• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
We have put these people on pedastals, have expected them to perform superhuman feats time and time again. At some point, this is what they must do to survive. This is our doing. Blood is on our hands.

This is why companies have transitioned from cheats and instead offer microtransactions—you can still cheat, but at a cost. They are just trying to teach us real world lessons. Yet gamers still want to live in fantasy land where you should be able to cheat whenever you want just because.

Next time a big developer does something you don't like, take a deep breath and shut up. They are doing it for your own good. Be thankful.

Thank you. Ubisoft. Thank you, EA. Thank you, Warner Bros. Rockstar, please follow their example—the world is watching, and we still have a lot to learn.
If I ever meet you, I'm buying you a drink. Thanks for the laughs bud.

Nov 3, 2017
BS-X
We have put these people on pedastals, have expected them to perform superhuman feats time and time again. At some point, this is what they must do to survive. This is our doing. Blood is on our hands.

This is why companies have transitioned from cheats and instead offer microtransactions—you can still cheat, but at a cost. They are just trying to teach us real world lessons. Yet gamers still want to live in fantasy land where you should be able to cheat whenever you want just because.

Next time a big developer does something you don't like, take a deep breath and shut up. They are doing it for your own good. Be thankful.

Thank you. Ubisoft. Thank you, EA. Thank you, Warner Bros. Rockstar, please follow their example—the world is watching, and we still have a lot to learn.

This is why posters have transitioned from one-liner first replies and instead offer multi-paragraph memes—you can still jest, but at a cost. They are just trying to teach us real world lessons. Yet posters still want to live in fantasy land where you should be able to joke whenever you want just because.

Next time a prominent member does something you don't like, take a deep breath and shut up. They are doing it for your own good. Be thankful.

Thank you. Tapeworm. Thank you, Muppet345. Thank you, old NeoGAF. ResetERA, please follow their example—the world is watching, and we still have a lot to learn.

Am I doing it right?

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Makes you wonder how many other 'pros' get away with this shit

I watch Streams from Rainbow Six Siege Pros a lot and they sometimes talk about cheaters and live events.
Siege in its early tournaments had moments when cheaters got caught on LAN especially before the BattlEye(anti cheat) software but they say they suspect a couple other players still doing it to this day.

But the cheating you can do at a Live Event in a game that is about gathering information through drones and watching each others back non stop isn't as overpowered and actually beatable.
These days their PCs + HDD get checked a lot too i believe making it really hard and risky to get outcome-changing cheats working at least in this game.

In the end once something is about a lot of money i believe there will always be people that try to make sure they get their hands on it.
Steroids in sport and cheats in games.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
haaa esports xD That was a good laugh... was it on tv on top ?
Local Disk (C:)
└Program Files (x86)
⠀└Steam
⠀⠀└steamapps
⠀⠀⠀└common
⠀⠀⠀⠀└Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀└Skills
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀└⚠️This folder is empty
USB (D:)
└Wordpad
⠀└⠀✅word.exe

that made me laugh biiiiig time.
"a temporary ban is[...]expected"
temporary ... xD
https://www.foxsportsasia.com/espor...caught-cheating-in-zowie-extremesland-finals/

Way to go Nikhil 'forsaken' Kumawat, you made your country proud...(as in, you shame them all, of course)
edit: The lay off of the rest of the team makes me think they found the same stuff with them as well, it seems odd otherwise .

Last edited:

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
edit: The lay off of the rest of the team makes me think they found the same stuff with them as well, it seems odd otherwise .
No, they could have assumed that the rest of the team knew about it even if they didn't do it themselves. Rightfully or not (and I think it was an Indian chapter of a foreign team, so the central management are far away from when it happened). Feels to me like it would be hard to hide it from everyone else plus apparently there were accusations about the guy before.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
I've heard the rumours about hacks being installed onto mouse software but steam cloud screenshots seems even crazier :O

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, they could have assumed that the rest of the team knew about it even if they didn't do it themselves. Rightfully or not (and I think it was an Indian chapter of a foreign team, so the central management are far away from when it happened). Feels to me like it would be hard to hide it from everyone else plus apparently there were accusations about the guy before.
You may be right...

Anyway, looks like their past victory revocation is under examination.
dotesports said:
At the same time, ESL is looking into OpTic India's recent tournament win at ESL's Premiership Summer event for the Indian region, as well as their spot in the Asia region of the ESL Pro League. Their win could be invalidated and their spot in EPL could be revoked as a result of the changes within the team.

I've heard the rumours about hacks being installed onto mouse software but steam cloud screenshots seems even crazier :O

Well... the thing was deployed on a USB drive, i don't know if the drive was embedded into one of the input devices, but loaded after start to avoid being discovered under scrutiny at check in.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
You may be right...

