• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
With how pisspoor valorant's beta access is. CSGO is gonna see huge numbers.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I know my friends who haven't gotten in have been on CSGO lately for the first time in years so there might be something to that. CSGO has been on a strong upturn lately though.
Seems like someone might be streaming right now I'd assume either Summit or XQC pushing a lot of the people getting on.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
I thought Valorant is targeting csgo players and has been a big success given the twitch numbers?

Isn't that the case? Maybe because the beta is still limited.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Greatest game ever made, long live the king

also worth noting it was on the uprise before valorant.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Lets see if infinites multiplayer does some numbers on steam or if most pc gamers would rather gamepass it instead of having to deal with the windows store.

I doubt Halo, a very western world focused shooter, will pass 3.3M CC. That PUBG number is so massive because that game had a huge international player base.

Deleted member 65068

User requested account closure
Apr 2, 2020
This must be because valorant looks like shit version of csgo and overwatch but if both games were trash
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This is really not a surprise. A lot of people discovering or re-discovering the CSGo forumla and giving the granddaddy a try. I expect there to be quite a bit of spill over between the two games over time as people go back and forth based on their mood that day.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I doubt Halo, a very western world focused shooter, will pass 3.3M CC. That PUBG number is so massive because that game had a huge international player base.
Its all speculation of course but we dont know their multiplayer plans yet, I think it has big potential worldwide if marketed right, not saying it will surpass that pubg number though.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
A first step in what I thought was gonna happen being realized.

Valorant is going to expand the market.

Oct 25, 2017
CSGO has been pretty big for a while, but what's with the recent resurgence? What happened?
COVID-19 and Valorant hype. On top of the fact that CSGO was already having a pretty consistent growth in players
I thought Valorant is targeting csgo players and has been a big success given the twitch numbers?

As someone in this thread said, Valorant is further expanding the market. In a market filled with multiplayer games that are hot and supported for a year or two and then dropped, games like CSGO are showing that people want to invest in playing for the long term.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019

Twitch stream numbers have never been an indicator for a game's success or popularity and never will be.

A friend of mine had a bunch Twitch bots running and sold 2 Valorant beta keys for $100+ each.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Not trying to discredit the Valorant impact, but CSGO has been on a steady growth since the base game became free 2 play a year ago.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I definitely downloaded CS:GO and played for awhile before I got into Valorant, it was useful for someone like me who is not used to that style of shooting.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CSGO has been pretty big for a while, but what's with the recent resurgence? What happened?
The last operation brought back a lot of people, but I think the pro scene also attributes to it's growth. The pro scene has never been this good

Also COVID-19, people are stuck at home. March avg players was 671k with a 1,145,972 peak which was a 23.36% gain over Februrary.