• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Love this game. Glad that Grand Prix have ended though. Felt like a chore after a while. Love that the checkpoint crate is now playable.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Beenox is so incredible. So much of this is in direct response to fan desires. The iron checkpoint crate was a meme character well before the game released, and the madmen actually did it!

This means Pork the Warthog actually has a chance!

OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Activsion adding a fucking microtransaction economy to this game is still awful. Very disappointed still.

I'm not being facetious, but have you actually spent any time playing it? You would basically have to go out of your way to spend anything. The game started out already generous and gets more and more generous each update. This is the first game with in-game purchases where I've felt like the purchases really are just a way to get stuff "early".

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is incredible fan service. One of the most value packed games I can remember.
Yeah, I just mean, leaving the old one in as "unfixed" is weird. Like imagine Mario Kart having weird in-progress designs in the character select along with everything else.
Because some people were bound to have liked the first version and would have bitched if Beenox removed it. They saved themselves a headache.

OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This is incredible fan service. One of the most value packed games I can remember.

Because some people were bound to have liked the first version and would have bitched if Beenox removed it. They saved themselves a headache.

The geometry of it is also too different to reuse the same rig, I'd bet. Even if it was just the face, the other model swaps get away with it because they either use the same face structure or they don't animate on the face (Megamix, Robot Cortex, etc).

Oct 27, 2017
Nice!
I'm so happy to finally see Lab Assistant make it in! Like, he's basically Crash's equivalent to Mario's Koopa Troopas for goodness sake! I'm honestly surprised he wasn't there from the jump.

Also nice to see Baby N. Tropy and Baby Cortex as well, I'm surprised that they didn't come before the janky looking baby versions of Crash and Coco.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lost in the shuffle, Ghost Hunt is back in Nina's stage!

There's also CTR Radio to listen to each track' soundtrack, in Options.

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The gap between easy and normal is stupidly high. I can't have any casual friends play the game because easy is way too easy to the point where you might as well just be alone but then they get absolutely thrashed in normal.

SASRT had the same issues where Hard and Expert were a brutal step up from Normal, but they adjusted it a lot in TSR.

Last edited:

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Geary finally gets a skin and the Lab Assistant finally makes it in!

I'm totally gonna main the crate.
MEGATON
The gap between easy and normal is stupidly high. I can't have any casual friends play the game because easy is way too easy to the point where you might as well just be alone but then they get absolutely thrashed in normal.

SASRT had the same issues where Hard and Expert were a brutal step up from Normal, but they adjusted it a lot in TSR.
I'd prefer a better tutorial to get people to learn how to drift boost.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Playable crate is fucking incredible.

But still no updates to online multiplayer? It's so strange that they've almost completely ignored improving that aspect of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
The back of Dingodile's new biohazard hazmat suit has something that looks like a controller and some numbers (and what looks like an H). I'm wondering if this is more than just element mumbo and is actually button notations to unlock something.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I overthinking after playing the game too long unlocking the crate?

20200326_234739cfjqy.jpg

20200326_234817nlksb.jpg

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why with this baby shit? Why?

Baby Cortex and Tropy actually are a reference to the ending of Crash 3, as pointed out here:

To be fair, Cortex and Tropy actually transformed into babies in the end of Crash 3 while Crash and Coco did not and yet they where avilable in the new CTR for some reason.
Pa5ihOAg.jpg

And to answer the implied question here:
I'm spitballing here, but my pet theory is simply that Beenox didn't want to include the baby versions of the 2 villains without having the same applied to the 2 main characters as well - for those who do not remember or never saw that particular scene in the ending, it would be weird to have Baby Cortex and Tropy on their own without context.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
So does the game not have a place where you can track the Beenox crates you find?

I don't think so. The crates disappear forever once broken, and that's about it.

Best to just do them in order. I did them in single races on easy to grind out skins for the new characters at the same time. Most can be had without throwing a race on easy. Others were more well hidden, but the most challenging one for me to break was on Gingerbread Joyride. Had to nail it with a beaker from a ledge, 'cause dropping on it wasn't working.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so. The crates disappear forever once broken, and that's about it.

Best to just do them in order. I did them in single races on easy to grind out skins for the new characters at the same time. Most can be had without throwing a race on easy. Others were more well hidden, but the most challenging one for me to break was on Gingerbread Joyride. Had to nail it with a beaker from a ledge, 'cause dropping on it wasn't working.
Shot a bowling bomb behind me as I dropped down and was able to see it break while looking behind at the last second haha.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
No news about a PC release is there? It has been about 6 months since release, which has been the pattern for the Crash and Spyro trilogies. Then again, neither of those had any/ as much post launch support. Hope it is still in the pipeline.

edit: meant the announcement, not the release was 6 months later

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
No news about a PC release is there? It has been about 6 months since release, which has been the pattern for the Crash and Spyro trilogies. Then again, neither of those had any/ as much post launch support. Hope it is still in the pipeline.
Both Crash and Spyro released 1 year after the console release on PC (for Spyro, 1 year from the pre-delay date).

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

I have to imagine it's only a matter of time now that they're done with the timed events and new tracks.