• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Crysis Remastered | FPS, Video Games | Crytek

Crysis, a critically acclaimed tactical FPS game, adds new graphic features, high-quality textures, & for the first time API-agnostic ray tracing solution.

The Crysis website shows an animated version of this image. The Crysis social media pages also link to the website and showcase this image. So, Crysis remaster inbound? New game? Do any of you care? Why is it just me? Hello?
91241574_10159870768957501_3467809087880691712_o.jpg

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

EA could possibly be remastering Crysis

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/dp3jmk/ea_have_promised_exciting_remasters_of_fan/ From this redditor had brought up an interesting thing about the direction EA is taking recently. Especially with this recent announcement...

People noticed.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Crysis Remaster? PS5 and XSX getting obsolete that quickly?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I thought it was confirmed to be an April Fools joke...the HTML source code contains the following meta keywords: Crysis, FPS, Crytek, Video game, April Fool, launch

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Crysis was a nice show piece for tech, but I never actually found it fun to play at all.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
lots of little pieces coming together in a weird way for it not to be an AF joke. people say the latest Cryengine video showcases Crysis in a form that's never been seen

the HTML source code contains the following meta keywords: Crysis, FPS, Crytek, Video game, April Fool, launch

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the HTML source code contains the following meta keywords: Crysis, FPS, Crytek, Video game, April Fool, launch
yes I know, but a video from March 24th has people speculating.

stamped at 2:20

I'm not calling it either way yet because I find the situation curious.

Oct 24, 2019
Question about Crysis from someone who doesn't really know anything about it.

Is the story/gameplay at all worthwhile? I literally only ever see this game discussed for graphics, which is weird that other aspects don't even get a passing mention

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
LoL looks like JigglesBunny got punk'd.

FWIW, I recall, an actual CryEngine tech demo did recently feature a portion of the OG Crysis' opening level.
If an animated gif of a Crysis suit in an airplane is their idea of an April Fool's joke, humor clearly isn't their maximum strength.

Is the story/gameplay at all worthwhile? I literally only ever see this game discussed for graphics, which is weird that other aspects don't even get a passing mention
The gameplay is a blast. The story is a farce.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
User Warned - Driveby posting
Wouldn't really care to be honest. Do people honestly still care over this uninspired franchise?

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't really care to be honest. Do people honestly still care over this uninspired franchise?
The first 2/3 of Crysis is the greatest first person shooter game ever made.

Especially the Assault and Onslaught levels were the greatest gameplay of any FPS ever.

Playing those levels on Delta difficulty is the epitome of FPS gameplay.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

First parts of Crysis can be fun, at the macro level you may tackle objectives from any angle in what is a very large sandbox level, and micro level there is predator vs prey styled gameplay. You can approach the objectives stealthily, guns blazing, or a mix. Story is trash and the game does take a dive when the aliens are introduced, though I think the set pieces were neat in 2007.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I thought Crysis was a goofy game forum meme, I never got the impression many people actually care about the franchise.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
I always wanted to try the first Crysis, but never got around to it. These days, I'd only pick it up if it got a console release.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd just like to say April Fools used to be a halfway decent prank holiday before companies hijacked it to make consumers bicker over weather this is "a joke or not."

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't even seem like a surprise or anything, would be cool for a week and then people would forget that it even came out.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Lost interest with their campaigns, but I would be up for their multiplayer in a heartbeat. 2 was super underrated.

All the games were at least 5 years ahead of their time graphically. The first was like 10.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017

The game has come pretty great semi-open sandbox gameplay, almost a little bit like a action-focused immersive sim at points, and the jungle environment you find yourself in for much of the game gives it some pretty unique level design and gameplay opportunities you don't really find in many other FPS games, especially at the time when most FPS's were still corridor shooters.

People came for the graphics, but the gameplay was pretty darn great as well.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I always liked the original design of the Nanosuit from Crysis 1 over the overly buff design from Crysis 2 and beyond. Never quite understood why that change was made?

I would love for their to be a true remaster on the latest Cryengine though. Would also be great if it were easily modable too!

Oct 31, 2019
Crysis was a great FPS game man. It was the first time I felt I could approach mission objectives from any perspective and from anywhere. From the start you could go climb the mountain and marvel at the beautiful vistas.

Edit: Forgot my take on this hahaha I would be down for a REMAKE, would buy it eyes closed.