• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Beenox has revealed that Tawna Bandicoot and Spyro will be in Nitro-Fueled and unlockable through the Grand Prix!

Article here!
We've Got Grand Plans for the Grand Prix

What is a Grand Prix in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, exactly? Think of it as a themed season, constructed around a newly-themed track with a number of different challenges to undertake. Finish a challenge, and you're awarded Nitro Points (think of Nitro Points like Experience Points). Complete more challenges to continue to fill that Nitro up. When you've filled Nitro up to certain levels in your Nitro Gauge, rewards are earned. Examples include new characters, karts, skins, and kart customization items.
Nitro Squad is back too! (The trophy girls)
Season 1: Say Hello to Tawna Bandicoot and the Nitro Squad!
This one has been difficult to keep as a secret for so long! We're excited to announce that as well as an enthralling new track to perfect in the first Grand Prix, players are also able to earn Tawna the Bandicoot as a playable character. Players are able to unlock Tawna by earning Nitro Points during the first Grand Prix, and are also able to earn an amazing new Motorsport Tawna skin which lets the world know that she means business!

In addition to Tawna, players will be re-introduced to Ami, Isabella, Megumi, and Liz. Together, they are now known as the Nitro Squad (formerly known as the Trophy Girls in the original CTR), and are now characters that you can race with! They can be unlocked using Wumpa Coins in the Pit Stop during the first Grand Prix. These global bandicoots hail from all over the world, and are ready to compete! There will also be new Motorsport skins for them as well, to really show off their speed and style.
Spyro!
Looking to the Future
That's a deep dive into the first Grand Prix season, but as teased today, this is only the beginning! We have some incredible Grand Prix seasons coming up, including one that revolves around everyone's favorite purple dragon… (if that doesn't excite you, I don't know what will).
D8yi52OU8AA3L0P.jpg

Last edited:

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic way to top off all the announcements in the leadup to release, can't wait!

Love the rotation of new content coming up too.

Oct 27, 2017
T.T, it's everything that I ever wanted!

Spyro, Tawna, Baby T, playable Trophy girls, and more tracks based off the original trilogy's levels!

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic, this game really needed more female characters racing. Glad they did it! 10 days to go... <3

Tawna gives such a badass vibe.

Last edited:

Deleted member 57718

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Think this games gonna keep me busy for a long time, I wonder if the Grand Prix characters are limited time or if there's gonna be a way to unlock them after their season is over

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Think this games gonna keep me busy for a long time, I wonder if the Grand Prix characters are limited time or if there's gonna be a way to unlock them after their season is over
I feel like it's gonna be one of those things where if you play enough in it you unlock them permanently. I'm curious about the courses too, maybe they get added to the game after seasonal rotation.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Nice!
Also, is there any point to the 60.00 version of this game if I don't want early unlocks and dont care about the cosmetics?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this is fucking awesome. I adored this game back in the day and thought it was better than MK, but with MK8 being so strong I was thinking I may skip it. With this shit though it's looking like that's not gonna happen. Only thing that would fuck me up though is if the Switch version is shit.

I don't know what's gotten into Activision to let all these remakes happen in such a wonderful fashion, but damn this shit's cool.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit!! So Spyro, Tawna, Baby T., and the trophy girls are all playable along with new tracks!!!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Baby Coco and Crash are actually quite clever ways to round out a time travel themed pack. I would have preferred Baby Cortex and N.Tropy though as their baby forms have appeared in the main games.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Shit, this sounds great. I don't want to juggle CTR and MK11 but every time I see/read something about CTR I get more and more tempted to buy it.

I'm guessing there's going to be ERA groups for racing together?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're really going all out with this, aren't they? Guessing those huge sales numbers for the Crash remake lit a fire under Activision's ass.