Anyway, looks like their past victory revocation is under examination.

Well... the thing was deployed on a USB drive, i don't know if the drive was embedded into one of the input devices, but loaded after start to avoid being discovered under scrutiny at check in.

Ah true, I read through the thread quick and saw some of the responses talking about the cloud, thanks for the clarification. I'm surprised they don't have a way to auto detect/block programs that aren't CSGO on these PCs....or is that not possible? Glad they caught it either way.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I brought this up in another thread. Someone pointed out that Dota TI's used to basically buy people the same peripherals they had but sealed for the tournaments, so that they are able to use the same gear, just not have the ability to install cheats on them beforehand. That seems like a reasonable solution.
Not only that, at Dota 2 TI, they also have an SSD for every single player that has their own settings on it. Valve holds onto these too like their other hardware.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
By preventing you from putting rogue software on the hardware they provide?

Is this supposed to be rocket science?
Well, it probably wouldn't help here, since it seems it was Steam Cloud abuse. I guess having less features would prevent that from happening more than what Epic did.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
How exactly would Epic's hardware lockdown have prevented a software cheat?
Because you couldn't install (or even download, or plugin a usb in) cheat software? Seems pretty obvious.

I'm sure you could also have more software installed on the machine to do extra checks too.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
By preventing you from putting rogue software on the hardware they provide?

Is this supposed to be rocket science?
Because you couldn't install (or even download, or plugin a usb in) cheat software? Seems pretty obvious.

I'm sure you could also have more software installed on the machine to do extra checks too.
You're allowed to download and install software for CSGO tournaments at will?

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
You're allowed to download and install software for CSGO tournaments at will?
Dunno the details (i don't play the game) but in the OP, it states he had suspicious software running and he was able to "delete" it. Surely you could easily setup machines to prevent the deletion of data, monitoring software running, etc.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Esports ain't big in India nor aree there any teams on the international field from here(due to a variety of factors like parents here are not supportive of their kids gaming and most online games have no server so games have 100+ pings) and this was like the only team getting out there which had some backing, some sponsors. This moron blew it all up instantly and his teammates were all let go due to his actions.

From what I've read about him is that he was known to cheat earlier but denied all allegations, his previous steam account even got vac ban but he said that he had sold it to another and the buyer was a hacker not him.

There's memes being created in gaming related threads here on this like r/Indiangaming.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
They should sue his ass and take every money from him that he ever got with CS GO.

Sorry but that is fraud, ice cold fraud and in every other region you would get sued and rightfully took to court.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017

tumblr_o43vhgJ6Bf1udh5n8o1_400.gif

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
They should sue his ass and take every money from him that he ever got with CS GO.

Sorry but that is fraud, ice cold fraud and in every other region you would get sued and rightfully took to court.
This guy didn't make a lot of money from CS. He's unknown to the world and plays in a country with hardly any competitive scene.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Dunno the details (i don't play the game) but in the OP, it states he had suspicious software running and he was able to "delete" it. Surely you could easily setup machines to prevent the deletion of data, monitoring software running, etc.
You can do that without restricting players to certain hardware...

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You sir have no genitals.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017

Wow.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018

It's bugging me because I know this is a pasta from years ago but can't remember

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

WTF

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Perfect

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when people were giving Epic grief for demanding strict control over Fortnite tournament environments?

That was about forcing pro players to use foreign equipment such as mice and keyboards they don't normally use. I know PUBG tourneys used "locked-down" PC's/monitors/headsets, but they let the players bring their own keyboard and mice for example.

Applebite

Oct 27, 2017
Some context: this team plays tier 1000 CS and they were at a small tournament and the guy still got caught. If anything this illustrates how hard it is to cheat on lan, despite what some guy whose uncle works at Valve might try to tell you. This is nothing compared to the security on big tournaments.
Lmao shroud wasn't a good CSGO pro.

And I've never heard of this guy in OP, but KQLY did this years ago for a t1 team.
KQLY was vac banned, he was not caught on lan. Nobody actually knows what he got caught for, or if he ever cheated on lan. Still, that jumpshot..

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Some context: this team plays tier 1000 CS and they were at a small tournament and the guy still got caught. If anything this illustrates how hard it is to cheat on lan, despite what some guy whose uncle works at Valve might try to tell you. This is nothing compared to the security on big tournaments.

KQLY was vac banned, he was not caught on lan. Nobody actually knows what he got caught for, or if he ever cheated on lan. Still, that jumpshot..
I mean, he wasn't caught on LAN, but he cheated on LAN. That jumpshot is far from the only suspect thing he did. He was basically cheating at the majors.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
First person shooters e-sports are such a disgrace, so many case of cheating and so many people who cheated, cheats and will cheat that we will never know...