• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Yesterday, Activision hosted an even for YouTubers to play the game before launch like they've done with pretty much every game they publish. Well, today we've been getting the footage and 2 different sources saying that the Crash Tag-Team Racing tracks are in. Super GT in particular was very clear about it, saying they're "basically remaking 3 games" and that 'the game will have all tracks from CTR, CNK and CTTR"

Now, it's better to take this with a grain of salt until it's 100% official by Activision themselves, but it's weird if two people that attended the same even got this wrong. At the very least CTTR characters make sense since some fans have (rightly) been complaining about the lack of any other female playable character other than Coco, with CTTR characters we'd get Nina and Pasadena.

Oct 26, 2017
GIVE ME THE CHARACTERS TOO, BRUH!

Twinsanity has the best soundtrack in the franchise. Race me.

Much prefer Spiralmouth having instruments alongside them, rather than just solely acapella IMO. That's why Crash Tag Team Racing has a far stronger soundtrack from what I've heard.

No I never played Twinsanity proper since it never came out on GC... :(

LooseGoose717

Banned
May 9, 2019
Not surprising, honestly. Beenox have shown they're committed to making our $40 worthwhile.

CTTR only had 4 characters. So I'd imagine adding them wouldn't be a huge undertaking at all. The tracks likely take more work, so if the tracks are in, there's a pretty good chance the characters are in, too. Sweet.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing if true, but this shit better be on the disc. Don't want another Spyro situation.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
When they first announced this I was expecting a barebones release to placate the fans.

The reality is so much better than I could've hoped for.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Activision has treated Crash extremely well it seems. I do wonder what they have planned for the IP after this

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Can't wait to see large steaming piles of poop on the racetrack in glorious 4K HD
fossil-fuel-injection-3.jpg

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
At the risk of being that guy, I hope the two sequels had track design worth bringing back in favour of just making some new ones instead.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If true (and part of me doesn't quite believe it) it would mean the base game is launching with around 40 tracks. It's seriously a contender for best remake of ANYTHING of all time.

Let's hope they iron out any remaining bugs, but the game looks polished as is.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this is great news. Sonic Racing better bring it.

P.S. I don't know how anyone puts up with watch these silly YouTuber videos like the first one in the OP. These guys are so bloody annoying. Kill me now.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Not related to CTTR tracks/characters but, there will be a "verses" livestream tomorrow

Pretty sure if they do this, then all tracks would have to be designed in a way that suits the CTR mechanics and design

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising, honestly. Beenox have shown they're committed to making our $40 worthwhile.

CTTR only had 4 characters. So I'd imagine adding them wouldn't be a huge undertaking at all. The tracks likely take more work, so if the tracks are in, there's a pretty good chance the characters are in, too. Sweet.
I honestly wouldn't mind paying $60 at this point since the game has gone well beyond my expectations content wise at this point.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fuck off no way. That would be unbelievable and amazing.

Jan 4, 2019
This is the best if true!

I would still like Activision to do basic "playstation classics" ports of the PS2 crash games though. That includes Tag Team Racing.

I'm probably flying to close to the sun.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So crunching the numbers, that's...

18 Tracks from Crash Team Racing.
13 Tracks from Crash Nitro Kart.
15 Tracks from Crash Tag Team Racing.
And one "Retro Inspired" track for the PS4 version.

Leading to a total of... 47 Tracks in total, One short of MK8:Deluxe total. And that's before any possible DLC.

And also there are:

7 Battle Arenas from Crash Team Racing.
4 Battle Arenas from Crash Nitro Kart.
4 (?) Battle Arenas from Crash Tag Team Racing (I dunno, there are stunt tracks and some where PSP only? I didn't play CTTR).

For 17 Battle mode arenas as well.

Add to that 2 adventure modes to play and a metric tone of Customisation options... this one is going to be good I feel. Just get the physics, nail the online play and don't throw in Microtransactions for the coins and it's golden, doubly so when we get a PC Version with 60 FPS hopefully later down the line.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Oh this game got snaking? Not a fan of snaking
It's not snaking. You start a drift with one of the shoulder buttons and if you time it correctly you can boost 3 times per drift, with the last one being very powerful. You have to drift a lot yeah, but you won't break your fingers like in MKDS.

At the risk of being that guy, I hope the two sequels had track design worth bringing back in favour of just making some new ones instead.
They're not porting them 1:1. CNK had some minor tweaks and the terrible anti-gravity sections removed, I imagine they'd do the same for CTTR. CNK track design was good though, it was basically MK8 before MK8

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
It's not snaking. You start a drift with one of the shoulder buttons and if you time it correctly you can boost 3 times per drift, with the last one being very powerful. You have to drift a lot yeah, but you won't break your fingers like in MKDS.

They're not porting them 1:1. CNK had some minor tweaks and the terrible anti-gravity sections removed, I imagine they'd do the same for CTTR. CNK track design was good though, it was basically MK8 before MK8
Ah okay the power drifting sounds so cool, I think I'm going to pick this up

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
There won't be any vital content locked into the special edition will there? Am I missing out by buying the regular edition?

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the adventure mode is going to go for this, the theme park you could explore in TTR was pretty fun.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
There won't be any vital content locked into the special edition will there? Am I missing out by buying the regular edition?
Pretty sure the special edition only unlocks a bunch of stuff early. The only exclusive content are the Playstation exclusive Retro Crash, Coco, and Neo Cortex skins and a retro course.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Pretty sure the special edition only unlocks a bunch of stuff early. The only exclusive content are the Playstation exclusive Retro Crash, Coco, and Neo Cortex skins and a retro course.
There's 4 skins exclusive to the NO edition that can't be obtained by playing, but everything else is unlockable.

LooseGoose717

Banned
May 9, 2019
This is the best if true!

I would still like Activision to do basic "playstation classics" ports of the PS2 crash games though. That includes Tag Team Racing.

I'm probably flying to close to the sun.
I mean, it's free money. Have you seen how many views a long play video of Crash Wrath of Cortex gets? That seems to be the most popular post-ps1 crash game. It'd easily get 10000 downloads, maybe 100,000.