• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
fv2rnxH.png

8WWdsTw.png

TST3Ars.png

iHtgbzY.png

7u8LjQ6.png

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Stellar job on this OP!

Is there a demo of this game? Hoping to do a little try before I buy.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Stellar job on this OP!

Is there a demo of this game? Hoping to do a little try before I buy.
Sorry, but I don't know of any demo. I'd love to be wrong but as far as I know its full purchase only.

If you've ever played Puzzle Fighter though you've tried it. Basically connect Crystals and drop Spark Crystals on em to burst em. Shattering Crystals drop a 1 to 1 ratio of Countdown Crystals on the opponent. However if you had a Crystal Cluster (a big crystal made of one color 2x2 or bigger) you get a x2 bonus to your Countdown Crystal amounts. You also got multipliers for creating combos to the amount of Countdown Crystals you'd drop as well. All thats the same as puzzle fighter really.

The big difference is edge wrap and BURSTS!

Some characters have 3 meters and can do smaller or larger versions of their bursts. Some have one large meter and have to fill it all the way up before they can use their bursts because they are really powerful (like Akuji). I made sure in the Pattern/Burst list to put blue bars by the portraits indicating who has what kind of meter setup for their bursts.

I seriously encourage folks to get this game. Its worth the full price of admission. Story mode has multiple endings and branching paths to choose from so you can run into different folks each run! Plus you unlock characters from the list as you go as well as modes. Its pretty addictive to grind. Seriously...if you got the cash get this. It feels so much more smooth to play and polished than Puzzle Fighter. Its the game fans of that series have been deserving for years.

Last edited:

strideredge

Oct 25, 2017
Its good and pretty much puzzle fighter with a few new extras. The load times on the switch are really bad.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm really liking the game, but boy am I terrible at it. I wish there were more difficulty settings, because with most characters the computer just completely outclasses me.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's lovely and really addicting.

Load times (at least on switch) are oddly long, but the only time they've really bothered me was after losing a real close match and wanting to retry immediately. Maybe it's something they can improve.

It really is a great game, though. Can see myself playing it for some time.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I am enjoying this game, but it keeps crashing on my Switch. Beyond that, I wasn't able to find an online match the other day. I am starting to regret not purchasing it on the PS4...

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Crystal Crisis is now $25 on Amazon and at Best Buy.

Plus its hitting PC on steam July 31st for $19.99 but if you pre order it'll only be $14.99

Never a better time to jump in on this absolute gem folks. Tell your friends and get ready to enjoy some vicious vs puzzle fighting. I'm likely gonna double dip on this so I can have it via steam so I can play it portable on my GPD win.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Finally returned to this game from launch and finally unlocked every character and stage. I'm starting to play with Bursts, and it made Survival so much easier to contend with. Beat Story mode twice as well for now. Gonna try to do the achievements by playing through arcade a bunch.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently another mode exists in this game as an Easter egg. A hidden zombie apocalypse themed version of survival mode.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
Since it's on sale right now and I'm very much into puzzle games... how're the colorblind options? Specifically, do they have texture or format options?
For reference, the only way I can play Puyo Puyo is using the sonic skin displayed below on the left... in other words, if the colorblind options in Crystal Crisis only amount to different colors then I'm screwed regardless.
C-RfKU_XYAAuOZ6

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's on sale right now and I'm very much into puzzle games... how're the colorblind options? Specifically, do they have texture or format options?
For reference, the only way I can play Puyo Puyo is using the sonic skin displayed below on the left... in other words, if the colorblind options in Crystal Crisis only amount to different colors then I'm screwed regardless.
C-RfKU_XYAAuOZ6
It's an on or off option and heres is the palette it uses. Sorry. Cant find any other options for colorblind mode to tweak shape.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
It's an on or off option and heres is the palette it uses. Sorry. Cant find any other options for colorblind mode to tweak shape.

I see 3 different colors. Is that the correct amount? If so, then yay!

How many different colors are there at any one time in the game? I'm reading up and there seems to be a "choose your own palette" type option, which would do it for me in theory depending on the possible choices.
I only struggle with red/green spectrum and shades of blue (purple, violet and blue are usually indistinguishable at first glance for me). Also and most weirdly of all (or so they tell me)... pink and grey.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I see 3 different colors. Is that the correct amount? If so, then yay!

How many different colors are there at any one time in the game? I'm reading up and there seems to be a "choose your own palette" type option, which would do it for me in theory depending on the possible choices.
I only struggle with red/green spectrum and shades of blue (purple, violet and blue are usually indistinguishable at first glance for me). Also and most weirdly of all (or so they tell me)... pink and grey.
Theres 4 colors there. I stacked em all on the left side. In Order from top its green purple yellow blue.

Here is the palette options. These are in extras. Not options.

I think the palette la eked Curly may be distinct enough. Can you see 4 clear colors on any of these options?

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
Theres 4 colors there. I stacked em all on the left side. In Order from top its green purple yellow blue.

Here is the palette options. These are in extras. Not options.

I think the palette la eked Curly may be distinct enough. Can you see 4 clear colors on any of these options?

WTF, the colorblind set is by far the worst one. Oo

Not to worry, though, tha "Aban" and "Quote" sets work perfectly for me! Thank you so very much, will buy it because of your effort!

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
WTF, the colorblind set is by far the worst one. Oo

Not to worry, though, tha "Aban" and "Quote" sets work perfectly for me! Thank you so very much, will buy it because of your effort!
No problem! This game is a real treat and anything I can do to help folks get to experience it is fine by me.

Btw...theres a color palette based on EVERYCHARACTER. Not just those few. Check the vid

Also complete customization as well

Last edited:

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
No problem! This game is a real treat and anything I can do to help folks get to experience it is fine by me.
You have no idea how "big" of a deal this is for me. I've always very much loved Puzzle Fighter since I was little but have always been completely unable to play it so this game has been on my radar ever since release.

The darndest thing is that I just missed the sale since it ended literally an hour ago. -.-'
Teethering on the edge on whether to buy it or not, money's gonna be tight as hell until covid goes away. =/

swimming

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
holy shit idk how ive missed this game but i've been looking for a puzzle fighter like for so long.

is this 60fps on PS4 vs 30fps on switch? trying to decide between the two versions.