• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
It's funny that this could literally be called Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Racing Trilogy. I really hope this is true.

Jan 4, 2019
There won't be any vital content locked into the special edition will there? Am I missing out by buying the regular edition?

I believe there's skins exclusive to the Oxide Edition.

GameStop has this listing:

Nitros Oxide Edition digital content:
Nitros Oxide, Crunch, Zem and Zam characters*
Nitros Oxide Hovercraft kart*
Exclusive Star Skins Pack: Nitros Oxide, Crash, Coco, Cortex Star Skins with unique podium animations
Exclusive Crunch Robot Skin with unique podium animation
Exclusive kart paintjob
Exclusive kart sticker pack
Exclusive Hovercraft kart decal
*Also able to be unlocked in standard version of game through in-game challenges and rewards

Source: https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/...-oxide-and-pin-bundle-only-at-gamestop/175044

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I'm still skeptical about this; CTTR tracks would need a looooot of reworking unlike CNK tracks; But I'm sure expecting the CTTR characters (including Willie Wumpa), being base game or DLC..

but I sure hope at least Nina make it in the base game 'v'

Jan 4, 2019
I mean, it's free money. Have you seen how many views a long play video of Crash Wrath of Cortex gets? That seems to be the most popular post-ps1 crash game. It'd easily get 10000 downloads, maybe 100,000.
The first PS2 game I beat was Wraith of Cortex. It's totally just pulled out of my ass, but I suspect there's a large amount of people my age that have more nostalgia for it over the original platformers.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I just wonder how they'll group these tracks together if is true.. We know we can go through a regular/classic Adventure Mode with just CTR stuff, and a "Nitro-Fueled" version with the additional content.. but in the context of CNK and CTTR tracks, they'd need characters to drive to locations not present in the CTR hub worlds.. basically other planets and Von Clutch theme park.

That and the usage/collecting of Wumpa Coins, of course

LooseGoose717

Banned
May 9, 2019
The first PS2 game I beat was Wraith of Cortex. It's totally just pulled out of my ass, but I suspect there's a large amount of people my age that have more nostalgia for it over the original platformers.
I think you might be right. The game also released on Xbox and GameCube, so it had more reach.

I remember on my old YouTube channel, Wrath of Cortex was the most popular Crash longplay video by a wiiiide margin. Most review videos I see also tend to have six-figure views. For a game you can buy for a few bucks, it's the easiest revenue stream ever. Lmao

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Won't believe it until we hear/see it from an official source.
Sounds too good to be true.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Won't believe it until we hear/see it from an official source.
Sounds too good to be true.

But does it sound any more farfetched than the N Sane trilogy? if you think about it, porting tracks rather than building them from scratch sounds very possible.

It's the very reason why even Mario Kart Games now come with twice the tracks they used to.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If they get the physics right this is going to be an amazing package. Shame about the character designs but I can look past that much.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Is worth mentioning that in Crash Nitro Kart 2/Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D (the mobile games), they already had adapted CTTR tracks to the classic gameplay... well.. it as close these efforts can go, but there is precedent of these tracks being retooled

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
If they get the physics right this is going to be an amazing package. Shame about the character designs but I can look past that much.
What's wrong with the character designs? They're all super faithful to the originals.
The original trilogy without counting CTR sold like 20+ million copies on top of later being rereleased for the PS3. The only sales data we have for WoC is that it sold more than 3 million copies on PS2, but even then it's hard to imagine it selling that much on other platforms.

I think the plan is to move on to new games after this. WoC would take a ton of effort to fix all of its issues to make it good, effort that imo would be better spent in a new game.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
The original trilogy without counting CTR sold like 20+ million copies on top of later being rereleased for the PS3. The only sales data we have for WoC is that it sold more than 3 million copies on PS2, but even then it's hard to imagine it selling that much on other platforms.

I think the plan is to move on to new games after this. WoC would take a ton of effort to fix all of its issues to make it good, effort that imo would be better spent in a new game.
Wrath of Cortex sold really well everywhere; it was a Player's Choice on GameCube and a Platinum Hits on Xbox too

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Honestly surprised they're charging $40 for it. They could definitely justify a full $60 pricetag for this.

