• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
Australia
One of the best games I've ever played. At a time in my life where I'm sad often, I'm thankful a game like Cuphead can bring me (and others) a bit of joy. I'm excited to play it again and I hope many new players enjoy it as much as I have.

You never struck me as a person who's feeling down. I don't want anyone to feel unhappy, but it's an extra bummer when it's someone super-nice like you.

I hope you feel better soon, man. Maybe try Yoshi's Crafted World soon if you haven't already, that game is full of good vibes.

As for me, I'm eager to try Cuphead this Thursday, and Joker today, and Labo VR this weekend. So much fun stuff.

You guys are great. Much love to you both.

Last edited:

Wolfram

Nov 6, 2018
Does anybody know the precise time at which Cuphead will become playable for those who preloaded it?

Oct 25, 2017
México
So how hard exactly is it compared to say TMNT The Arcade or Contra?
I'm going to be honest, and this is just for my particular case. Yes, the game is difficult, but not that difficult if you grew up with a NES.

I mean, I can defeat most bosses on Hard without dying. What is difficult for me, and I still have not being able to complete, is getting S-Ranks on every boss. I have completed the game with S-Rank on 5 bosses and A+ on the rest. I can't defeat most of the bosses without getting hit.

The game is hard to master, but the controls are very precise and very very simple. And you can restart every boss almost intermediately. All the bosses should take around 2 minutes to complete, but trust me, those 2 minutes feel like 20 minutes if you are trying to not get hit.

The game is a joy to play... graphics, animation, sound effects, soundtrack, gameplay... everything is top notch. If you do not care about having an S-Rank in every level, then just playing in Normal and not worrying about getting hit by the bosses, it should be pretty enjoyable.

May 5, 2018
Can't wait to play it tomorrow. MID TO LATE April is looking really good for Switch Owners and other systems. Cuphead on Switch, Katana Zero, Joker Challenger Pack for Smash, MK11 and Steamworld Quest.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Played it on Steam on my brother's PC and got halfway through - then he moved out to go to university.

Not finishing it was one of my biggest regrets and I'm so glad that I will be able to play it on a Nintendo system. It' already preloaded on my system and I hope I can play it already at midnight.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I just prepurchased the game and thus it's downloading now. When will I be able to play it? I wouldn't be so concerned, but I have an 8-hour drive I'm making tomorrow that I'm splitting up between friends. I'd like to be able to pop this on at some point!

Will not having internet during my drive affect my ability to play the game if the game doesn't go up til, say, 12pm?

Slai-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Give it to me

c2a0873090014fa969330d7cbf024240.gif

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
If you're good at pattern recognition, this game really isn't that hard. It's a lot of trial and error and remembering boss patterns.

I'm going to be honest, and this is just for my particular case. Yes, the game is difficult, but not that difficult if you grew up with a NES.

I mean, I can defeat most bosses on Hard without dying. What is difficult for me, and I still have not being able to complete, is getting S-Ranks on every boss. I have completed the game with S-Rank on 5 bosses and A+ on the rest. I can't defeat most of the bosses without getting hit.

The game is hard to master, but the controls are very precise and very very simple. And you can restart every boss almost intermediately. All the bosses should take around 2 minutes to complete, but trust me, those 2 minutes feel like 20 minutes if you are trying to not get hit.

The game is a joy to play... graphics, animation, sound effects, soundtrack, gameplay... everything is top notch. If you do not care about having an S-Rank in every level, then just playing in Normal and not worrying about getting hit by the bosses, it should be pretty enjoyable.

Ok thanks. Another thing that always put me off is the apparent lack of gameplay variety. It's mostly shoot and jump as main actions right?

RyanBankz

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Midnight can't come soon enough.. Wooo.. I've been purposely avoiding videos on this game.

Thinking I'm gonna beat 1 world tonight before I sleep.. (hmm.. are there worlds??)

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Ohhh nice, it unlocks at midnight. I'll play it in between Mario Odyssey sessions!

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
What button mapping you guys suggest using on the joycon since there's so much simultaneous shooting and jumping involved? I'm guessing having both jump and shoot function on face buttons is not ideal.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My GOTG tied with Bloodborne, it is what gods play in Valhalla. Every aspect- the graphics, feedback, progression, sound, design, etc. is absolutely flawless.

Beating it on two player couch co-op was probably one of the best experiences I've had gaming.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Same here unfortunately, no luck so far. I think I remember being able to play Final Fantasy VII at midnight right when it released, so I don't know what's the issue here...

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
So excited about this. Easily one of the games of the generation, and one that'll age better than most.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
One of the best games I've ever played. At a time in my life where I'm sad often, I'm thankful a game like Cuphead can bring me (and others) a bit of joy. I'm excited to play it again and I hope many new players enjoy it as much as I have.
Can't wait to try it out on switch. Also, I've always enjoyed your presence and posts for as far back as I can remember. Hope things stay up.

Ryosha

Nov 16, 2017
Switch version plays and looks gorgeous!
Was about to miss my station on morning cause of Run n Gun level

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I was so hoping to have this unlocked for the trip to the airport, and in the air. Damn you........whoever you are.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
I was looking forward to spend part of the night playing Cuphead but it seems is not going to be available till the morning :'((( Still locked here on the americas

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah annoying it's not unlocked in UK either.
Have to wait till I get home to try it now