• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
Thread-worthy, I think, it's one of the biggest successes of the year on PC. Also important to remind that the game is also available on GOG.

f2b2b8418b.jpg

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome to hear. I haven't picked it up yet myself (still playing catch-up with 2017. What a year) but I can't wait to play it. Kudos to the team for their success.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Easily one of the best games this year, which is nuts considering how good this year has been. I love how it references so many classic 80s and 90s games without feeling pandery at all. So much love went into every pixel of this game, it really is brilliant.

OP
OP
OniluapL

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious about it's sales on XB1. It was holding the top spot for a few weeks after release on "Top Paid Games." Even with the holiday sales and titles it's still in the top ten.

iirc, they had an announcement for more than 1M copies sold, and PC was at ~600K back then. So, all in all, the game has got to be pretty close to 1 million on XB1 and 2 million total.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this is one of my favourite games of all time. Top 10 at least. Had and amazing time Finishing it with my son on co op.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats the status on this game's console exclusivity? Is it timed like Rise of the Tomb Raider? Will we eventually see it on PS5 like with Shadow Complex? Is it permanent?

InfiniteBlue

Nov 1, 2017
Always good to see a game with a cohesive artistic vision succeed. Hopefully this will encourage other developers to employ old-school game design sensibilities as well.

Nov 21, 2017
This year alone I've bought Cuphead, Dead Cells and Hollow Knight on Steam. Just incredible how high the quality is for 2D Platformers right now. Congrats to Cuphead's devs - the sales are well deserved!

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
It's really, truly, definitely, absolutely amazing!!! Hell yeah...

Well deserved, congrats StudioMDHR!

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
96% user score? Eh its not that good imo.
How did Ori sell on Steam? Think its a better game tbh.
Still great for Cuphead.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic news, game is amazing it runs on potato's so if you are interested but don't own a xbox just get the pc version, my laptop is crap and it runs like a charm on it.

Really the indie gem of this year alongside with hollow knight.

Oct 27, 2017
So, is it cheating for me to change shooting to a toggle rather than needing to hold the button to hold down?

Becuase that's what I did.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So fucking happy for these guys they deserve it. 2nd best game of the year for me. I honestly really hope we get a sequel. I'd gladly pay full price 60 for a true 8 world run and gun sequel.

Corine

Nov 8, 2017
Wow I didn't realize it had sold so much already. Congrats! They'll sell one more copy to me eventually.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Bought it, knowing I'd hated it. I hate difficult games. Really wanted to support the devs though. Played it for 30 minutes, died like 50 times. Noped it, turned it off and never touched it again. Still glad I bought it.