• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In a lengthy statement by Scot Amos given to Kotaku, Scoty Amos says they're confident players will return, they're still working on stuff, and also that they are still listening.

To our players: every day we fight to make the best game possible for our community. We have a great community management team at Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix who funnel all of your concerns, suggestions, and feedback to the development team daily. We are listening. We are making fixes, improvements, and additions as fast as we safely can to make Marvel's Avengers the game we all aspire it to be.

As such, we have a number of new content pieces coming in the weeks ahead including: a totally new War Zone mission type called Tachyon Rifts, a new Outpost that's a jumping off point for new story missions in the future, and AIM's Cloning Lab, which requires a coordinated high-level group of four players to beat with new top-end loot rewards for finishing it. And in each of these updates we do tuning and bug fixing to enhance the overall experience.

In addition, we've announced two new Heroes coming in the near future: Kate Bishop in Operation: Taking AIM, and after that the double-feature Operation starring Clint Barton… this is the "two Hawkeyes" we mentioned in the last War Table. These new Operations pick up right from where the main Reassemble campaign ended in the core game and will propel the overall world story forward with new mysteries and villains, as well as new multi-player content.

Lastly, we will continue to add new content to the game in the coming months as we address issues and overall game balance, including loot distribution and quality of life features everyone is clamoring for to improve our day-to-day experience from accessibility to co-op communication tools to balancing the economy!

We are confident that we'll see PC players (as well as those on Xbox One and PlayStation 4) return to the game as we add exciting new late-game content and demonstrate that we continue to be focused on improving the game.

We'll have more information and details about the very near content drops in a blog scheduled for next week and we have new community communication initiatives coming soon to even more directly share fun and useful information with you.

Thank you for coming with us on this journey to truly realize the best of what Marvel's Avengers can become.

More takes at the article.

kotaku.com

Crystal Dynamics Claims Relief In Sight For Bored Avengers Players

It’s been a little over a month since Square Enix launched Marvel’s Avengers, and players are getting tired of running the same missions with the same characters ad infinitum. We need new content. New enemies. New game mechanics. Crystal Dynamics studio head Scot Amos says more content...

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I'm not coming back until Hawkeye. I'll do the one mission for him and then stop playing again.

Jul 10, 2020
Not the most encouraging first statement about the game since launch..

No sales. No fluff PR...

"They'll come back" - First statement.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How about implement crossplay if you want to see people returning?

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Is it normal for a new game like this to have an audience drop, then have them return?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We're listening"

Seems like the problem is that the players have stopped talking and just moved on to something else.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
tenor.gif

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Working your ass off on a live game and seeing player numbers drop off must be soul crushing...

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't touched the game in two weeks. CD's communication with the player base is non-existent and everything in this statement is info we've known already. People are still waiting for the roadmap that they promised in the War Table from early September.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
The leaks have made the new missions sound real boring, and I can't think of a less interesting way to start a rollout of new heroes than two Hawkeyes

I'm glad I didn't cave on this at launch, it sounds like it's going to hit some major discounts real fast

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what would bring me back outside of some massive expansion with cosmic stuff ranging from Captain Marvel to the Guardians of the Galaxy and areas on other planets, but they're probably going to save all that stuff for the sequel right?

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I see they're taking the Anthem approach and not the No Man's Sky approach.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
It's Anthem all over again.

Crystal Dynamics is a very talented studio, but they check every single mistake in the "live game" checklist. It'll be a very steep way for them to get this game to be long term successful.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Was Anthem situation this bad or at least it took longer to get to that point? PC and Xbox players are just waiting for the release of spidy.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just add crossplay for fucks sake, should've been in the game day 1 anyway

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just tell us when to expect Black Panther, already. Nobody is coming back to a dead game to play as two goddamn Hawkeyes in a row.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting really close to just uninstalling it on PS4.

At this rate I think getting Kate Bishop at the next-gen version launch is a optimistic outlook.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Who the hell releases a GaaS nowadays without a fully functional and stocked end game ready to go?

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
We'll have more information and details about the very near content drops in a blog scheduled for next week and we have new community communication initiatives coming soon to even more directly share fun and useful information with you.

This really isn't good enough and I don't trust that even this won't get delayed.

I have a bad feeling new content could be getting pushed back until the next gen launch the way things are going.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i feel sorry for crystal, such a good dev, please go back to tomb raider or legacy of kain

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I sold the game off after beating the campaign and recouped 90% of the money I spent, I'm good Cruystal Dynamics.

No interest in coming back at all.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
That blog better have firm dates. They been saying "weeks ahead" since fucking launch.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unless they are going to fix the gameplay loop, enemies, locations, and loot system then make it all F2P and also make it fun to play with friends, I don't think things will happen like they think it will lol

I feel really bad about being so negative and pessimistic about this game, but from the second it was revealed it just screamed mediocre.

Also making two Hawkeyes the first two post-launch characters is a bad decision.

There is still hope for this game, but right now it's a hard sell to people when there are more fun and interesting games already out or coming out. Maybe they can make this a Fortnite situation rather than an Anthem one if they do things right lol

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
When there's content, of course. It's just pretty barren despite the fun gameplay.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I mean, I hope he's right, but I won't believe him until he proves they really have something big and substantial to make people come back.