• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Yes, eventually. After the DLC comes out so it's all wrapped up and patched up on one cart.
ISHd.gif

Physical version coming as well

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Hey teeth I know we have done this dance since like forever

But is that physical still coming, surely adding switch physical would make a ton of sense also considering the vast collector community?

Love you x
Is the Xbox version getting a physical copy as well after all DLC is out? I own it digital, but would love to grab a physical copy to collect!
Hi Teeth ,

Count on me to double dip on this one, that collaboration is worth shelling out some dough. :D

Have you ever planned for any sort of physical release for Cuphead? May it be by a big publisher or a more limited one (Limited Run Games, Special Reserve and the likes)? Is this something possible if someone ever approaches you for such thing?

Physical versions, yes! On Xbox and Switch...not sure about PC (cuz who buys physical PC games?)

They'll come after the DLC drops so that everything will be patched up and on disk as the final final FINAL version of Cuphead.

We're looking into what we want to do with the physical versions (there'll probably be some goodies in the case), and as with all Cuphead things, it'll take some time. But they'll exist...eventually.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Yes, I'm weak...I love this game but wish the easy difficulty allowed you to see the entire game. I believe it locks off the last chapter/bosses, right? Would probably double dip if this was added in the Switch port (and Xbox One).

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted this forever but was a PlayStation/Nintendo gamer.

I think I'll keep waiting it out for a physical since i waited this long, but I am really excited about this. Congrats to the team.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the talks for XBL Switch were indeed VERY recent. Guess xCloud and Gamepass might live on Switch after all. This also includes one big MS exclusive right? Was with the Ori and Cuphead rumors iirc?

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Physical versions, yes! On Xbox and Switch...not sure about PC (cuz who buys physical PC games?)

They'll come after the DLC drops so that everything will be patched up and on disk as the final final FINAL version of Cuphead.

We're looking into what we want to do with the physical versions (there'll probably be some goodies in the case), and as with all Cuphead things, it'll take some time. But they'll exist...eventually.

Thank you so much for your answer, I'll buy the physical version for sure, I've been waiting for this since so long! :D

This made my daaaaay!

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

Thank you!

Can't wait to get that physical

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Well, there's my first (and only until Astral Chain) purchase of the year for Switch.

PS: So much for not releasing on other platforms.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
Expect to hear about Halo and Ori at the MS conference later today ... a few hours now. Christ, my wallet is screwed!

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Finished this last week, amazing game worthy of all the praise it got. It took me way longer than it should because some bosses are hard as hell, but I never got frustrated. The game being such a visual treat certainly helped. Recommended for anyone who doesn't mind a challenge.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

This is awesome! I wish more studios would do that (release a final physical copy with all updates and DLC)

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Holyyy fuck yesssssssssssssssssssssssss!! I've always wanted to play this! This game is perfect for the Switch audience. Getting it on day one for sure!

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Sweet! I've really wanted to play this, but I don't own an X1 or have the chops to build a PC. Glad I'll get to play it on Switch.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
We had to do some pretty heavy re-tooling of stuff to get it to run on the Switch properly, but on the plus side, it means that Xbox version now loads a lot faster (on the X, it loads almost twice as fast as before).

Does this mean the current versions will be getting that as a patch soon too? or not until DLC?

Oct 26, 2017
What relevance does this have to this thread tho?

THQ Nordic were leaked to seemingly be publishing Ori and the Blind Forest at retail on Switch:

Gematsu has also heard that a Switch version of Ori and the Blind Forest has appeared in at least one United Kingdom wholesale database under the distribution of THQ Nordic, which has worked with Microsoft in the past to publish PC titles on Steam.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/rumor-m...-pass-and-select-first-party-titles-to-switch

Meaning it's as likely they might be doing Cuphead at retail also.

I don't want Microsoft working with them any longer. Self-publish if they need to, they'd make a larger cut that way anyway from the sales.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kids tend to beat Cuphead when older folks just give up. Never underestimate the gaming prowess of a 9 year old.

You can go through everything except the last bosses on Simple mode.

Yes, eventually. After the DLC comes out so it's all wrapped up and patched up on one cart.
Me and my son beat it when he was 9. He carried me half the time through it. One of my favourite gaming memories was beating your game with my son. We almost killed each other half the time though. Lol