• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2019/05/07/cuphead-tops-the-eu-nintendo-switch-eshop-charts-for-april/

here's the chart:
  1. Cuphead
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  4. Enter the Gungeon
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  6. Final Fantasy VII
  7. Rocket League
  8. Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
  9. Minecraft
  10. FIFA 19
  11. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  12. Overcooked 2
  13. Stardew Valley
  14. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  15. Octopath Traveler

a really good mix of first party, indie and 3rd party games imo. and congrats to studio MDHR, i'm sure the game won't leave the chart anytime soon.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Thoroughly deserved. Brilliant game and as someone who doesn't own an Xbox/gaming PC, I'm very grateful this came to Switch at all.

Thornton Reed

Oct 30, 2017
cuphead is quickly becoming one of the greatest games I've ever played. Not having a PC or Xbox i thought i'd never get to play it as well.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Given that Xbox has no games, that's a really good performance for a non-game.

Seriously though, Cuphead is amazing and I'm really pleased to see it get more exposure. Well deserved.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking at the eShop chart every 3 days or so and it never left the 1st spot here on the French one.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Worth mentioning that a lot of the games on the lower ranks got a boost due to the rather long sale Europe had although I am not sure if the charts are based on units or revenue (I assume the former).

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised to see Dragon's Dogma is only at 14. It has been in the top 3 of the UK store charts since it came out.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Great game. I've been enjoying it a lot.

Question: a few weeks ago there was an update on the PC version of Cuphead that added Japanese, Chinese and Korean text among other stuff.
Did the Switch version also get that update?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question: a few weeks ago there was an update on the PC version of Cuphead that added Japanese, Chinese and Korean text among other stuff.
Did the Switch version also get that update?
the switch version launched with that content, the xbo/pc versions got updated to have version parity with the switch version, which included more localizations, mugman playable in single player, as well as optimizing the size of the game (if i'm not mistaken the game takes a lot less space on xbo now)

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Great for that relationship between Nintendo and Xbox and can't wait for more titles. Bought Cuphead even though i had it on Xbox to support. Great to see Gungeon so high up too after the sale. Will be interesting to see where the slew of new titles this month(steamworld etc) come in next months charts. I imagine Cuphead will sit top for a very long time.

I've totally forgotten, but what is Nintendos release this month? Know they tend to stick to one a month.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
the switch version launched with that content, the xbo/pc versions got updated to have version parity with the switch version, which included more localizations, mugman playable in single player, as well as optimizing the size of the game (if i'm not mistaken the game takes a lot less space on xbo now)
But the patch notes on Steam said that, when played in Japanese, the Title texts when beginning a stage would display special Kanji.
I changed the Switch's language to Japanese and the title screens are still in English (while the rest of the game is in Japanese).

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But the patch notes on Steam said that, when played in Japanese, the Title texts when beginning a stage would display special Kanji.
I changed the Switch's language to Japanese and the title screens are still in English (while the rest of the game is in Japanese).
huh, i remember reading how the new localizations and hand-made titles are coming with the switch version, and teeth talked about it as well.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cuphead is such a unique gem. Not only it plays well and is creative as hell, but it's safe to say that unless a Cuphead 2 is in the works, nothing that is even remotely comparable to its visual style and identity will be released in the next decade. Not a lot of games can claim to have such a detailed, unique and hard to pull off look as Cuphead, which will forever keep it in people's minds as a timeless experience imho. And well, it's a great game on its own, and would have been fun even if it was shitty low quality Flash graphics from 2004. 100% deserved success.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, that Japanese calligraphy that he talked about isn't there.
huh, i remember reading how the new localizations and hand-made titles are coming with the switch version, and teeth talked about it as well.

It's definitely there and has been there since launch:
JP_Boss_Card.jpg

The title screen wasn't localized because the logo is the same log for Japanese localization. I was referring to all of the 'title cards' for each of the fights.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
It's definitely there and has been there since launch:
JP_Boss_Card.jpg

The title screen wasn't localized because the logo is the same log for Japanese localization. I was referring to all of the 'title cards' for each of the fights.
Oh wow, I could swear that I changed the console's language and I missed that!
Gonna try it again, thanks.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Oh wow, I could swear that I changed the console's language and I missed that!
Gonna try it again, thanks.

I'm not sure if changing the console's language will change the game's language if you've already launched it in a different language. Just go into Cuphead's Options->Language, then press left or right to change the language directly in the game itself. All of them are there for the choosing.