still missing; and there are a bunch of other minor features that are missing compared to the original PC release.

With the above being said, this current version of the port is at the point where it plays well and consistently performs much better than the original version. I think buying this version is fine, it's just not exactly equivalent to the original PC release of the game yet in terms of features. Not sure if the team plans on addressing every issue though, but they seems to still be committed to improving the Remaster.
Thanks a lot, it's more or less what i remember but i think you can lean now.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
With the latest update a d using DLSS this game is still a stuttering mess on my 3070. I would avoid it.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I have the original Crysis on steam but it isn't showing any extra discount. :(

Dumb question time:

- Are you sure you're viewing the store page while logged in? Your browser session may have expired.
- Are you seeing 50% off? That's inclusive of the loyalty discount.

Not-so-dumb question time:

- Which licence do you have? You can check this by entering steam://open/console into your browser, inputting licenses_for_app 17300, and noting the "packageID" (you have may have more than one). E.g.:

] licenses_for_app 17300
License packageID 988:
- State : Active (flags 0x200) - Purchased : Sat May 7 01:35:06 2011 in "AU", Credit Card

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If you own the original game and Hunt: Showdown, you can get this for a pittance. Do it!
With the latest update a d using DLSS this game is still a stuttering mess on my 3070. I would avoid it.
Crysis, and this remaster, is a single threaded game that only uses two cores. You're going to be hitting a wall with performance no matter what, unfortunately.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
If you own the original game and Hunt: Showdown, you can get this for a pittance. Do it!

Crysis, and this remaster, is a single threaded game that only uses two cores. You're going to be hitting a wall with performance no matter what, unfortunately.
Apparently Crytek is still trying to improve single threaded performance for C:R, so it's possible that the game will get better yet. Source is from a Digital Foundry Crysis 2 video somewhat recently, sorry no link.

wellpapp

Aug 21, 2018
Gothenburg
3080 and 2021 and still this game can't get stable 60fps, even non-ultra settings. Sound is a bit bugged aswell, mixing seems real bad and music/sounds are cutting out now and then.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
Just bought for $15 in U.S. cause I already owned Crysis 1 on Steam. Back on release I bought a box copy (probably from Best Buy?) but tossed it when the game first hit Steam.

I've always really loved the way the first half of this game plays. Like I wish more games would have went in this direction. I remember a GFW podcast (why so low?) where they talked about sandbox games like this and Stalker that had so much optional just land/area/square footage that didn't even seem specifically designed for you to use to solve combat (e.g. like in an immersive sim) but you could choose to use or might just entirely miss out on. Far Cry 2 was kind of like this too but that had a bit more early open-world tropes.

Story and characters are super dumb though but hey who cares.

Edit: it's also kind of calming/peaceful to play in an open space without a bunch of collectibles everywhere. I'm getting old.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish I could enjoy this remaster, despite all the patches since release, it still just feels "off" to me.