Not a big racing guy, but CTR is one of the few exceptions to that. Very much interested.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I think only some outfits. All characters will be available to unlock in the base game via Wumpa fruit.
Pretty sure the special edition only unlocks a bunch of stuff early. The only exclusive content are the Playstation exclusive Retro Crash, Coco, and Neo Cortex skins and a retro course.
I believe there's skins exclusive to the Oxide Edition.

GameStop has this listing:

Nitros Oxide Edition digital content:
Nitros Oxide, Crunch, Zem and Zam characters*
Nitros Oxide Hovercraft kart*
Exclusive Star Skins Pack: Nitros Oxide, Crash, Coco, Cortex Star Skins with unique podium animations
Exclusive Crunch Robot Skin with unique podium animation
Exclusive kart paintjob
Exclusive kart sticker pack
Exclusive Hovercraft kart decal
*Also able to be unlocked in standard version of game through in-game challenges and rewards

Source: https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/...-oxide-and-pin-bundle-only-at-gamestop/175044
Awesome guys. I'll get this day one digitally now. If they fucked us over with important content on the dearer version I'd have waited for a sale.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I dont remember liking the tracks all that much, but the more characters the better

This is basically the n sane trilogy but for the racing games. This is going to be amazing

Jan 4, 2019
What's wrong with the character designs? They're all super faithful to the originals.

I don't ever expect remasters like the N-Sane Trilogy for the PS2 games. I know they don't have the best reputation. I don't know they would even see the effort required to do a PS2 Classic-like remaster as being worth it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to whatever they do with Crash in the future.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Honestly? At this rate I think CTTR tracks/characters are basically being teased with the karts and skins from that game already revealed.. in the first trailer we've seen the CNK karts and that was their way of teasing a future blowout of information on the CNK content being there as well.

They even got Chick and Stew there for pity's sake! Having all these and not the rest would be an odd ommision.. unless they were porpously holding back it as DLC.

... in the end I only care about Nina being confirmed; she's my favorite post ND era character, and now that we already got Crunch, I only care about her being reintroduced ~

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Ever since CNK content got announced i was thinking "Man it sucks they dont also have the CTTR tracks to make this definitive" and here we are

idk if that game holds up but i remember having a lot of fun with it back when it came out with the platforming hub world and spiralmouth soundtrack

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Having all these and not the rest would be an odd ommision.. unless they were porpously holding back it as DLC.

It's Activision. They're definitely proven they're capable of withholding content for DLC, & I don't foresee them passing up an opportunity unless they're that confident in customization for the game.

LooseGoose717

Banned
May 9, 2019
Actually, looking at how DLC was handled for the remakes, I feel like this might be another exception in that regard.

(Spyro Reignited Physical disc issues notwithstanding)

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
It's Activision. They're definitely proven they're capable of withholding content for DLC, & I don't foresee them passing up an opportunity unless they're that confident in customization for the game.
up until now I think these remakes were being pretty honest when comes to additional content.. Stormy Ascent was free and then this stage along with Future Tense was included in the multiplatform release of N. Sane Trilogy (and I think the PS4 version started being printed with this included as well?);

I expect Nitro-Fueled to get some DLC, but unless it's Beenox having some trouble getting everything ready for launch (thus having to push CTTR for later), I'd rather have some new content down the road.. let this base release being a full blown package of past racing games ~

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
That's great cause then it means we're probably getting a playable Nina Cortex.
latest

YESSS

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
WhatCulture reached out to Activision and confirmed that CTTR tracks WON'T be in the game and that it was a mistranslation, as per their recently pinned comment on the video.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
WhatCulture reached out to Activision and confirmed that CTTR tracks WON'T be in the game and that it was a mistranslation, as per their recently pinned comment on the video.

Eh. Not much of a loss, to be honest. We don't need 3 extra space stages just to make a Uranus joke 3 times.

Still hoping we get Nina, though.