• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2018/07/20618/

Updated Steam and CS:GO account restrictions for users in Netherlands and Belgium:
  • Steam Trading and Steam Market features are now re-enabled for Steam accounts in Netherlands.
  • Customers in Netherlands and Belgium will be restricted from opening containers.

What it now looks like when viewing a lootcrate:

a613c16a5d360ca4da53857d675c4da5.jpg

Last edited:

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just get Canada and EU to do the same and they will likely change the structure for everyone. US is unlikely under GoP

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Never a fan of the nuclear option, although to my understanding this is less of a permanent thing and more of a thing where they need to file under some certain agency and share profits with the government or something.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
In a weird way this just reads to me as "You might not be able to buy keys, but you CAN sell these crates for some extra cents on Steam instead!"

LinLeigh

Oct 25, 2017
Change is never easy and there was no way the whole gaming industry would change because of the Benelux.

But it makes other countries more likely to follow it makes the EU taking it seriously more likely.

So I'm good if my games are a little different for a bit.

Deleted member 7948

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Valve better be filling for bankrupcy. There is just no way to survive in this industry without microgramas ruins.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Why even show the screen? Just skip that too.
You can inspect every item you get, that's just how the inventory system in CS:GO works.
they still want your money even tho they can't get it now
They still get the money. Instead of opening countless amounts of crates, the dutch now have to buy the items they want directly from the steam marketplace, which is cheaper in the long run anyways.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The only way this was ever going to go in the short run. Battle pass for CSGO incoming in 3, 2, 1...

Deleted member 17491

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The more countries that follow the sooner this will be over.

Kind of funny, and sad, how passive aggressive this screen is.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ha amazing. Rather than fix the issue, they'll just block the countries that have a problem with it. Wonder how many countries they'll be fine with banning.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
Very petty and childish from Valve also no crossplay! That's the most anti consumer thing going on right now, amirite? /s

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
if the Games Industry does not act on Lootboxes, the rest of the world will - and games industry will only have itself to blame for not acting sooner.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just move on to the battle pass thing that atleast is reasonable well the fortnite one is . One time buy and after if you play semi regulary never need to buy a new one. Cuz it's quite doable to unlock all tiers and the vbucks needed for a new one.

Lootbooxes are scummy af.

May 4, 2018
Do people here really expect that Valve would rewrite their entire UI to account for this?

This isn't Valve being "passive aggressive" or "whiny"; this is the standard approach to account for differing standards in countries. Hell, I saw a screen like this yesterday when trying to access Funimation from Germany with my VPN off.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
You can inspect every item you get, that's just how the inventory system in CS:GO works.

They still get the money. Instead of opening countless amounts of crates, the dutch now have to buy the items they want directly from the steam marketplace, which is cheaper in the long run anyways.
yea but they don't want that, they want you to want loot boxes so they show you lootboxes.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Valve "yeah we're making too much money from this, your market doesn't really affect us that much"

But for how much longer will this go.