• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017

The Lamb has blessed 1 MILLION players in our first week!

We are eternally grateful for your devotion and our team is committed to improving the game with tweaks, fixes and free major content updates.

This is only the beginning as there's so much room for this Cult to grow!

Happy for the team. Despite its many bugs and missing QoL, this is an awesome game and I can't wait to see what they'll add and do next.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I'm having a lot of fun with it. Its not as tight as Isaac, but it's close and the combat is fun along with the community management part

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This really is the best time line where indie games can be million seller a couple days post launch. Dope.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
For a game that isn't on a sub service, I don't understand what the qualifier for 1 million players actually is. Is that sales?

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Good shit. I'm really digging the game but have paused after beating the first major boss. I wanna continue once the game is polished up a bit more.

OP
OP
Maxime

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
For a game that isn't on a sub service, I don't understand what the qualifier for 1 million players actually is. Is that sales?

I am wondering this too. I even had "Cult of the Lamb sold 1 million copies in its first week." as a title before re-reading the tweet and having doubts.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Very very nice. I've been slowly wading my way into the game and it's been such a great time. PC player though, so I've only heard that it's got some significant issues on consoles.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Enjoyed the game a lot more than I thought, though now that I'm getting to the end it's getting tiresome and I'm not so sure I'm interested in delving back in. The combat is so basic as to be boring, and the cult management has too much time lost with annoying transitions & UI interaction. Still happy for them that it's such a success, was a fun unique little game

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Even with the current bugs this is still going to rank highly at the end of the year for me despite the rocky start.

Just a ton of fun and charming as hell.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
I regret buying this on Switch. Should have gotten it on PC....

Performance issues like choppy framerate, freezing as it turns day and moving to the next level...

The game is insanely fun though. I spend almost more time on the garden and the followers :P

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I bought this. It's games like this I buy because GP saves me so much money. I enjoyed it, but it's a bit buggy, waiting on some patches before jumping back in.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I am wondering this too. I even had "Cult of the Lamb sold 1 million copies in its first week." as a title before re-reading the tweet and having doubts.

Yeah, kind of odd they just don't explicitly say sales. I would understand if it was on a sub service and then you obviously you know why that metric is being used. I guess it's mostly a semantic thing, though.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to them on the huge success, game looks super fun. Waiting for some of those fixes to hit but will definitely jump in.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably close to that sales number. But you have to factor in cases like, if I buy it on Playstation, my girlfriend and I both play it on our separate accounts: that's +2 players but only +1 sale.

I guess they were probably just a bit shy of the 1 million sales, but "1 million+ players in first week" is better PR and a nice round number compared to like "930K+ sales in first week."

Either way, definitely seems to be doing really well.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Missed opportunity to say one million members. This game is so good, really happy that they are planning on expanding it, I really hope they squash the bugs soon, the stutter and trophies bugs are annoying.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I regret buying this on Switch. Should have gotten it on PC....

Performance issues like choppy framerate, freezing as it turns day and moving to the next level...

The game is insanely fun though. I spend almost more time on the garden and the followers :P
Those things happen on the PS5 version too fwiw, but the PC version gets fixed faster D:

PC definitely the way to go

Also congrats to that team! They made a (mostly, performance aside) great game! Glad to see it doing well. I hope they can get it patched up ASAP!

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Good for the team. I refunded it on pc because there was some bad stuttering. I'll pick it up again once its all fixed and on sale. Beyond done with shelling out full price for buggy ass games. It is fun and charming as hell though.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
cult-of.gif

Congrats!

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It's probably close to that sales number. But you have to factor in cases like, if I buy it on Playstation, my girlfriend and I both play it on our separate accounts: that's +2 players but only +1 sale.

I guess they were probably just a bit shy of the 1 million sales, but "1 million+ players in first week" is better PR and a nice round number compared to like "930K+ sales in first week."

Either way, definitely seems to be doing really well.

Ah yeah, I guess that does make sense then

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
You love to see it.
Game looks and sounds great. It's on my list for sure.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Not super far in but loving my time so far. Love the art and sound design, and its like actraiser/animal crossing with some binding of isaac. Great work!

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
And still not one mention specifically to the annoying framepacing problem on PC and Steam Deck, which makes the whole game as good as unplayable.

I'm so annoyed by this. It's been almost a week and they are vague as shit about serious game problems like this.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Fun game, it did lose me a bit the further it went but I'm excited to see what sort of content they're gonna push out in the next year or two

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
You will have a lot of people Gamesharing on PSN and the equivalent on XBL which will inflate player numbers. Almost all my digital games are shared with a friend for example, each purchase is going to end up with two players.

Apr 24, 2018
Need to watch some Northernlion vids to decide if I want to get it or not. I was initially super excited for the game, thinking it would be an Isaac-like, but then learning about cult/base management aspects really dampened my enthusiasm, as I really don't typically enjoy that sort of gameplay.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. I've put in 20 hours since it came out and it's super addicting. Although it is very buggy right now and I've had numerous progression blocking bugs that have caused me to have to end runs, and there are also lots of little glitches here and there like the floor tiles not going away after you delete them, certain items not spawning, etc. I'm happy the game is doing so well but I do think they released the game sooner than they should have. Needed a little more time to iron out the bugs. That said, it's one of my favorite games of the year and I can't wait to see what DLC they add. I think the combat has a lot of room for more depth to be added to it so hopefully that's something they do first.

Mar 11, 2020
It's a great game but the bugs are so numerous on PS5 i just had to stop playing as it felt like i was playing more of an early access game and i want a full experience.